OT: Official Sports Media Thread X: WEEI's owner is nearly broke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
All downhill since Kirk was taken off the air.

Say what you will about the guy and Gerry, but that show was better than anything else they have thrown out there.

This is coming from someone who hates Gerry as well. Kirk is just a mad genuis.

Reactions: Si Hopkins

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Great piece.

“You become a lot more aware and mindful of how other people are doing,” Montgomery said. “I’m talking about someone, maybe they’re off, and they’re off because, well, maybe their dog passed away, their grandmother’s ill. And that’s where I think I’m a much more aware and much more in touch with how other people are doing.”

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I thought this was nice, the other day…
AB7A1324-2F8E-4A02-8E96-1B5C66B5462E.png

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Today is a good day to listen to the midday morons. They sound so defeated. It's great.
Guess its time to discuss the Pats 4th round pick for next year, instead of the first place Celtics and Bruins. Or an amazing World Cup game.
except Hardy is the one who brings the Revolution chatter since Arena is on each week.....

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
As a savant in hockey, baseball, and football- and solid on basketball blowing up 2-6 WEEI is bleeping done

It was legit good sports talk not trolling to low level fans in sports hub

Moronic

Finally have a show somewhat at my level of sport’s knowledge & humor and they kill it

I guess what I hear about Mike Thomas is true

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
As a savant in hockey, baseball, and football- and solid on basketball blowing up 2-6 WEEI is bleeping done

It was legit good sports talk not trolling to low level fans in sports hub

Moronic

Finally have a show somewhat at my level of sport’s knowledge & humor and they kill it

I guess what I hear about Mike Thomas is true

Just wait until they hire Adam Jones and the you’re going to be even madder.

2-6 sports talk in Boston is going to be a black hole of negativity

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Just wait until they hire Adam Jones and the you’re going to be even madder.

2-6 sports talk in Boston is going to be a black hole of negativity
I’m ready for Jones with a list of podcasts in football, hockey and baseball and a few other non sports

The only show on either station I could listen to was WEEI 2-6 because I’m a baseball guy anf Merloni is the only one who watches

98.5 is a train wreck if you aren’t into trolling (Felger & Jones) , roast beef sandwiches (Joe Murray), college football betting(Murray & Lipshatz) , mental health issues (Fred), pausing and dead air (Bertrand), music (Rich) and Football (Zo)

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I’m ready for Jones with a list of podcasts in football, hockey and baseball and a few other non sports

The only show on either station I could listen to was WEEI 2-6 because I’m a baseball guy anf Merloni is the only one who watches

98.5 is a train wreck if you aren’t into trolling (Felger & Jones) , roast beef sandwiches (Joe Murray), college football betting(Murray & Lipshatz) , mental health issues (Fred), pausing and dead air (Bertrand), music (Rich) and Football (Zo)
You left out Joe Murray bringing up Alice in Chains constantly

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
My daughter as a kid would find rocks and paint different color and face on them - Bertrand reminds me of them

I’ve mentioned to people how he pauses and so much dead space for whatever reason - effect? Nothing to add? And they will tell me later ‘you were so right on Bertrand it’s hilarious’

He knows as little about sports as I’ve heard - at least Joe Murray has been to my roast beef stomping grounds on the North Shore and I like it when he talks beef ; and what college teams make up the SEC so that’s pretty good

Maybe he knows soccer

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Felger is talented and entertaining but let’s be real

His wife works and has 2 under 18 daughters

Been there / impossible to watch games when you are at plays, sports, dance etc

Reactions: smithformeragent

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It's not realistic for these guys to watch every game from start to finish but they're not just making stuff up. Even if they just did show prep they are still talking about the relevant sports topics.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Footballl……..football………football. WEEI is hemorrhaging. That midday of Gresh and Fauria will be painful. There is no show that I look forward to listening now. 98.5 is just as bad. Toucher is out of it, Murray eats too many gummies and thinks he’s Felger. Forget the midday show. WTF. We are screwed.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
All downhill since Kirk was taken off the air.

Say what you will about the guy and Gerry, but that show was better than anything else they have thrown out there.

This is coming from someone who hates Gerry as well. Kirk is just a mad genuis.
Just a terrible take here. Kirk was awful. All about him all the time. Listening to that bullshit for 20 second made me want to drive into a brick wall.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Actually that is the timeline. You didn't like him, others did. That the show was rated #1 at times.
The key to what you said was “at times” meaning at other times it was poorly rated which is why he got the gate. Nobody lined up to give him another show on terrestrial radio either, which says everything you need to know.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The key to what you said was “at times” meaning at other times it was poorly rated which is why he got the gate. Nobody lined up to give him another show on terrestrial radio either, which says everything you need to know.
No, It would be second place when not first. It was not poorly rated. The show was in lock step with T&R and then management gave into Bob Murchison and rumors of Sam Kennedy complaining about him and they got rid of him. Then the ratings went down the toilet after when Callahan got stuck with Mutt who has the worst takes ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad