OT: Official Sports Media Thread X: WEEI's owner is nearly broke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This isn't true in Massachusetts. In fact, EVERY high school junior, as of this school year, will be required to do an action civics project. We built a whole course around the project at my school. The first half of the year is spent learning how to engage with the decision-makers in our communities to facilitate some sort of change, based on the kids' interests. The second half is spent trying to make the change they want to see.
Action Civics?

That sounds like Campaign 101

I'm glad that didn't exist when I was in high school.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
This isn't true in Massachusetts. In fact, EVERY high school junior, as of this school year, will be required to do an action civics project. We built a whole course around the project at my school. The first half of the year is spent learning how to engage with the decision-makers in our communities to facilitate some sort of change, based on the kids' interests. The second half is spent trying to make the change they want to see.
Be nice to teach them a trade, Maybe how to balance a checkbook or how important credit is and how it affects their lives for years.

Not directed at you, just the entire shitty school systems across the nation

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL - Wednesday at 11 a.m.​

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Just went in EEI podcast of shows. Not one show talking about B’s. Just one Bergy retirement title. Unreal. One of the best teams in the us area and all they talk about is the Pats. WEEI is a shit hole and 98.5 just shuts in everything to get ratings. Can we get a decent radio station here in New England?

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Just went in EEI podcast of shows. Not one show talking about B’s. Just one Bergy retirement title. Unreal. One of the best teams in the us area and all they talk about is the Pats. WEEI is a shit hole and 98.5 just shuts in everything to get ratings. Can we get a decent radio station here in New England?
Both stations are complete shit

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
You will have to start with an ownership that is powerful enough to prop up a station and willing to do it. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Fenway say the Patriots accounted for 75% of 98.5's advertising revenue? ...Maybe that was CSNNE or whatever they call themselves this month.

Last edited:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
You will have to start with an ownership that is powerful enough to prop up a station and willing to do it. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Fenway say the Patriots accounted for 75% of 98.5's advertising revenue? ...Maybe that was CSNNE or whatever they call themselves this month.
So that’s the goal of Sports Talk? Another ownership pushing what they want?

Click!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1669670303451.png

ESPN recently announced it has signed an extension with the International Federation of Competitive Eating (IFOCE) on a new, multi-year deal to keep ESPN as the exclusive domestic partner for the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest through 2029.

“You can’t beat the spectacle that is the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest,” says John Suchenski, ESPN Director of Programming & Acquisitions. “It’s a sports calendar and Fourth of July staple, one of those classic, timeless events we know fans look forward to every year. It has had memorable moments over the years, and we’re ecstatic that many more will be on our platforms for the foreseeable future.”

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
View attachment 613995

ESPN recently announced it has signed an extension with the International Federation of Competitive Eating (IFOCE) on a new, multi-year deal to keep ESPN as the exclusive domestic partner for the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest through 2029.

“You can’t beat the spectacle that is the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest,” says John Suchenski, ESPN Director of Programming & Acquisitions. “It’s a sports calendar and Fourth of July staple, one of those classic, timeless events we know fans look forward to every year. It has had memorable moments over the years, and we’re ecstatic that many more will be on our platforms for the foreseeable future.”
I’ll take Kayem grilled dogs with mustard

• Haha
Reactions: Fenway

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Respect that he up and addressed it with facts.

Football is just a different level of coverage from the NBA and NHL for many reasons (season length, timing of games, scheduled media availability, etc.) Not to mention overall demand and ratings.

Reactions: Fenway

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
For some reason, I turned on Adam Jones after last night's game. Confirming that he is an absolute donkey.

- The Bruins were lucky to win last night
- Taylor Hall is a career underachieving slacker on his fifth team who is finally starting to play hard

I turned it off after that, all negative, just a total sham, mini-Felger DB.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
View attachment 613995

If they could just have found a word beginning with "R" to squeeze in between "OF" and "Competitive" they could have used the much more fitting acronym:

IFORCE

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL - Thursday at 4 p.m.​

Babajingo

Working from home today, have Zolak and Bertrand on in the background. All these clowns talk about is football. They really should call that station The Patriots Hub.

When the station started, they were great because they covered everything. Now they are just another EEI.

Said it before, thank god for podcasts.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Working from home today, have Zolak and Bertrand on in the background. All these clowns talk about is football. They really should call that station The Patriots Hub.

When the station started, they were great because they covered everything. Now they are just another EEI.

Said it before, thank god for podcasts.
Both midday shows are horrendous. Horrendous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad