Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janson

fireSNOW
Aug 5, 2007
Islander Country
Will the returns be better this roster freeze or the March 5th deadline? I would assume the March deadline is better time to sell TV but can we afford to risk injury till them?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I believe that Garth won't deal him because he isn't going to get what he deems fair value back. and he'd rather not trade a guy for less than what he feels is worth & then hurt his GM credibility/let it be known that he will cave when his back is against the wall (which it always is).

If Garth's idea of "fair value" is close to some of the trade proposals we're seeing on here, then you may be correct. I hope our fellow posters are correct, but I just don't see us getting, for example, another team's top prospect, plus a #1, plus etc. for a pure rental.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Hey all
First time creating a thread

If we were to pick one team and trade all/most of our available assets to them, like the Rags and Blue Jackets seem to do, what team would it be and who/what would we get in return?

My pipedream is dealing with the Blues and getting Shattenkirk, Allen and a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

There is no way Shattenkirk will be traded for expiring contracts.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
Both. I think he's young and unproven, and the second he gets here he won't play great and everyone will destroy him. I'd rather go after a veteran with a solid track record like Miller/Hiller/Halak in the offseason.

I also don't think they're going to want to trade him after trading away Scrivens.

Yeah I would be surprised if he is dealt. But I think he would be an ideal goalie for us. Isles can sign another more proven goalie in the offseason like Halak and have a legit quality back up who can end up being the starter if Halak goes down with injury or plays poorly.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
But as of late he has been playing like 5 million dollar defense man. He is a good hockey player and knows how to step up when he needs too. We might actually get more than we expect for Andy . I would rather sign him him but that is a long shot. We are not gonna give him that kind of increase. anyone know Jack Hillens #? We are gonna be bare on the backend real soon.

I think Hillen is injured with the capitals, but maybe Fearless Freddie Meyer is ready for a third stint as an islander. :sarcasm:

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Jared Cowen+ for Vanek AND MacDonald

Just curious what it would cost from your guys' POV on top of Jared Cowen, to get both AM and TV.

My assumption would be that Michalek would be involved for salary purposes (upcoming UFA)

There was a rumor of Stone for Moulson, and currently, MacDonald would fit better than Cowen even though Cowen holds a lot more value, so it seems like it could be a fit for both teams.

PS: Cowen is in his first year of a 4yr 3.100m deal and Ottawa doesn't have a 1st this year.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Hypothetical
Islanders end up with pick 5 or 6, keep it and draft whomever. Snow trades Vanek and Macdonald and ends up with 2 picks in the 24-30 range. Could or would Snow flip one of those 2014 picks to a middle of the pack team for a 2015 pick. Would the team getting the 2014 have to add?

scott99

May 13, 2005
I'd be SHOCKED if Vanek or AMac get traded today. Expect trades to happen Mar 4 or 5, OR, worst case scenario, Snow ****s this all up and gets nothing for either guy. Me personally, I wish they were both traded already, because I dread waking up March 6th knowing Snow ****ed up.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Can't say i personally have any interest in Cowen.

Does he not fit what the Islanders would want?
He's having a bad year, sure, but he's worth a heck of a lot more than a late 1st rounder, and that's been the starting point on some of these proposals.

Also, that 4th/5th overall pick the Isles have... THAT and Cowen has a lot better chances of moving you up 3-4 spots than two late 1sts does.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
He's having a bad year, sure, but he's worth a heck of a lot more than a late 1st rounder, and that's been the starting point on some of these proposals.

Also, that 4th/5th overall pick the Isles have... THAT and Cowen has a lot better chances of moving you up 3-4 spots than two late 1sts does.

I like Cowen, but he wouldn't fit in the long term plans.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

If Cowen is primary asset we get back, sign me up. I don't know about values and all of that to even things out, but I'd love to get him on the Isles. I agree with you, he is exactly what we're looking for. He comes already developed and ready to make an impact in the NHL.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I like Cowen, but he wouldn't fit in the long term plans.

How so?

Cowen is in the NHL and has quite a bit of upside. He's cost controlled and he brings much needed size to our smurf blue line. I'd be all over him if he Ottawa was willing to trade him in any deal concerning Vanek and AMac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad