OT: Official Sports Media Thread X: WEEI's owner is nearly broke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Boy, I thought Felger was the biggest dink in Boston air, Adam Jones has him beat. Yesterday Felger was on defense against Jones concerning the B’s. Wow.
It’s all schtick which is why buyer beware - Jones actually is pretty sharp but his opinions on air aren’t real so why listen

Nilan update

In 2022, he was fired from his Off the Cuff hosting position by Bell Media after he refused to get vaccinated against COVID-19.[3]

Nilan Currently hosts his own Podcast "The Raw Knuckles Podcast"

• Haha
Reactions: McGarnagle

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I wonder if Merloni sees the writing on the wall and is jumping ship to the Sox.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Current WEEI management is baffling to me. Ratings are down so let people go and bring in people who are worse. Almost seems like they want to fail.
Ya that's what strikes me about Merloni. Maybe people disagree but I really think he was the best they had over there. Granted I don't listen to them very much but when I see Merlon on BST with Felger I always watch that segment. He can be critical when necessary but isn't over the top either. Opinionated, decent sense of humor.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if Merloni sees the writing on the wall and is jumping ship to the Sox.
he was a budget casualty- he wasn’t looking to leave

I been listening and he said he liked what he was doing but was let go

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
he was a budget casualty- he wasn’t looking to leave

I been listening and he said he liked what he was doing but was let go
Him and Holley were the best recently. Fauria stays, WTF. Go back to Cali…..

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
All the best to him, he hung on for awhile, but Mut was one of the worst hosts in the history of that station. Can't imagine it's great for Keefe having to do nights with little kids at home.

I used to be a rabid WEEI listener. Those days are long, long gone.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
All the best to him, he hung on for awhile, but Mut was one of the worst hosts in the history of that station. Can't imagine it's great for Keefe having to do nights with little kids at home.

I used to be a rabid WEEI listener. Those days are long, long gone.

It all came crashing down 13 years ago when 98.5 started and once Minihane imploded 4 years ago nothing seems to work.

WEEI has the Red Sox until 2028 so they will limp along. I suspect they will focus on sports betting once Massachusetts flips the switch as early as next month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Si Hopkins

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Screw EEI.

Rich works his ass off, and I like Wallach, but it’s clear that Fred couldn’t give two shits. He’s going through the motions.

That show used to be awesome. I loved when they’d have Goucher on.

I could do without some of the weird shit they discuss. It feels like a chore sometimes for them to talk sports.

Felger and Mazz are kings of the market.
Gold standard.

Reactions: DKH

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Screw EEI.

Rich works his ass off, and I like Wallach, but it’s clear that Fred couldn’t give two shits. He’s going through the motions.

That show used to be awesome. I loved when they’d have Goucher on.

I could do without some of the weird shit they discuss. It feels like a chore sometimes for them to talk sports.

Felger and Mazz are kings of the market.
Gold standard.

Trolling is the Gold Standard LOL!!!

• Love
Reactions: chizzler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad