OT: Official Sports Media Thread X: WEEI's owner is nearly broke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Think of how lazy you can be to let gambling be a loss for the house

Bostonzamboni

Jan 26, 2019
I do believe that today is the day Adam Jones starts at WEEI? Is it called Mego and Arcand with Adam Jones?

2 pm to 6 pm, right?

Wlll he be able and/or willing to talk hockey when necessary (in the playoffs) better than Arcand and Mego?.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I do believe that today is the day Adam Jones starts at WEEI? Is it called Mego and Arcand with Adam Jones?

2 pm to 6 pm, right?

Wlll he be able and/or willing to talk hockey when necessary (in the playoffs) better than Arcand and Mego?.

I’d rather my ears be chopped off than listen to this slug talk anything, Boston sports.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
They are actually calling it 'The Dark Knight rises' on the ads this morning. More like 'Dark Nerd'. How do you make a show worse than it was, hire Adam Jones.

Did Adam give himself that nickname? Lolol

Hit the nail on the head though. He sucks. Predictable troll who doesn’t have enough knowledge in the sports he’s supposed to talk about so he picks easy topics that’ll fire up the dumb ones of each fan base.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

I don't get this. Why is Marchand getting involved?

They are actually calling it 'The Dark Knight rises' on the ads this morning. More like 'Dark Nerd'. How do you make a show worse than it was, hire Adam Jones.
I mean I don't think there's any chance he'll do worse than what they had. Probably won't challenge Felger and Mazz but will still see an uptick. I keep saying this but the guy who put Felger and Mazz together is now running WEEI. I personally don't think Mego and Arcand get it done though. They need a stronger #2 with Jones. People can hate Jones but he's unquestionably a good host.

Reactions: sarge88

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The four way split of ESPN plus, Turner, Nhl network and ESPN leaves potential viewers continually fishing for games. Poor covarage, with mediocre play by play and analysis on ESPN plus also hurts. Worse yet, I think Apple or Amazon will hone in soon and make the situation worse.
People aren’t going to pay extra to watch a game during the week. ESPN plus? I’m not paying to watch the B’s on there. I’m sure this is a factor as well.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Is there any subscriber data for NESN plus? Just curious because I really want it to fail, $360 dollars a year for NESN is a joke. Would be interested to see the Bruins TV numbers during this historic year too. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were down.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Is there any subscriber data for NESN plus? Just curious because I really want it to fail, $360 dollars a year for NESN is a joke. Would be interested to see the Bruins TV numbers during this historic year too. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were down.
why NESN + is the auxiliary network all Bruins games are shown delayed at least twice in compact form once usually after the live broadcast....and once the next day..... never mind the Classic "on this Day"

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
When the Bruins have been on ESPN +, I haven’t watched. Sorry, not sorry.

It’s a horrific presentation, you aren’t missing out.

I have espn plus because it’s what replaced gamecenter so I can watch all the out of market games. It’s actually cheaper than Gamecenter was and works the same. The espn plus exclusive broadcasts are awful though.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
So glad Ty is ok! One of the best Bruins media guys and does a fantastic job on the Hockey Show.

Get Well Soon Ty!!

Reactions: sooshii

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Such a good guy - all the best

His sense of humor and attitude will carry the day

That line about ghost was so Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events