*OFFICIAL* Moncton Wildcats 2013-2014 Thread

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
They'll also have a 20 year old trio of Dubeau , Lalonde and Penny.
Lalonde is leading the team in goals , Penny plays a sound two-way game and can chip in offensively and Dubeau has found some consistency and has been playing great. Simpson is having a strong rookie season and Tkachev is still a possibility. Apprently Moncton has secured his rights from Omsk by way of a loan. I'm not saying it's going to be easy and I'd rather sell to rebuild properly but we won't be a dead last team by any means.

Victoriavile sent back our 1st round Euro selection and our 2nd 2015. The top 10 pick (maybe top5) is going to hurt but that's the cost of business.

Agreed - but it's time to start paying the price, and rebuild !!

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Moncton acquired Yan Dumontier from Bathurst in exchange for a 12th round pick 2015.

He's a 19 year old defenseman that plays a simple and sound game.

He's coming in to relieve the Cats who's injuries are starting to pile up.

I personally would have preferred us picking up a younger player (even a 95' born) or call up one of our prospects like Shawn Morgan or Tanner McCabe to let them develop...

This is off the Cats' site..

"Moncton, NB – The Moncton Wildcats have traded for Defenseman Yan Dumontier, former Val D’Or, Shawinigan and presently on the protected list of the Acadie-Bathurst Titan.

The 6’1, 200 Ibs right shot Defenseman presently plays for St. Jerome, host of the Fred Page Cup, in the Quebec Jr. ‘AAA’ league. This trade with the Acadie-Bathurst Titan is in exchange for a 12th round pick in 2015.

Roger Shannon, Director of Hockey Operations for the Moncton Wildcats said, “Yan will provide us a steady D man in Quebec when needed, and will be available to us as an Affiliate player only, it is a trade we made to bring some much needed depth to our Defense Corp. We look forward to seeing him join our team for a few games soon.”

Last edited:

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
It was announced on News919 that the Wildcats have withdrawn their bid to host next year's Memorial Cup due to the CHL arena requirements...

I'm happy in the sense we can now focus on the future and rebuild properly.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
The Wildcats have brought in goaltender Bobby Palzer from New England. No commitments as of yet , just want to have a look. He attended Rimouski's training camp and played in exhibition action.

www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?s...=152662&team=&year=&status=&leagueid=&season=

Better off with Hunt. This kid played 30 minutes total with Rimouski at .800 save %, cut by Youngstown Phantoms without playing (US Tier 1), played 160 minutes total at New Jersey Hitmen, Tier 3 US, must have a good agent.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Better off with Hunt. This kid played 30 minutes total with Rimouski at .800 save %, cut by Youngstown Phantoms without playing (US Tier 1), played 160 minutes total at New Jersey Hitmen, Tier 3 US, must have a good agent.

Hunt isn't cutting it so he's worth a look. Sometimes goalies find success with a change of scenery regardless of the level. Free agent goaltenders have always been a strength for Moncton , at least their looking and not standing pat.

Last edited:

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
I would think Quebec would have more $$ going around city council than the city of Moncton.

Irving sure sounded pissed about the city not accepting to install A/C in the building.
I personally think it was all a play by irving to get the city to move with a new arena. He wanted to show the city they will be losing out on events without a new arena.

Irving should just put the money up and build the arena. He will want full control of it like he has the coliseum anyway :)

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Nice to see Lucas Batt in Moncton's lineup against Gatineau. He should have made the team out of camp imo.

In other news , per today's T&T , Darren Rumble says he's happy with Haas on defense and they plan to keep him there.

I kind of like the move considering we're a little light in that department and with the Emond (possibly season ending) injury. It also gives Josh Pugsley , Mathieu Olivier and Liam Hynes more icetime. It would be a bigger plus if it means Lucas Batt will be staying up.

Edit: It's official. Batt will remain with the team. Very wise move by Flynn/Rumble.

Last edited:

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Prospect update via Billy Bedlam and Jimmy on :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:....

16 y/o William Bower has 10 pts in 10 GP for Woodstock
Kyle Tibbo has 5 pts in 6 games with Truro
Alex Bradley has 3 pts in 7 GP with Summerside
19 y/o d-man Nate O'Brien has 2 pts in 9 GP with Woodstock. Former Cat Brayden Wood (19 y/o) has 11 pts in 10 GP with Miramichi to lead all d-men in scoring.
Michael Poirier has 3 pts in 7 GP with Dieppe.

Lane Cormier plays with Weeks MAAA 2 GP 0-0-0
Alexandre Jacob 2GP - 5g - 2a - 7pts
Shawn Morgan is playing Quebec Jr.AAA, no stats yet
Jonathan MacLeod is playing for the US U18 team 1 GP 1-1-2
Jamie Dorsey is at Mount Hebron Prep No stats yet
Brad Power is 1-3-4 in 4 games with Summerside MJHL
Alexander Mann is at Milton Academy Prep no stats yet
Zach Beaudoin is playing Collegiate at College Lionel-Groulx
Matt Gray is with Saint john MAAA 3 GP 2-3-5
Anthont Florentino is playing for Providence College

Bower is having a very respectable season in Woodstock. Was named rookie of the month if I recall correctly.

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
I heard this on the radio broadcast of the wildcats game, and It kinda surprised me because it feels like it was so long ago - the last time Moncton had a first round pick it was Brandon Shea! (2010)

It just feels like so long ago!!!

The last time Moncton had a first round pick and became a useful player for the wildcats?? 2008 - Brandon gormley
I'm not pointing that out to be critical. I was just surprised how long ago that was.
A couple of runs at league championships dulls the pain of not having home grown talent I imagine!

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I heard this on the radio broadcast of the wildcats game, and It kinda surprised me because it feels like it was so long ago - the last time Moncton had a first round pick it was Brandon Shea! (2010)

It just feels like so long ago!!!

The last time Moncton had a first round pick and became a useful player for the wildcats?? 2008 - Brandon gormley
I'm not pointing that out to be critical. I was just surprised how long ago that was.
A couple of runs at league championships dulls the pain of not having home grown talent I imagine!

It's pretty sad but at least we got the President's Cup in 2010 which was the reason why we traded a couple of those 1st rounders. You have to pay to win.

No excuse for 2012 and 2013 though. We shouldn't have trade for Danault.

Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that Moncton's scouting staff had an overhaul last season. Peter Nevin was relieved of his duties.

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
It's pretty sad but at least we got the President's Cup in 2010 which was the reason why we traded a couple of those 1st rounders. You have to pay to win.

No excuse for 2012 and 2013 though. We shouldn't have trade for Danault.

Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that Moncton's scouting staff had an overhaul last season. Peter Nevin was relieved of his duties.

i hear you!
I was just shocked that it was that long ago - 2008. You are right about paying. It's impossible to do it without some sort of cost.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Big 6-1 win for the Wildcats tonight over Rimouski.

They came out and meant business. 4-0 after the first period.

Alex Dubeau was huge tonight , stopping 37 of 38 shots. He earned the game's first star.

Hopefully the boys can build off this win and keep it going.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Big 6-1 win for the Wildcats tonight over Rimouski.

They came out and meant business. 4-0 after the first period.

Alex Dubeau was huge tonight , stopping 37 of 38 shots. He earned the game's first star.

Hopefully the boys can build off this win and keep it going.

According to the boxscore, Moncton only dressed 5 D, is that right?

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Thanks. Imagine how good Dubeau would be if he ever got a rest? Is there another plan in the works? Unfortunately it doesn't look like Hunt is ready yet for this level. Doiron looks like a good signing of a young prospect.

I liked Alex Kelly in training camp. He was our best goaltender in camp. I wish they'd give him a few games to see what he can bring.

Doiron is a free agent with respectable numbers , there's never anything wrong with adding more depth and competition. I'm not sure if they have him penciled in for after Christmas or next season being already 17 years old.

Rolie

Sep 11, 2007
Dortmund
Sorry this is off topic. I will soon be moving from Ottawa to Moncton. Does anyone know if I can watch Senators games on Game centre live without blackouts?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $700.00