OT: Official Sports Media Thread X: WEEI's owner is nearly broke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Babajingo

It’s a horrific presentation, you aren’t missing out.

I have espn plus because it’s what replaced gamecenter so I can watch all the out of market games. It’s actually cheaper than Gamecenter was and works the same. The espn plus exclusive broadcasts are awful though.
The ESPN broadcast is crap. The pregame and between periods stuff is so meaningless. It's either an Ovi or Sid fluff piece or some strange thing about lasagna or something. It's a long way from Tom Mees, Clement and Kelly (I think I got the names right. been a long time)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm listening to Jaffe's segment on T&R from this morning and came to post the same thing, what the hell is with Fred's voice? He sounds like he chain smoked a carton of cigarettes after getting a tonsillectomy.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
How much longer does Toucher have left? The guy can barely speak at this point.
It is awful!

He should have been fired a long time ago. Not only does he block any Bruins talk outside of Jaffe's weekly spot, his voice is horrible and he continues to whine about Nick not contacting him after his wife just gave birth. He's insufferable and completely ruins the show

Reactions: smithformeragent

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It is awful!

He should have been fired a long time ago. Not only does he block any Bruins talk outside of Jaffe's weekly spot, his voice is horrible and he continues to whine about Nick not contacting him after his wife just gave birth. He's insufferable and completely ruins the show
He should've been fired back when he had that on-air meltdown after his wife left him

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Well 98.5 is no better with Felger saying they must trade Swayman and then he took a call where some moron said if Vladar was here he'd be in the running for the Vezina b/c it is the team in front and not the goalie.

Can we just get competent hosts who know how to discuss hockey without the horrendous takes?

Reactions: sarge88

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Well 98.5 is no better with Felger saying they must trade Swayman and then he took a call where some moron said if Vladar was here he'd be in the running for the Vezina b/c it is the team in front and not the goalie.

Can we just get competent hosts who know how to discuss hockey without the horrendous takes?
Amazing how the pendulum swings.

I remember ten plus years ago reading a post like this.

Just replace 98.5 with WEEI and Felger with Ordway.

Reactions: sarge88

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Hahaha! Felger is brilliant.

• Haha
Reactions: Alicat

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Hahaha! Felger is brilliant.
We all knew Jones schtick. This is where sports radio is. I do t take anything seriously because is all for ratings and clicks. He’s going after Felger with the negativity. Should be dreary…….:laugh:

Reactions: LSCII

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Trying to go through this thread to find the answer but I’m listening to 98.5 and Mazz is making an apology and sounds like he’s almost in tears. What did he say?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad