Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
No, but they're the team that has the most available capital for your return. Miller doesn't have enough term to net you Schneider, who the Rangers traded up in the draft to get. If Miller had another year or two on his deal I could see it as an option

There’s lots of teams that have 1st round picks available and Lundkvist doesn’t exactly fill a need being another small defenseman. It’s not like you’ve made some amazing offer here. And you’ve asked for a PPG forward for $2.7M.

dman34

May 6, 2011
Delusional

The Rangers don't NEED JT Miller. You NEED draft picks and prospects to retool. Understand the difference

That's fine then because that offer will easily be trumped by another team, especially if the Canucks retain $. Lundqvist is not the type of D that the Canucks would want back as the main piece. The 1st is a late 1st.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Delusional

The Rangers don't NEED JT Miller. You NEED draft picks and prospects to retool. Understand the difference

We also don't NEED to trade our best player...
We're just telling you as Canucks fans that a trade revolving around Lundkvist is not really a fit.

We do need RHD, but more specifically one with size who can defend. Not a smallish OFD.
Essentially, if we could morph Myers, Poolman, Hamonic, and Schenn into one dude...

Schneider is definitely overrated. He's a big strapping kid with a bright future, but we're only fawning over him because he fits our team needs to a tee.
JT Miller is a far more impactful player, and is ready to go Beast Mode in the playoffs. Pay up.

Reactions: bh53

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
rangers shuold have no interest in him. they're pretenders this year and he isn't changing that. they need a longer term fix at center.

if they wanna talk pettersson okay, if not hang up on rutherford if you're drury

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Which teams have a ton of young pieces that are a contender?
Carolina , Rangers , Avs ,Panthers .
Not saying they would need JT but they technically are contenders with assets that could be used.

Is it for sure a contender that he goes to?
My Devils need a player of this type . Only way that it makes sense though is if he resigns for sure. No point giving up assets for 2 years while the Devils are still going to be crappy for at least one more year.
It gives the Devils some actual veteran presence and someone that can actually score on the PP and knows how to PK .

would any combination of this work?
2022 1st (top 2 protected )
Mercer
Holtz
Ty Smith
Severson
Bahl
Foote
Zacha
Okhotyuk
Boqvist

Mercer would be the last one I’d want to trade but I’m guessing him or Holtz would be a must included in a deal.
Mercer Smith and a 2nd ?

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i am interested in the dynamic of seravelli putting miller so strongly in play and now signalling the source is the player. the statement miller is open to the move suggests to me miller is the one putting himself in play here.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
To be honest I like miller and I get that the Bruins could use him, but I would much rather see them put more of an effort at going after Crouse and Chychrun ..............just saying would be more beneficial
What are the Bruins trading for Chych and Crouse? I don't see anyway that happens. Chychrun's ask was the equivalent of a roster player and 3 x 1sts and Crouse is probably another 1st. What are the Bruins assets for this type of deal?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Uh yeah like a couple others have pointed out, some interesting reading comprehension here lol.

I’ll have to get around to listening to the actual audio for the context, but it was weird that there was a discussion of what Miller’s intentions are. That’s what struck me. He has no trade protection at all. Vancouver is in total control of the situation. Did he make a soft (unofficial) trade request? Is that the real reason why the talk has started to heat up?

I was expecting something more akin to that they’re taking calls, but the cost would be very high. That’s the standard line in circumstances like this.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
disagree. 2 pieces if a better prospect, 3 if not. its a 2 year rental not 1 year. Coleman got foote and a 1st as a 2 year rental and he isnt the player miller is.
If we retain 50% on Miller then yes minimum is high end prospect + 1st + small add or 3 1sts value + small add. If we arent retaining on Miller, the main reason Coleman returned 2 late 1sts is the extra year and that its only 1.8M which makes it extremely easy to fit on a cap strapped team. 2 1sts + 2nd value is the minimum for Miller at full salary. I'd expect these teams would have to send salary back in the form of a roster player like Compher for the Avs, Lindgren from NYR, Demelo from WPG that could be flipped for an additional 3rd round pick.

Mark Stone returned a high end prospect + 2nd. Stone was a UFA to be but thats 2 1sts + 2nd value. i'd say Miller at full salary for 1.5 years is about as valuable as Mark Stone for 0.5 years. Miller might get a little more due to the term.

Lets say Canucks were the powerhouse contender. Would you trade Podkolzin + 1st + Hamonic for a JT Miller at 5.25M for 1.5 years? Probably not. We'd be offering 1st + Rathbone/Klimovich + 2nd +

Last edited:

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Grady Sas
@GradySas
·
51m
Based on yesterday’s conversation with Dreger, who talks with Jim Rutherford, don’t expect the #Canucks to make an earth-shattering move this season (JT Miller).

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
i am interested in the dynamic of seravelli putting miller so strongly in play and now signalling the source is the player. the statement miller is open to the move suggests to me miller is the one putting himself in play here.

I highly doubt Miller ever intended to re-sign here, so figures he'd like to go to a true contender before hitting paydirt on July 1st 2023.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
That's fine then because that offer will easily be trumped by another team, especially if the Canucks retain $. Lundqvist is not the type of D that the Canucks would want back as the main piece. The 1st is a late 1st.

What other team?

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Most of JT'S offense comes from the PP. Who is JT replacing on PP1 ? 10-93-20-16? maybe but to me its a wash...JT is very good but we do not have any room for his stats.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
What are the Bruins trading for Chych and Crouse? I don't see anyway that happens. Chychrun's ask was the equivalent of a roster player and 3 x 1sts and Crouse is probably another 1st. What are the Bruins assets for this type of deal?
where do you get he is worth 3 firsts.............

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I’ll have to get around to listening to the actual audio for the context, but it was weird that there was a discussion of what Miller’s intentions are. That’s what struck me. He has no trade protection at all. Vancouver is in total control of the situation. Did he make a soft (unofficial) trade request? Is that the real reason why the talk has started to heat up?

More likely the Canucks have contacted him about possibly re-tooling and asked him if he wants to be here long term. He’s an UFA after next season and the Canucks aren’t a contender, they gotta decide if he’s a fit long term.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad