OT: Official Sports Media Thread X: WEEI's owner is nearly broke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bob Lobel is a mentor of mine and a friend.

Spinal degeneration is an awful disease but he has fought it bravely. I can tell you he is more worried about Mike Lynch's recovery from a stroke than his own situation.

How good was Bob Lobel?

He used to do a sports highlights segment during the Carson show - these are hysterical

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

Spinal degeneration is an awful disease but he has fought it bravely. I can tell you he is more worried about Mike Lynch's recovery from a stroke than his own situation.

How good was Bob Lobel?

He used to do a sports highlights segment during the Carson show - these are hysterical

A Boston gem

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL - Thursday at 5 p.m.​

krog18

Oct 18, 2019
Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone know where is the best place (or really A place) to find full old game videos from the mid/late-90s? There are a couple on YouTube, but that is really all I've been able to locate to this point.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Boy, I thought Felger was the biggest dink in Boston air, Adam Jones has him beat. Yesterday Felger was on defense against Jones concerning the B’s. Wow.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Boy, I thought Felger was the biggest dink in Boston air, Adam Jones has him beat. Yesterday Felger was on defense against Jones concerning the B’s. Wow.
I grew up in Northern Vermont and most up there being so close to the Canadian border are Montreal fans. Jones grew up in Newport, Vermont which is 3 miles from the Canadian border so I will let everyone come to their own conclusions.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
It's amazing how WEEI keeps rearranging themselves every few years yet keep coming up short.

I adore Keefe but his goofiness is a better fit at night. Is he going to replace Mut?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It's amazing how WEEI keeps rearranging themselves every few years yet keep coming up short.

I adore Keefe but his goofiness is a better fit at night. Is he going to replace Mut?
Keene is MEH, the problem is Gresh. Both have bad mid day shows. Faria and Gresh with football for 4 hours. Even worse.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
WEEI is in desperate straights.

A Montreal media friend told me they have hired Chris Nilan and are looking at him for middays
:help:
I have a vague memory of Nilan co-hosting with Dale one day, and the entire show was de-railed by callers wanting to rip him for butt-ending Rick Middleton.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Adam Jones is an absolute horror show

Think we will bring in a Canadien in Boston. Guy hates Boston Bruins. That’ll work here……wtf. I won’t listen to that piece of shit.
Sorry, but I will believe this when it happens, nonsencial to do that. I'm going to say that this is nothing but a rumor.

Reactions: chizzler

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Adam Jones is an absolute horror show

Sorry, but I will believe this when it happens, nonsencial to do that. I'm going to say that this is nothing but a rumor.
Yah…. Doesn’t make sense.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
WEEI just rearranging the deck chairs on Titanic. Lou Merloni was probably the most compelling voice they had on the station. If you're saying goodbye to him that screams cost cutting.

It sounds like they're gonna roll with Arcand and Ottolini in afternoon drive? Good lord. Hope Lou lands on his feet and stays local.

How good was Bob Lobel?

Absolutely hilarious how fast those HS football scores went by

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Listening to Merloni on WEEI, he specifically mentions that he won't be doing the show anymore, but he could return to the station to broadcast Sox games.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
WEEI is in desperate straights.

A Montreal media friend told me they have hired Chris Nilan and are looking at him for middays
:help:
That would be awful.

Maybe Merloni can go to NESN and they can off Massarotti!

(A guy can dream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad