OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
He did not renew his contract or they did not renew his?
A Beasley spokesperson said 98.5 did offer to renew Shertenlieb's contract, but he never accepted.

"We value Rich’s contributions to the show over the years. Beasley offered to renew his contract for multiple years on terms better than his existing contract. He never accepted. We wish him the best," the spokesperson said.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I just don't think Fred brings anything to the table. He's either complaining about his personal life, his Jets fandom or arguing with someone over something stupid and making things awkward. Good luck to him but I don't know who you can find as a #2 for him that would turn things around. I suppose this could be a chance for Hardy if he's interested. They promoted Joe Murray from within so maybe that would be a logical choice. He has the music background that would fit in well and isn't a hardcore sports guy. Same as Rich.

He chose not to sign the offer but no one knows why he opted out
Thanks. I think I will conclude he just couldn't take working with Fred anymore and I can't blame him. He probably has something else lined up.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

If you told me last night that Fred would do 15 minutes on this and it would be reserved and well thought out, I’d have laughed in your face.

Not saying the guys cleared of all sins but this was probably the best 15 minutes of his career lol. That new contract has him feeling all kinds of happy

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
If you told me last night that Fred would do 15 minutes on this and it would be reserved and well thought out, I’d have laughed in your face.

Not saying the guys cleared of all sins but this was probably the best 15 minutes of his career lol. That new contract has him feeling all kinds of happy
Tells me he’s very capable and that the last call it 6 months plus has been the result of an ongoing cold war of sorts.

Have to imagine Rich got fed up with carrying the load while Fred was in again, out again, and told him as much.

Based on Fred’s new attitude, I also believe the show can work and will probably go in a different direction. Rich did a lot of the leg work and was a driving force behind a lot of what they did, sports related content as well as off topic content.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1699625827244.png

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
So does this mean Lockhart not getting paid? Never understood how only Rich paid Lockhart pay and Big Pockets Fred just sat back and did nothing.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If Fred has this newfound attitude and pep in his step maybe he was getting sick of Rich too. These things usually do end. Dennis and Callahan, Mad Dog and Francessa. I just don't think Fred has done himself any favors in how he has come across on air and on social media leading up to this point.

Kirk Minihane on his live prodcast just said that the whole building didn't like Rich
Ya there's so much we don't know but I am coming around to Rich had enough with Fred and then at that point people probably chose sides. It has the hint of Rich being arrogant and carrying an "I do everything for this show" vibe to it. But maybe we'll never really know.

Kirk Minihane on his live prodcast just said that the whole building didn't like Rich
The Fred and Kirk show? Didn't they used to hate each other? And now it seems that has flipped.

Reactions: smithformeragent

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If Fred has this newfound attitude and pep in his step maybe he was getting sick of Rich too. These things usually do end. Dennis and Callahan, Mad Dog and Francessa. I just don't think Fred has done himself any favors in how he has come across on air and on social media leading up to this point.

Ya there's so much we don't know but I am coming around to Rich had enough with Fred and then at that point people probably chose sides. It has the hint of Rich being arrogant and carrying an "I do everything for this show" vibe to it. But maybe we'll never really know.

The Fred and Kirk show? Didn't they used to hate each other? And now it seems that has flipped.
Kirk burned all his bridges. He stands alone.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm sure he's got one hell of an NDA and Non Compete. I highly doubt Rich goes to any other sports station.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don’t think Rich is as likable as he lead everyone to believe.
It’s very possible. It would just surprise me if Rich ended up the asshole in the situation and Fred the innocent bystander. It goes against everything we’ve learned about them for what is it, 20 years now?

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It’s very possible. It would just surprise me if Rich ended up the asshole in the situation and Fred the innocent bystander. It goes against everything we’ve learned about them for what is it, 20 years now?
I think there have been little signs over the years but it was easy to ignore them and think you were imagining things.

Rich is passive aggressive especially when he feels wronged in any way. He would also kill a topic if he didn’t feel like covering it. He’s done it when they’ve been talking Bruins which really pisses me off the most.

In the end I think Rich thought he could my way or the highway during negotiations and when Beasley pushed back, Rich walked.

Fred is an absolute walking train wreck but he’s been almost too honest about it and is working hard to make it all work. Rich has never truly been open and honest with listeners and at times, he came across as dismissive and resentful towards Fred.

I wish Rich all the best but there’s a lot more to this story and I don’t think it is going to be pretty for Rich when it all inevitable comes out.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Good let him go over to WEEI. It is still a sinking ship. Honestly, good riddance to Rich. I'm no Fred fan but he's not out there tweeting pictures of tea cups and trying to spin it like he didn't want to leave. He was offered a solid contract and without telling anyone on his show, told management he was declining their offer.

If he tries to go to WEEI, I can see Beasley suing him

Reactions: Gordoff

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Good let him go over to WEEI. It is still a sinking ship. Honestly, good riddance to Rich. I'm no Fred fan but he's not out there tweeting pictures of tea cups and trying to spin it like he didn't want to leave. He was offered a solid contract and without telling anyone on his show, told management he was declining their offer.

If he tries to go to WEEI, I can see Beasley suing him
Sue him for what? They offered him a contract, he declined.

"Your honor. The defendent should of said yes."

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad