Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
When was the last time a player of Millers quality was traded for the equivalent of three 1sts? Hell, that’s what Eichel got…
Isn't Krebs a top 15 prospect in the league? Most prospects we talk about(Schneider included) either barely make the top 50, or not at all.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Eichel also very publically demanded a trade and was traded while suffering from a long term injury so that could be a *slight* factor there.
Even with all that, the value of Eichel at the time >>> Miller now.

Regardless, when was the last time a player like Miller got equivalent of three 1sts

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I don't see his post anymore so I will reply here.

Revisiting the Martin St. Louis Trade Tree

They got Callahan and 2 1sts. Callahan got derailed by injuries, but was seen as a good 2nd liner at the time, was thought to be able to improve.

2 1sts they traded down, but on became Cirelli. I'd say that was a pretty good pick. The other three picks they whiffed on. Didn't the Rangers make SCF with Martin?

Not only that, but St.Louis was also 38/39 years old and had a full NMC.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Sure, but that's not what you initially said. You said he's currently a top 20 scorer, which he's not. Also, I just edited my comment to call you out on the saying he has "one of the best face off percentages in the league" which is stretching the truth quite a bit. At a quick glance I don't think he's even top 40.
"Facts and Logic" right? Some call it pointless pedantry, but keep beating that drum.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Miller was dealt out of NY for many reasons, including locker room troubles and immaturity. Drury was the AGM then, so that combined with the fact that Brooks hasn’t said much about any interest in Miller tells me that there might be a smokescreen going on here.

On the flip side, I’ve always had a sense that the Rangers don’t want to give up prime assets for pure rentals and that’s the only way in which this makes any sense from a Rangers standpoint, as they won’t have the cap to fit him after the following season. Even next year might be a struggle with the cap if they added Miller.

As for Schneider, I’ve heard things that would tell me that he’s absolutely not available. I’d be shocked if Nemeth is in the lineup again for reasons other than an injury.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Even with all that, the value of Eichel at the time >>> Miller now.

Regardless, when was the last time a player like Miller got equivalent of three 1sts

Is Eichel twice the player Miller is? I don't think so.
Cap hits are an influence when dealing with trades, ever since the salary cap was introduced.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Why would Van need to bloke smoke about Miller to the Rangers when there has been 5 teams or more that have been mentioned to be interested. There's clearly a demand. Blowing smoke and drumming up fake interests would make sense if Miller wasnt so highly coveted by multiple teams.

To drive the price up. It’s a very common practice among media.

It could be a Vancouver staff member leaking him false info to do so.

Reactions: bernmeister

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I don't see his post anymore so I will reply here.

Revisiting the Martin St. Louis Trade Tree

They got Callahan and 2 1sts. Callahan got derailed by injuries, but was seen as a good 2nd liner at the time, was thought to be able to improve.

2 1sts they traded down, but on became Cirelli. I'd say that was a pretty good pick. The other three picks they whiffed on. Didn't the Rangers make SCF with Martin?
Exactly. That was a great return for St Louis and I’d love 2 1sts and a 2nd liner for Miller. MSL was also a tiny one dimensional star. Miller plays every position, PK, PP, and very physical. It’s ridiculous

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Is Eichel twice the player Miller is? I don't think so.
Cap hits are an influence when dealing with trades, ever since the salary cap was introduced.
He is absolutely worth twice the value of Miller are you kidding me? The guy was putting up 90pts (pace)on one of the worst teams we’ve ever seen. Add in that he was still signed long term age and Miller only has 1.5 years left and it’s not close.

I’m still waiting for you to show me someone with so little term left who got three 1st round picks?

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
He is absolutely worth twice the value of Miller are you kidding me? The guy was putting up 90pts (pace)on one of the worst teams we’ve ever seen. Add in that he was still signed long term age and Miller only has 1.5 years left and it’s not close.

I’m still waiting for you to show me someone with so little term left who got three 1st round picks?

Miller is also a point per game player, at half the cap hit, on one of the worst team in the league too.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020

I'd make a strong argument for Mantha just last year getting pretty darn close. Between an actual 1st, and Vrana and a 2nd averaging out to about 2 firsts, Vrana a bit more, the second obviously a bit less

Player Comparison: J.T. Miller vs. Anthony Mantha | Stathead.com

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Miller is a beauty. I liked the player when we acquired him, but he’s been something else these last several seasons. On a great contract to boot.

Id be happy to see him go on a cup run with a contender. Asking price will be high but I think teams will be quite happy.

Reactions: Jannik Hansen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad