*OFFICIAL* Moncton Wildcats 2013-2014 Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Seems like you guys have lots of young high end players this year, how many of these guys could and will be drafted this year?

And how long untill this team is back to being a contender?

A lot of our high end players are small. They'll no doubt be very successful QMJHL players but don't have a lot of pro potential. Barbashev will definitely be drafted and possible even in the top-10. Tkachev is the only other first time eligible player at the moment. You never know , Jacob Sweeney could get drafted this time around if he has a good year. We won't be among contenders until 2015-2016 or 2016-17. They're going to build around 96' and 97' born players.

BizNasty21

Jul 11, 2013
Ryan Kennedy ‏@THNRyanKennedy
Moncton Wildcats say they should know in a week or so whether Vladimir Tkachev is coming over or staying in Russia with Omsk.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Dubeau-Hunt

Emond(OA)-Yarwood
Sweeney-Johnston
Holwell - White/McCabe

Lalonde-Barbashev-Garland
Penny-Johnson-Hynes
Caissy(OA)-Simpson-Batt
Haas-Pugsley-Smith
Olivier-Halabi-Drover

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Ryan Penny named team captain.

Congrats to him ! Great move if you ask me , he would have been my choice. Hard worker, dedicated and just a good example/role model for a young team.

I'm not sure who the assistants are but I'd assume it'll be out of Emond,Lalonde,Caissy,Sweeney or Haas..

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Lucas Batt has been cut. Big mistake, he's a very solid young player. Rumour has it that he clashed with newly appointed head coach Darren Rumble. That would be the only reason I can see because he's certainly better than several players on this team that older than he is. He was a solid two-way player that finished checks and took care of things in all three zones. He was a strong forechecker and usually the first one back to help the defense. He could also grind it out , fight and brought a lot of energy. Not to mention he can chip in offensively. I don't understand how he played last season as a 16 year old on a contending team and doesn't even have a roster spot on a bottom feeder rebuilding team. Seems to be all the things the new coach has been preaching...

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012
Lucas Batt has been cut. Big mistake, he's a very solid young player. Rumour has it that he clashed with newly appointed head coach Darren Rumble. That would be the only reason I can see because he's certainly better than several players on this team that older than he is. He was a solid two-way player that finished checks and took care of things in all three zones. He was a strong forechecker and usually the first one back to help the defense. He could also grind it out , fight and brought a lot of energy. Not to mention he can chip in offensively. I don't understand how he played last season as a 16 year old on a contending team and doesn't even have a roster spot on a bottom feeder rebuilding team. Seems to be all the things the new coach has been preaching...

Where will he play this year

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Big win for Moncton tonight , they defeated Halifax 4-0.

Dubeau was rock solid in net and got the shutout.

Drover had a couple which is fairly surprising. Barbashev had a good game with one goal and one helper.

Those three players got all the stars of the game.

Good start , let's keep it up!

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Still nothing on Tkachev?

Flynn has touched base with his agent for an update and is expected to hear back from him this week. One good sign is that his visa application has been re-sent. His agent was quoted saying that it's KHL or Moncton. Tkachev was just demoted from the KHL but he'll need to be loaned by Avangard if he wants to join the Cats since he's under contract with them.

I'm not sure what the odds are but if they were serious about earlier comments made , he should be headed to Moncton.

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Seems so. His biggest challenge with consistency is his confidence. I was hoping the shutout against Halifax in the season opener would give him a strong start. It's still early.

that lack of consistency has been and will always be what holds him back.
It will also be what will limit any chance the wildcats have at trading him at christmas. Best case scenario they could move him like Chicoutimi moved Desrosiers last year if some team wants him for insurance.

NEhockeycoach

Sep 9, 2012
A nice 1-1 start for the Cats.

How was the loss. I heard it was a blown 3rd period lead. Never a good thing, but a 2 period lead can sometimes be something to build on.

How was the overall team effort?

BizNasty21

Jul 11, 2013
A nice 1-1 start for the Cats.

How was the loss. I heard it was a blown 3rd period lead. Never a good thing, but a 2 period lead can sometimes be something to build on.

How was the overall team effort?

the were down 1-0 for the majority of the game unitil the last minute in the 2nd period. In the 3rd Moncton came up 3-2 until a few weak goals were aloud on Dubeau and the whole team stopped playing.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Rich Nairn, Phoenix's VP of communications, confirms the Latendresse release and 2 more cuts

#Coyotes have assigned D Mathieu Brodeur & James Melindy to Portland.F Guillaume Latendresse has been released from his NHL Tryout Agreement

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
There's been no official announcement but the Wildcats have added Jody Mitchell to their coaching staff. He'll serve the team as an assistant , the same position he had with the Dieppe Commandos last season. Damphousse was likely the connection here. I hear it's a part time position and he'll focus his time on the video aspect.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
that lack of consistency has been and will always be what holds him back.
It will also be what will limit any chance the wildcats have at trading him at christmas. Best case scenario they could move him like Chicoutimi moved Desrosiers last year if some team wants him for insurance.

They loved him in Shawinigan. My guess is Shawinigan offers Moncton, Cupper for Dubeau and a young player/draft pick. They're going nowhere any way and Cupper has to be sick of it. Shawinigan can't go with Phaneuf as 3 goals on 5 shots showed the other night. But they would likely take Dubeau back maybe even for his 20e year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad