Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Then why do you keep talking about the market as it pertains to Miller getting a massive return because of the market?

If you don't want people to speculate on the market then stop speculating on the market.
I'm not talking about the market at all. You and a lot of people here keep bringing it up.

My first post in this thread was focusing on historical deadline deals:

2020 NHL Deadline Notable Deals:
Goodrow for 1st
Coleman for 1st + Foote
Brady Skej for 1st
JGP for 1st + 2nd + 3rd (with conditions)

2021 NHL Deadline Notable Deals:
Mantha for Vrana + 1st + 2nd
Foligno for 1st + 4th
Palmieri/Zajac for 1st + 4th

JT is clearly better than any of these players so if the offer isn't better than any of these offers, they aren't even close.

Reactions: zcaptain

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not talking about the market at all. You and a lot of people here keep bringing it up.

Goodrow for 1st
Coleman for 1st + Foote
Brady Skej for 1st

Foligno for 1st + 4th

JT is clearly better than any of these players so if the offer isn't better than any of these offers, they aren't even close.

So just to be clear, what you're doing here is speculating about what the market will be for Miller based on historical market data. You saying his return will be better than all of those because he's better, is speculating on the market.

You seem to be confused between "speculating on the market" and "speculating that the market won't be exactly what Canucks fans want it to be".

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
So just to be clear, what you're doing here is speculating about what the market will be for Miller based on historical market data. You saying his return will be better than all of those because he's better, is speculating on the market.

You seem to be confused between "speculating on the market" and "speculating that the market won't be exactly what Canucks fans want it to be".
You're right, this year it will be different because the Canucks are involved and will get fleeced.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You're right, this year it will be different because the Canucks are involved and will get fleeced.

I'm not sure if this is some weird victim complex or if it's a healthy self-jab, but regardless, any discussion about what Miller may or may not or should receive as a return is speculation by us on what the market will be this year, regardless of which side of the conversation you're on. That's the point. You can't tell people they're not allowed to speculate on the market because they don't know what it is, and then turn around and use historical data and the standings and team needs to speculate what Miller should get. It's a complete contradiction.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
I'm not sure if this is some weird victim complex or if it's a healthy self-jab, but regardless, any discussion about what Miller may or may not or should receive as a return is speculation by us on what the market will be this year, regardless of which side of the conversation you're on. That's the point. You can't tell people they're not allowed to speculate on the market because they don't know what it is, and then turn around and use historical data and the standings and team needs to speculate what Miller should get. It's a complete contradiction.
Wow you really are a pessimist huh

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
He’s actually 27th but way to make stats up.
Okay, he's tied for 27th in points. He's only listed at 30th on NHL.com as the NHL uses goals as a tiebreaker.

I didn't make up stats at all. You called him a top 20 scorer, which he is not. Sounds like you're the one making stats up. Don't accuse me of that bullshit junior.

Edit: I just noticed you said he has one of best face off percentages in the league. He's at 53.3%. That's... Fine? I guess? I don't know about "one of the best" though. You really struggle with this whole "making up stats" thing.

Last edited:

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

Goodrow for 1st
Coleman for 1st + Foote
Brady Skej for 1st

Foligno for 1st + 4th

Where is the blue chip prospect in any of these? Mostly just picks. I don't see anything close to a Schneider, Newhook, Perfetti in any of these deals.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
He’s actually 27th but way to make stats up. Regardless, it’s not all about points for the millionth time. Linemates matter, other factors matter. He’s 27th in points but also plays the PK and has one of the best faceoff percentages in the league. Not to mention he can play center or wing efficiently. He’s a top 20 forward in the NHL. Simple

Make the poll if you are so confident. Miller already lost the one to Zibby. He'd be the 4th best forward on the Rangers because Kreider, Zibby and Panarin are close to being top 20 forwards (Panarin has a higher P/G than Miller and Kreider and Zibby score more goals) and not in some bizzaro world where being 27th gets rounded down to 20th

Last edited:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Okay, he's tied for 27th in points. He's only listed at 30th on NHL.com as the NHL uses goals as a tiebreaker.

I didn't make up stats at all. You called him a top 20 scorer, which he is not. Sounds like you're the one making stats up. Don't accuse me of that bullshit junior.
Junior, I’m not making stats up at all. He was 17th last year and 27th right now. He’s right around 20 overall. He’s a top 20 forward in terms of value then is that better?

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Make the poll if you are so confident. Miller already lost the one to Zibby. He'd be the 4th best forward on the Rangers because Kreider, Zibby and Panarin are close to being top 20 forwards (Panarin has a higher P/G than Miller and Kreider and Zibby score more goals) and not in some bizzaro world where being 27th gets rounded down to 20th
Lmao. What does who the rangers have have to do with acquiring Miller? You’re not winning a cup with your current roster why wouldn’t you aquire a top 20-30 player in the league for prospects? Mind boggling.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Lmao. What does who the rangers have have to do with acquiring Miller? You’re not winning a cup with your current roster why wouldn’t you aquire a top 20-30 player in the league for prospects? Mind boggling.

We're not winning a cup with Miller either. He doesn't fix our 5 on 5 issues. 50% of his points are on the PP. Hertl is the one to add if they truly think they are close. Tampa overpaid for Coleman and Goodrow after years of failing and falling short. Rangers are literally just starting to make the playoffs.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Junior, I’m not making stats up at all. He was 17th last year and 27th right now. He’s right around 20 overall. He’s a top 20 forward in terms of value then is that better?
Sure, but that's not what you initially said. You said he's currently a top 20 scorer, which he's not. Also, I just edited my comment to call you out on the saying he has "one of the best face off percentages in the league" which is stretching the truth quite a bit. At a quick glance I don't think he's even top 40.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Sure, but that's not what you initially said. You said he's currently a top 20 scorer, which he's not. Also, I just edited my comment to call you out on the saying he has "one of the best face off percentages in the league" which is stretching the truth quite a bit. At a quick glance I don't think he's even top 40.

Top 40 means top 10 if you round down using Canuck fans' math

dman34

May 6, 2011
The whole "Coleman got 2 1sts" and such argument is so dumb. The market changes year to year. You dont see GMs trading 1sts for a Paul Gaustad or Erat for Forsberg anymore. GMs learn.

Because Coleman was traded in 2020, we can't use him as a comparable because GM's have learnt their lesson since then? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad