OT: Official Sports Media Thread X: WEEI's owner is nearly broke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I miss Damon Amendolara.

The original 2009-2011 lineup of 98.5 was the best and they haven't come close to matching it since.

It was a lot funnier and less trolly and full of itself back then.

Goucher goes to the movies was one of the funniest bits of radio I’ve ever heard.

• Love
Reactions: smithformeragent

MyNameIsJonas

Oct 27, 2022
The sticks
Keefe should have gotten the job over Adam Jones..

Truth! What’s funny is now they’ll be up against each other. I’ll check out the Keefe night show for sure.

Big Flynn fan. Was wondering what happened to him. Hopefully he’ll be back in the off-season for those lazy weekend fill-in slots

Reactions: Alicat

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Truth! What’s funny is now they’ll be up against each other. I’ll check out the Keefe night show for sure.

Big Flynn fan. Was wondering what happened to him. Hopefully he’ll be back in the off-season for those lazy weekend fill-in slots

Jones is going to host afternoons on EEI. They haven’t announced it yet because he’s still under contract probably.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Jones is going to host afternoons on EEI. They haven’t announced it yet because he’s still under contract probably.
He’s got small children needs a normal life and hours - has talent will likely cut back trolling

Mego Arcand & Jones definitely has a chance

Zo hanging up soon and Ted Johnson will likely get gig / Bertrand is pathetic 0.0 sports knowledge

To

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
Adam Jones to WEEI looks like it’s a done deal.

Yikes, remarkable how he's managed to fail upwards. I guess WEEI hopes bringing in the cheap knock off version of Felger is the solution to their woes.

I don't listen to him much as he is an insufferable twat, but a few weeks ago I heard Jones whining about both the Bruins and Celtics winning the night before so he doesn't get to rub it in the fans faces that they're overrated. He is so happy when the local teams are doing poorly.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
98.5 will start an overnight local show in January - He's back

Beasley offered it to an old familiar voice but he wanted to stay in Ft Myers

Oddly the station has the WBCN calls

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Congratulations are in order.

Conor Ryan is moving on from Boston Sports Journal to Boston.com

You can still check Conor & Evan Marinofsky their Bruins Beat and Poke the Bear podcasts,

Reactions: Curls13

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Derek Forbort was on spittin chiclets today if anyone is interested.

Biz tries way too hard in this one though because they used to play together.

Reactions: sooshii

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Apparently DJ Bean is out at Nbc sports Boston.

Been following him since he was on the Bruins beat at WEEI. Ever since though he has sort of fallen off with following the Bruins it feels like.

And the trolling of the Patriots and Mac Jones in particular recently has gotten very old. I’m wondering if that’s what did him in.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Well, Good news for green teamers. Arcand and Jones LOVE talking basketball together.
One thing I thought was odd was Jones never really went to bat for Arcand when he got let go. Everyone seems to hate Jones for the same reason they hate Felger but there's a reason Felger is the king of Boston sports radio. He knows what he's doing.

98.5 will start an overnight local show in January - He's back

Beasley offered it to an old familiar voice but he wanted to stay in Ft Myers

Oddly the station has the WBCN calls

In reading the posts leading up to this one I was going to say that I missed Planet Mikey and his email females. Maybe Lucy Burdge can team up with him again. Still hilarious that Mike Adams hates Mut to this day. Those guys never fit. Where is monotone Jon Ryder now?

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Apparently DJ Bean is out at Nbc sports Boston.

Been following him since he was on the Bruins beat at WEEI. Ever since though he has sort of fallen off with following the Bruins it feels like.

And the trolling of the Patriots and Mac Jones in particular recently has gotten very old. I’m wondering if that’s what did him in.
Too bad, I liked him. He was honest and came up with some good insights.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Too bad, I liked him. He was honest and came up with some good insights.

Very talented and creative as well. Really my only complaint was the schtick he developed recently. And he sure knew how to drive a joke into the ground.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I always wonder what guys like Matt McCarthy and DJ Bean etc do for work outside their part time media duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad