Official Tank Thread of the Toronto Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Drafting/Developing net out is the quickest and most stable way to build a franchise. Otherwise we'll end up becoming the pre-McDavid Oilers.

Two top D is the bare minimum to becoming a contender. We have one.

Rielly XXXXXX
Gardiner Phaneuf
Hunwick/Harrington/Percy

Last edited:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
So far so good start to the year. Getting some points, but staying in the bottom 5. Season will have ups and downs, but that is a solid lotto spot so far.

Agreed we certainly could use another big hit on the blueline. But, will have to just keep on drafting. Of course if we're picking and an awesome D is the best guy there....awesome :). That'd be convenient.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
So far so good start to the year. Getting some points, but staying in the bottom 5. Season will have ups and downs, but that is a solid lotto spot so far.

Agreed we certainly could use another big hit on the blueline. But, will have to just keep on drafting. Of course if we're picking and an awesome D is the best guy there....awesome :). That'd be convenient.

Were signing Zaitsev and drafting Fabbro with the Pitts pick. We'll be good.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Just watched our schedule for the next 30 days, as good as we play with babs there is no way we win 3 games in the next 8 9 games, monday against arizona probably and maybe another one or 2 but even that i think is to much...L at Montreal, W vs arizona, L at Rangers, L at home vs Penguins, L at home Dallas, L vs Jets, W vs Detroit, L at Capitals then we play at dallas and nashville :) there is no way we finish outside of top 5 in the bottom the way the standings are setting up, i am positive it's going to be us,devils and one of sabres or arizona for the bottom 3..

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Just watched our schedule for the next 30 days, as good as we play with babs there is no way we win 3 games in the next 8 9 games, monday against arizona probably and maybe another one or 2 but even that i think is to much...L at Montreal, W vs arizona, L at Rangers, L at home vs Penguins, L at home Dallas, L vs Jets, W vs Detroit, L at Capitals then we play at dallas and nashville :) there is no way we finish outside of top 5 in the bottom the way the standings are setting up, i am positive it's going to be us,devils and one of sabres or arizona for the bottom 3..
yeah we should be bottom 5, though i pray if we cant win any of the three lotto seeds, no one below us wins, image us coming with the 3rd worst record and the 4th, 5th, and 6th seeds win the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place lotto. To go from tckachuck/puli/laine, to brown/bean/nylander/benson is a pretty big drop

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

We might beat Pittsburgh the way they've been playing lately.

Not sure about Arizona as well. They have been playing decently so far.

Last edited:

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Are the Leafs going to promote all the talent at the same time? That's a lot of rookies in next year. Maybe prepare for another losing year next year before we see results

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Are the Leafs going to promote all the talent at the same time? That's a lot of rookies in next year. Maybe prepare for another losing year next year before we see results

Brown and Nylander are the only two forwards that are "locks" in my mind. Maybe one of Hyman, Bailey, Leivo, and Soshnikov. I see Marner and Kapanen as needing another year.

I think we can reasonably intake 4 rookie forwards, especially because some of them will be "overdeveloped".

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Pick looking good and our young guns are looking great.

Tank is going pretty well so far i'd say.
I'm liking everything about this. Last year's team was the worst thing ever. I like the effort these guys are putting in. With some finish they might actually be around .500

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Brown and Nylander are the only two forwards that are "locks" in my mind. Maybe one of Hyman, Bailey, Leivo, and Soshnikov. I see Marner and Kapanen as needing another year.

I think we can reasonably intake 4 rookie forwards, especially because some of them will be "overdeveloped".

I expect Leivo to get promoted once/if we ship out a few forwards at the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad