Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
I think we can all be assured that Vanek ISN'T signing with us bore July 1st. IF it's true the Isles offered him 7/60, That's 8.57 million a year. IF he turned that down, no way in HELL we sign him before the trade deadline

I also think Miller being traded to the Isles has 0% chance of happening.

I only read staples tweet where 7/50 was mentioned. Is that outdated?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
And it was also reported that he is NOT.. hopefully for our sake maybe if were lucky a late first.. but as Botta tweeted today..

Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 1h
An NHL GM told me this am that he views Andrew MacDonald's trade value as a late 2nd round pick plus a 5th rounder. #isles

In addition to the poster who mentioned that SNOW will fleece another GM.. i hope you were being sarcastic..

So, 1 gm thinks his value is a 2nd plus an additional pick? Its not so far fetched that a different gm thinks he's worth more. Especially if that gm has a dman or two on IR.

All it takes is a few teams to have interest and the value goes up.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I'm 100% sure you will be wrong. There's no way Vanek is here after March 5th.

I believe that Garth won't deal him because he isn't going to get what he deems fair value back. and he'd rather not trade a guy for less than what he feels is worth & then hurt his GM credibility/let it be known that he will cave when his back is against the wall (which it always is).

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
And it was also reported that he is NOT.. hopefully for our sake maybe if were lucky a late first.. but as Botta tweeted today..

Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 1h
An NHL GM told me this am that he views Andrew MacDonald's trade value as a late 2nd round pick plus a 5th rounder. #isles

In addition to the poster who mentioned that SNOW will fleece another GM.. i hope you were being sarcastic..

Negotiating stance. No GM is going to fully reveal their hand to a member of the media unless it is self-serving. Shame on you for believing this.

cagefighter91

Sep 5, 2013
Vanek-MacDonald Package

Hey all
First time creating a thread

If we were to pick one team and trade all/most of our available assets to them, like the Rags and Blue Jackets seem to do, what team would it be and who/what would we get in return?

My pipedream is dealing with the Blues and getting Shattenkirk, Allen and a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
All this AMac's value...
Campoli went for a late first rounder.

Campoli was a young RFA that had potential he didn't reach. It was overpayment, but it makes a lot more sense to give up a 1st for someone like that than an older UFA looking for a big payday. Don't forget Comrie was also in that deal, he was supposed to help out on offense and obviously didn't cause he was terrible.

Hey all
First time creating a thread

If we were to pick one team and trade all/most of our available assets to them, like the Rags and Blue Jackets seem to do, what team would it be and who/what would we get in return?

My pipedream is dealing with the Blues and getting Shattenkirk, Allen and a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Staple tweeted that he thinks they'll be moved in separate deals to maximize value.

Janson

fireSNOW
Aug 5, 2007
Islander Country
All the minutes AMAC got ended up hurting his value. It's no secret he has been bad.

But as of late he has been playing like 5 million dollar defense man. He is a good hockey player and knows how to step up when he needs too. We might actually get more than we expect for Andy . I would rather sign him him but that is a long shot. We are not gonna give him that kind of increase. anyone know Jack Hillens #? We are gonna be bare on the backend real soon.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I'm 100% convinced that Vanek will not be traded & we will lose him for nothing over the summer.

I think we all have that sick feeling in our stomachs (maybe it's the chowda ?). But when I saw Vanek writhing around on the ice last night, I almost threw up.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Negotiating stance. No GM is going to fully reveal their hand to a member of the media unless it is self-serving. Shame on you for believing this.

Not only that, but MacDonald's value is going to be wildly different to teams depending on their cap situation. To a team that can go out and add a salary, MacDonald is not going to be the top choice or worth all that much.

But, if a team up against the cap (that can't move a salary) needs a defenseman, AMac is suddenly worth a whole lot more as he is really the only chance for an upgrade.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
But as of late he has been playing like 5 million dollar defense man. He is a good hockey player and knows how to step up when he needs too. We might actually get more than we expect for Andy . I would rather sign him him but that is a long shot. We are not gonna give him that kind of increase. anyone know Jack Hillens #? We are gonna be bare on the backend real soon.

Not sure if serious. o_O

bk365

Feb 7, 2014
A question about an old Garth Snow trade..

I was going through old trades Garth Snow made and I came across the Wisniewski trade. The Islanders acquired a 2011 2nd round pick and another conditional pick. This is from an NHL.com article on the trade:

If the Canadiens make the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs and Wisniewski plays in at least 50 percent of the Canadiens' playoff games, the Islanders will receive the Canadiens' 2012 fifth-round pick; if that pick is unavailable the Islanders will get a fourth-round pick in 2013.

I checked to see who the Islanders used these picks for. They used the 2nd on Johan Sundstrom (currently with Bport) but I couldn't find the other pick. The Habs made the playoffs and he played in 6 of the 7 games. They did trade their 2012 5th round picks so it should have switched to a 2013 4th round pick. But as far as I can tell the Islanders never received the 2nd of the 2 picks. Unless I'm missing something (which I probably am)...

:help::rant::help::rant::help::rant::help::rant:

Janson

fireSNOW
Aug 5, 2007
Islander Country
Not sure if serious. o_O

Semi serious. I'd sign amac as a #4-6 dman but we have been playing him as top 3. I like the kid , not as mush as rutsgasser but I like him. Give him 10 million for 3 years, we know we aren't getting anyone close to his caliber to sign you might as well spend some $ on him. Otherwise we bring in Todd Bertuzzi to play with JT and ok next year to reach the floor. If you have to overpay why not someone in your lockerroom? It sends a better message than giving big money to someone who has been here all of 5 mins, remember Rolston ?

Janson

fireSNOW
Aug 5, 2007
Islander Country
if he wouldnt take 16 million for 4 years, how can we give him 10 for 3?

Sorry I honestly wasn't aware of that offer. Still I have no problem with 20million for 5yrs. We have a cap floor to reach, why not overpay a little for someone who is a true islander? It may hurt us down the road a little but in my opinion the good outweighs the bad. We. Didn't want to give the money to our captain last year.... Eventually someone has to get paid. When are we going to identify our core? 2026?

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Don't like Jones? Or don't think he is available?

Both. I think he's young and unproven, and the second he gets here he won't play great and everyone will destroy him. I'd rather go after a veteran with a solid track record like Miller/Hiller/Halak in the offseason.

I also don't think they're going to want to trade him after trading away Scrivens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad