Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I wonder if Snow/Wang will retain 50% of Vanek's salary to get a better deal.

No need if they swing a body our way that costs a little. If Vanek returns what someone on his level should return - a pick, prospect, and player, the prospect and player will have some salary coming our way. The player alone might be someone overpaid to begin with.

Just look at Souray, not that I would want him, but if we worked out a deal for other items including him that's $3.5 mill in salary back our way alone.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Scary that Regin becomes the reigning Stanley Cup Champs 2C

It may sound scary, but that is literally their only roster deficiency and to be honest, they have a lot of plus players (10 Oympians and could have had more).

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
i hope vis continues on good footing with the isles now that he has been told not to go to the olympics. What could he return if he waived his ntc?

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
i hope vis continues on good footing with the isles now that he has been told not to go to the olympics. What could he return if he waived his ntc?

Is anyone thinking that there is a legitimate chance that Visnovsky could retire from the NHL at season end? Not only is he barred from the Olympics, but he also experienced a concussion that kept him out for an extended period of time. At 38 years old, he may go back to the KHL or just decide to be with his family.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Losing visnovsky is a scary thought. Having to replace visnovsky and macdonald's minutes in one offseason would be extremely difficult

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Vis is not barred if he is medically cleared to play he can go its players choice at that point. See Strangs tweets from last night.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Any thoughts on the top organizational needs at this point? Not for this year's playoff run :sarcasm:, but longer-term (next season moving forward). My thoughts, not necessarily in order:

*goaltender: The Isles have one old, injury-prone, sub-par starter, and 2 (really 3) unproven kids in Poulin, Nilsson and Koskinen. So short and long-term this is a need. A very good goalie in his prime (like Miller who would be good for 5-6 years if they can sign him, but this is an unlikely option), or a young goalie about to break out, or even a stud prospect like Gibson would all be good. This is probably the easiest one to fill via UFA though (but how many times can we go to that well? :shakehead).

*Defense: huge need now and next year, but potentially the deepest position long-term. They really need a PP QB and size on the back end in 2014-15.

*top 6 winger with size: difficult commodity to obtain, but something else they really need. Nelson (if he plays wing) and Lee could help out here, but a RH guy with size who could play RW in the top 6 is a big need.

*actually, the #1 immediate need is a coach who can at least look like he knows what he's doing (rather than the deer-in-the-headlights-what-am-I-doing-here look we get from Fred Flintstone).

Thoughts?

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Jeeeezuz, Ecklund is saying we might be gearing up for a Miller trade.....Okay Eck. If you say so.

He's been linking us to Miller for awhile now. Staple also mentioned that Snow discussed Miller last summer and this preseason so there's no doubt in my mind that Snow has high interest in Miller. Also, there isn't that many games left in the season which I think brings the value of Miller down which is good. With that said though, I still don't think this happens, as much as I would love Miller.

I do think Snow will go hard at him this summer

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
FWIW, the only thing Anaheim really needs is a guy to put away goals in front, especially on the PP. I could really see Vanek (or Moulson) going there.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
He's been linking us to Miller for awhile now. Staple also mentioned that Snow discussed Miller last summer and this preseason so there's no doubt in my mind that Snow has high interest in Miller. Also, there isn't that many games left in the season which I think brings the value of Miller down which is good. With that said though, I still don't think this happens, as much as I would love Miller.

I do think Snow will go hard at him this summer

If Snow brings in Miller at this point, I might have to take to the streets with pitchfork in hand--somebody else needs to start the fiery stake !! ;)

scott99

May 13, 2005
Losing visnovsky is a scary thought. Having to replace visnovsky and macdonald's minutes in one offseason would be extremely difficult

Not difficult at all, IF we had an owner who cared and is willing to spend, and a GM that didn't have his head up his ass.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
If Snow brings in Miller at this point, I might have to take to the streets with pitchfork in hand--somebody else needs to start the fiery stake !! ;)

Lol no need. I don't think the cost on Miller would be much at this point. With only 20 something games left and not a big market for him AF this point I think Buffalo waited to long to deal him.

We can probably get Miller fairly cheap

TexMurphyPI

Feb 11, 2003
Jeeeezuz, Ecklund is saying we might be gearing up for a Miller trade.....Okay Eck. If you say so.

I only see this happening if Vanek is willing to sign with the Isles if Miller was brought in and also signed.

Isles can trade AMac somewhere for a 2014 1st, then move that 1st along with prospect & Poulin for Miller.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
No point in trading for Miller now that the playoffs are all but written off, especially if it means giving up anyone worthwhile. Bring him in last summer, or even November/December, and the Isles are probably right in the thick of it... now it's much too late.

coachdny

Aug 20, 2010
I only see this happening if Vanek is willing to sign with the Isles if Miller was brought in and also signed.

Isles can trade AMac somewhere for a 2014 1st, then move that 1st along with prospect & Poulin for Miller.

People.. AMac is NOT worth a First... lets stop. At best a 2nd Rd Pick..

scott99

May 13, 2005

I think we can all be assured that Vanek ISN'T signing with us bore July 1st. IF it's true the Isles offered him 7/60, That's 8.57 million a year. IF he turned that down, no way in HELL we sign him before the trade deadline

I also think Miller being traded to the Isles has 0% chance of happening.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
People.. AMac is NOT worth a First... lets stop. At best a 2nd Rd Pick..

It was already reported that his trade value is a late first maybe a small plus so NO! His cap hit makes him a value for a team loading up for the playoffs regardless of what you think about his abilities.

coachdny

Aug 20, 2010
It was already reported that his trade value is a late first maybe a small plus so NO! His cap hit makes him a value for a team loading up for the playoffs regardless of what you think about his abilities.

And it was also reported that he is NOT.. hopefully for our sake maybe if were lucky a late first.. but as Botta tweeted today..

Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 1h
An NHL GM told me this am that he views Andrew MacDonald's trade value as a late 2nd round pick plus a 5th rounder. #isles

In addition to the poster who mentioned that SNOW will fleece another GM.. i hope you were being sarcastic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad