Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Bahahaha. We don’t need to trade Miller to you or at all, he’s 28 :laugh:
You’re the delusional one bud, you NEED someone of a JT Miller caliber player to win the cup. We don’t need futures from you thanks though

Bruh the Rangers are currently third in the NHL and they've beaten FLA, tampa twice, TOR and other alleged contenders. They don't need JT Miller to win anything; he's a nicety and I'd love to have him for sure. But to think the conversation starts with Schneider is delusional. The Rangers are in no rush to contend; their window has only just cracked open.

The only thing that's a fact is the Canucks aren't making the playoffs and Miller does nothing for them except lower their draft position

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Rangers certainly have the means and motivation to trade for JT, but i dont think they are willing to lose Strome in the offseason to actually pull the trigger

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
The main piece for any trade involving Miller should be a blue chip prospect coming back that addresses a need. Not a late 1st round pick. PPG players who can play all forward positions with a 52% faceoff win rate do not grow on trees.

Reactions: bh53 and Zanon

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Funny how some teams have core players in the middle of their prime, but fans don't want to give up a prospect that's years away from being an impact player. Do they not understand that by the time the prospect is able to contribute, their current core players may be out of their prime by then? Haha.

Anyway, real contenders like Tampa Bay & Vegas tend to go all-in, so I'd be curious if the Canucks get a serious offer from either team.

Yeah man that would be hilarious if what you said was actually true. Unfortunately its not so you're the one who looks funny.

Canucks fans in this thread seem to think they're going to get a piece like Perfetti, Jarvis, Newhook, Necas, etc. Guys that are actually in the NHL right now, and contributing to team success while doing so for under 1M a year.

There's no chance any of those teams are giving up players of that caliber for 1.5 years of Miller. Just not happening.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Yeah man that would be hilarious if what you said was actually true. Unfortunately its not so you're the one who looks funny.

Canucks fans in this thread seem to think they're going to get a piece like Perfetti, Jarvis, Newhook, Necas, etc. Guys that are actually in the NHL right now, and contributing to team success while doing so for under 1M a year.

There's no chance any of those teams are giving up players of that caliber for 1.5 years of Miller. Just not happening.

Except many of the "asks" from Van fans are not "prospects that are years away". I've seen Schneider, Jarvis, Necas, Newhook, Perfetti, etc.. Those are guys already in the NHL (Schneider and Perfetti less so).

While I agree with your general premise, the "asks" aren't guys "years away".

Have they played NHL games? Yes.

Are they in their prime this year? No.
Will they be in their prime next year? Likely No.

Compare JT Miller's stats to those you listed. There's a difference from just starting an NHL career, and being in your prime.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Bruh the Rangers are currently third in the NHL and they've beaten FLA, tampa twice, TOR and other alleged contenders. They don't need JT Miller to win anything; he's a nicety and I'd love to have him for sure. But to think the conversation starts with Schneider is delusional. The Rangers are in no rush to contend; their window has only just cracked open.

The only thing that's a fact is the Canucks aren't making the playoffs and Miller does nothing for them except lower their draft position
Uhhh playoff experience is a thing, remember Tampa getting bounced after finishing 1st?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
As I stated in the other thread--all these "reports" are coming from either Canuck reporters or reporters that have a history with Rutherford...my question is--Is Vancouver trying to create the market and if so why? They are firing on all wheels and not seems an interesting time to ship out someone who is supposed to be a key cog
Except none of these teams have denounced the rumours.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

The only thing that's delusional is thinking that the Canucks couldn't get a Braden Schneider type of prospect in a package for Miller.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

There are numerous Canucks fans saying that a prospect like that isn't a requirement, keep spewing nonsense though.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Easier to say that after. Cody was highly regard by the fans in Vancouver, they would have called for the head of the GM!
That's the point though, if you're trying to win the Stanley Cup, you have to be willing to be bold when the moment calls for it.

I'm not talking about a mediocre team like Dallas going 'all in' and trading a bunch of futures. But if you're a top 5 in the league, at some point it's time to take the risk.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
The main piece for any trade involving Miller should be a blue chip prospect coming back that addresses a need. Not a late 1st round pick. PPG players who can play all forward positions with a 52% faceoff win rate do not grow on trees.
Again, in his 10 years in the league, Miller has finished with at or above 1 PPG once.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If Jet will give up Cole Perfetti in return plus a 1st, definitely Canucks should do the deal.

The rumour about the Jets is old (people seem to ignore that fact), from the beginning of the season, lots of things have changed since then with both teams, most importantly is PLD & Mark are playing like 1A & 1B centres so no need for JT.

Plus no cap space. Plus the Jets aren’t a JT away from being a contender. Plus in the Jets entire 2.0 history they’ve never traded away a high end prospect b/c they are a draft & develop franchise. Plus the Jets are too far out of a playoff spot at this stage to give up a blue chip prospect (plus a 1st rd pick) for a 1.5 year term contract. Plus other teams who are real contenders would far out bid anything the Jets would offer.

Jets aren’t trading Cole & 1st rd pick for JT, bc of all the reasons above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad