OT: Official Sports Media Thread X: WEEI's owner is nearly broke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
I've been surprised at how absolutely easy it has been to have a WEEI-free experience in the car. Once you stop tuning in, you realize you're not missing a damn thing.
Actually, I tuned in today for about a minute and the midday guys were debating whether Odell Beckham would play in New England. Are there actual people who want to listen to that discussion?

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
Actually, I tuned in today for about a minute and the midday guys were debating whether Odell Beckham would play in New England. Are there actual people who want to listen to that discussion?
It’s insane right now. You have the favorite to win a championship in hockey AND basketball and all the stations want to talk about is the Patriots. At least F&M talked Bs the fist hour but I’m all set with Jim Murray’s take of how the Bs will blow it. It’s god awful.

Reactions: Si Hopkins

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just what Boston needs...another local news show

Boston Globe Media and NESN on Thursday announced the launch of “Boston Globe Today,” a \jointly produced, in-depth news and sports program debuting across multiple platforms in spring 2023. The half-hour show will air Monday through Friday at 5 p.m. ET on NESN and will stream on the NESN 360 app, the Globe’s app, and on globe.com.

“Boston Globe Today” will provide an in-depth perspective on stories from the Globe’s newsroom, offering a deeper dive of major news, politics, business, and entertainment stories and how they impact New Englanders.

“We are continuously improving the ways that we deliver vital news and information to our community, and are excited to build a television show that will bring the Globe’s award-winning journalism to a broader audience,” said Linda Henry, Boston Globe Media CEO. “‘Boston Globe Today’ reflects our commitment to serve our community, invest in local journalism, and for Boston Globe Media to be an innovative news leader.”

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This passes for sportsradio in Seattle

Salk300.jpg

Listen to Mike Salk weekdays 6am - 10am on Seattle Sports​

Last edited:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Salk300.jpg

Dear God

Reactions: Fenway

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I had to turn F&M off yesterday after 5 minutes.

I legitimately wanted to hear their thoughts on the baseball rule changes. However, they started by bitching about the pitch clock not being displayed on screen at all times.

Had they watched any of the games, they would have heard the (multiple) explanations as to why, and how it would be fixed in time for the regular season.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'm convinced those mid-day morons couldn't spell hockey (or basketball). I love how football goons use terms like Pick6 or Cover4 or whatever to make it sound like they are smart.
I got to tell you, both mid day shows are a travesty compared to what they were. If it’s not football, they don’t know crap nor do they follow anything else. I could go on to individual criticism but what’s the point. It’s a black hole in coverage.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

Salk300.jpg

Shocked that Haggs was available . . .

• Haha
Reactions: jgatie

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
With everything going on in town, they’re seriously talking Mac Jones…
Not only that but saw this gem earlier and just heard Felger and Mazz say the B’s are good but not great.

I really hope the Bruins pull the team off 98.5. This has gone into full on dismissive territory.

Reactions: sarge88

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Not only that but saw this gem earlier and just heard Felger and Mazz say the B’s are good but not great.

I really hope the Bruins pull the team off 98.5. This has gone into full on dismissive territory.

They were talking in context of in comparison to the 76-77 Habs team that the current Bruins roster isn't THAT good.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The obsession they have with the 76-77 Habs is f***ing obnoxious
LIKELY because no team has ever come close to that standard.... ESPN has been projecting that the last month in both wins/points.... which stands at 64/136..... both are NHL Records..... at present time.... after 2 7 game win streaks and the present 8 gm streak the team is currently on

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad