OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Listening to T&R. Reminder of how absolutely brutal Wallach is as the second guy. Consistently interrupting and talking over guests. Show is toast unless they give Hardy a promotion.
It also takes him 90 seconds to make an obvious point that other people can articulate in 5 words. Move Hardy in, make Ryan Johnston the flash guy. Stick Wallach with Beetle and Zo

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
At the end of the day, Fred, when he was going through some shit, made claims about everyone else on the show that were false. He even admitted it when he finally got back on air. I'm sure Rich took those lies personally, after carrying the entire show while Fred had his issues with booze and then the throat issues. It's just another in a long line of radio shows that went on for a long time but eventually fizzled out. In reality, that show had ceased to be funny a number of years ago, and they only pulled ratings because the alternatives were so f***ing awful. Maybe the change makes Fred take his job seriously again? Maybe Rich moves to a competitive station and they spew hate at each other? Either way, it's better than mailing it in continually, like that show had been doing for years now.
It felt like a show about Fred’s life. It became unlistenable at times the past few years. How many times would a guest come on and it would end up being about something happened to Fred.

Hardy & more of Mike Lockhart would be where I go - go grab Keefe from WEEI nights ?

Does Rich replace Greg Hill whose contract is up next summer and is always discussing retirement? His kids are out of school he’s 56 or 57.

Will be interesting

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Listening to Ty Anderson embarrass himself with how little he knows about out of town hockey news is infuriating to the enth degree. This is what qualifies as a beat writer for one of the premier hockey franchises in the NHL?

Ty Anderson to me is 100 % correct here. What am I missing. Embarrassing :laugh:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
My Dunks drive this morning listened to Felger & Ty again and takeaway

Felger who’s never seen Bussi play and wouldn’t be able to pick him out of lineup would rather go with him over Ullmark

(Of course this is silly - if Felger bank account was on the line with winning one playoff game I’d guess he would pick Ullmark )

Also not sure where Ty showed no knowledge of out of town hockey on this

Appreciate any help in where I missed this

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Babajingo

My Dunks drive this morning listened to Felger & Ty again and takeaway

Felger who’s never seen Bussi play and wouldn’t be able to pick him out of lineup would rather go with him over Ullmark

(Of course this is silly - if Felger bank account was on the line with winning one playoff game I’d guess he would pick Ullmark )

Also not sure where Ty showed no knowledge of out of town hockey on this

Appreciate any help in where I missed this
Felger is an Anti-Scandite.

This goes back to Tuukka.

Reactions: DKH

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Ty Anderson to me is 100 % correct here. What am I missing. Embarrassing :laugh:

The idea that Nugent Hopkins is terrible without McDavid ignores the fact that the Oilers are terrible at roster building and have no depth on the wings, therefore they have no choice but to play him and Draisaitl with McDavid which leaves the team weak up the middle outside of their first line. Gee...it's almost like not surrounding your best players with complimentary talent causes their numbers to fall to shit and you are stuck being a one line team or something. Damn, why does that immediately of the late 2010s Bruins with Pastrnak, Bergeron, and Marchand? Hrmmmmmmmmmm.

So Ty is wrong and he would know this fact about Nugent Hopkins if he was a responsible journalist who just bothered to look at the out of town box scores or did a basic google search. But you see, Ty Anderson can't think because he's too busy using shutting off his two brain cells so he can be a good little beat writer puppet for the Bruins and say how Don Sweeney can do no wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Felger is an Anti-Scandite.

This goes back to Tuukka.
Blaming the Goldie
The idea that Nugent Hopkins is terrible without McDavid ignores the fact that the Oilers are terrible at roster building and have no depth on the wings, therefore they have no choice but to play him and Draisaitl with McDavid which leaves the team weak up the middle outside of their first line. Gee...it's almost like not surrounding your best players with complimentary talent causes their numbers to fall to shit and you are stuck being a one line team or something. Damn, why does that immediately of the late 2010s Bruins with Pastrnak, Bergeron, and Marchand? Hrmmmmmmmmmm.

So Ty is wrong and he would know this fact about Nugent Hopkins if he was a responsible journalist who just bothered to look at the out of town box scores or did a basic google search. But you see, Ty Anderson can't think because he's too busy using shutting off his two brain cells so he can be a good little beat writer puppet for the Bruins and say how Don Sweeney can do no wrong.
So Ty Anderson disagrees with your take and therefore he has 2 brain cells and is a puppet for Sweeney ?

I think you need to reread Ty because he’s been to critical of Donny from what I been reading.

Reactions: bxxbrxx

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
So Ty Anderson disagrees with your take and therefore he has 2 brain cells and is a puppet for Sweeney ?

I think you need to reread Ty because he’s been to critical of Donny from what I been reading.

200w.gif

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I’m still trying to figure out from that Felger & Ty Anderson exchange resulted in Ty knows nothing about Western Conference and no mention Felger takes were all silly and he gets backed into a corner and gets all testy

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins with Montreal, Tampa and Florida coming up - Noon Thursday 11.16.23​

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Seems that 98.5 is just gonna spam social media content with shitty takes until things go viral. Fun.

Spotify is the greatest thing that could’ve happened to my car

Reactions: GatorMike

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Good. He’s over rated. And that includes himself. Always negative and all knowing. Needs to lay off the cannabis and get a different hat.

Reactions: 2yrs2retire

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Good. He’s over rated. And that includes himself. Always negative and all knowing. Needs to lay off the cannabis and get a different hat.
Home run

I think Murray is smart enough to know he would suck

I’d go get Keefe & Mego, buy out Fred and promote Hardy & let Lockhart talk

WEEI is going to slaughter 98.5 if Fred is point guy

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Greg Hill actually seems like a pretty decent talk show host. I don't get the sense people hate him like so many other hosts in the business. I just wonder if a strong #2 could really propel his show. I don't listen enough to have a true sense of the show dynamics though.

Reactions: DKH

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Greg Hill actually seems like a pretty decent talk show host. I don't get the sense people hate him like so many other hosts in the business. I just wonder if a strong #2 could really propel his show. I don't listen enough to have a true sense of the show dynamics though.
I like Hillman. It is the low IQ sorts of Courtney and Wiggie that I can't stand. Not to mention Chris Curtis. Ugh.

I have listened to them since April.

Reactions: Johnnyduke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad