Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Where is the blue chip prospect in any of these? Mostly just picks. I don't see anything close to a Schneider, Newhook, Perfetti in any of these deals.

Nobody said a blue chip prospect had to be involved? Based on the deadline deals, I have (repeatedly) stated that Miller's value is a package worth 3 1st round picks. You don't have to include Schneider... but please don't expect any serious responses if it's "1st + Chytil" or "1st + B tier prospect/player".

Schneider is not on Newhook or Perfetti's tier - please give me a break.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So Miller at LW/C...I just don't see the fit or need for the Rangers unless they're planning on playing him on his off-wing?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think New York is by far the best team to trade Miller to.

New York:
JT Miller (50% retained)

Vancouver:
Kravtsov
Schneider
Chytil

I would add any of Pearson, Poolman, Hamonic or Schenn and retain 50% on any of them if New York was interested.
NO

Even with these new teams mentioned—the Rangers make the most sense as far as trade partners go. They have several different packages that could make sense for the Canucks. I struggle to see a package from either Calgary, Boston, or Minnesota that would make sense for both parties.
NO

Rangers seems to be All-In
I respect that a lot lol
They want to win it all
NO

I think Kravtsov and a 1st is more than fair value for Miller. For people who bash Kravtsov, don't confuse his poor attitude for underwhelming play on the ice. The whole issue is that he's mad at not being in our lineup - and the reality is, he should have been. Will he be a top line player? Probably not. But he still has good upside as a potential 2nd line offensive threat. I could solidly see him becoming a 50 pt player.

If Kravtsov isn't who VAN wants, then perhaps the Rangers include a D prospect like Robertson. I can't see us including Schneider, Lundkvist, or Jones. I think one of those guys is inevitably traded, but not for a 1.5 season rental.
NO

The price is wrong.
NYR don't even have a captain, adding JT Miller at this stage in his career would absolutely transform your team.
1.5 years is more than enough for him to whip Kaako, Laffy, and co. into shape, and provide some Beast Mode playoff hockey.

We'll retain salary and even add a piece (Rathbone?), but we're not walking away with a late 1st and a dissatisfied young Russian in exchange for our best forward.
NO

If you won't even include Zac Jones in a package for JT Miller you're not getting anything close to help your playoff run. Yikes.
Jones could go in the right deal, but there is no right deal w/p nightmare cap next season, so...
NO

Come on, Drury. You know you want to blow your load on acquiring Miller. He’ll put your team over the top!
I am concerned that Drury will turn lazy ass on us and deal Krav so he can have it his way, meanwhile he is supposed to remember his higher obligation is to the fans and the team, not his personal pursuit of power. Krav should NOT be dealt prematurely, they should sell high on Strome give his mins to Cjytil + Barron and then Krav.
So NO to your outward display of Jedi mind trick on our GM

Well this is extremely ironic. You mention Miller should return the equivalent of 3 firsts value and if the value doesn't come close dont bother.

Then you mention a package that includes the equivalent of 2 firsts and say please stop... But all that's needed is one more first and you should have a deal according to what you originally said?

I think Nils Lundkvist + 2022 1st + 2022 2nd is fair for Miller. Maybe another small add from NYR.
Again, like in War Games the only winning move here is not to play.
That said, IF IF IF a deal was done, it should be
Lindgren + Strome + Jones [not Nils, NY needs his shot] + Geo
for
Miller at half + Halak [who returns to you after this season]
that improves NY short term, but = a prob when someone has to be traded for cap room for Kakko + LaF short term deals while Trouba exits, but we have no one w/salary we can trade!
So again NO

I did have interest in Lundkvist but after thinking about it I think that just makes the Canucks d too small. Like the player but not the match.

If nyr fans don’t want to deal Schneider then I don’t think there’s a match. I think he’s so obviously the choice with the Canucks match.

The Rangers are extremely deep and wouldn’t have any issues covering the loss.

I think if I’m the Canucks I would consider something like:

Kratsov, Schneider and a 1st….

Schneider fills a huge team need. The 1st is essential as the Canucks have dealt so many picks over the years and you take a flyer on Kratsov.
Not objective, and also NO

If Vancouver is interested, it would make sense to deal Lafreniere as Miller's age lines up with that of Zibanejad, Panarin, and Kreider and lets the Rangers be ultra competitive the next few seasons.
Getting older and more expensive is rarely a good idea, NO

I would take Laf and Nils. For JTM 2MM retained.
Once again, with finality NO

dman34

May 6, 2011
NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

Jones could go in the right deal, but there is no right deal w/p nightmare cap next season, so...
NO

I am concerned that Drury will turn lazy ass on us and deal Krav so he can have it his way, meanwhile he is supposed to remember his higher obligation is to the fans and the team, not his personal pursuit of power. Krav should NOT be dealt prematurely, they should sell high on Strome give his mins to Cjytil + Barron and then Krav.

for
that improves NY short term, but = a prob when someone has to be traded for cap room for Kakko + LaF short term deals while Trouba exits, but we have no one w/salary we can trade!
So again NO

Unfortunately, for you, you do not call the shots.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I'd like to enter my name into the Internet history books. Introducing: Bern's Razor

As the length of a post approaches infinity, the probability that it is authored by bernmeister reaches 100%.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So Miller at LW/C...I just don't see the fit or need for the Rangers unless they're planning on playing him on his off-wing?
Along with Panarin would be the teams best forward. So theyd make room for that kind of player immediately

That been said I have next to NO interest in anything the Rangers have to offer for Miller

Mattycat

Jun 25, 2014
Think i will take Seravalli's word over some one on here ...JTM trade will be a haul!!!

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
The whole "Coleman got 2 1sts" and such argument is so dumb. The market changes year to year. You dont see GMs trading 1sts for a Paul Gaustad or Erat for Forsberg anymore. GMs learn.
GMs learn, certainly. They learn that even if you overpay, if you acquire the right pieces, you can win the Stanley Cup and become a legend. You think Tampa regrets the overpay? Of course not! And JT Miller is the kind of player a team will want to take a chance on.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I have a feeling that its going to be for someone like Kakko/Lafreiniere straight up with some other secondary pieces attached or cap retention.

With the Rangers farm system and potential lack of cap space I definitely dont think those two are completely off the table

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Think i will take Seravalli's word over some one on here ...JTM trade will be a haul!!!

If Philadelphia knew it was making "the Lindros Trade", do you think they would have still gone through with it?

Seriously, some of the valuation takes here are hysterical.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Oh really? And what did Toronto learn from trading for Foligno?

Oh wait - I wasn't supposed to ask that question? :sarcasm:

upload_2022-1-25_18-48-1.gif

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Saravilli isnt on the Canucks payroll, he probably has more connections with the Rangers than he does with Canucks. He is also about 1 of 6 media/insiders that have reported the interest on JT Miller.

Why would Van need to bloke smoke about Miller to the Rangers when there has been 5 teams or more that have been mentioned to be interested. There's clearly a demand. Blowing smoke and drumming up fake interests would make sense if Miller wasn't so highly coveted by multiple teams.

Rangers have 25 million in cap space, a stocked farm system, and basically all their picks. They have a few needs and have been conveniently rumored to be involved in every significant piece available. Teams know this, so whats the easiest way to get other teams to up their offer/be more serious? Say the Rangers are "REALLY interested".

Drury doesn't leak anything. our beat writers dont get anything. Anything that comes from other "insiders" around the league are not getting that info from the Rangers FO.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Nobody said a blue chip prospect had to be involved? Based on the deadline deals, I have (repeatedly) stated that Miller's value is a package worth 3 1st round picks. You don't have to include Schneider... but please don't expect any serious responses if it's "1st + Chytil" or "1st + B tier prospect/player".

Schneider is not on Newhook or Perfetti's tier - please give me a break.
When was the last time a player of Millers quality was traded for the equivalent of three 1sts? Hell, that’s what Eichel got…

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

for
So again NO

You seem to be in denial.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
That was a decade ago
I don't see his post anymore so I will reply here.

Revisiting the Martin St. Louis Trade Tree

They got Callahan and 2 1sts. Callahan got derailed by injuries, but was seen as a good 2nd liner at the time, was thought to be able to improve.

2 1sts they traded down, but on became Cirelli. I'd say that was a pretty good pick. The other three picks they whiffed on. Didn't the Rangers make SCF with Martin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad