Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I'm sorry folks, but the Rangers ain't trading a cost-controlled Schneider for 1.5 years of JT Miller - Not going to happen given their salary cap issues over the next several years. Schneider seems to be the guy they've settled on for the third pair and eventually could be Trouba's successor for the spot behind Fox. Lundkvist, Othmann, Berard, etc. and a pick would be on the table.
I hate how many prospects you guys have on top of fox, laf, KK. Anyways the Canucks won't take scraps like Kravtsov and a late first. We need to bolster our prospect pool, not give away our best player for fun.

dman34

May 6, 2011
This thread really shows who actually knows hockey v.s. guys who are obsessed about prospects/futures. I guess this board is called Hockey Futures so maybe that justifies people's obsessions with prospects and picks?

You just have to look at past deadline deals that were made and compare.

2020 NHL Deadline Notable Deals:
Goodrow for 1st
Coleman for 1st + Foote
Brady Skej for 1st
JGP for 1st + 2nd + 3rd (with conditions)

2021 NHL Deadline Notable Deals:
Mantha for Vrana + 1st + 2nd
Foligno for 1st + 4th
Palmieri/Zajac for 1st + 4th

JT Miller is by far better than ANY of these players on the list + he has another year left at a very cheap cap hit. If your package doesn't beat any of these offers, don't even bother commenting.

JT Miller should return a 3 1st round package... if your offer doesn't come close... don't bother. Kratsov and a late first? Please stop.

Exactly.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Seravelli/Vancouver just blowing smoke about JTM to NYR. He was traded out of NY for many reasons , and Drury and co were apart of that. They haven't forgotten.

Saravilli isnt on the Canucks payroll, he probably has more connections with the Rangers than he does with Canucks. He is also about 1 of 6 media/insiders that have reported the interest on JT Miller.

Why would Van need to bloke smoke about Miller to the Rangers when there has been 5 teams or more that have been mentioned to be interested. There's clearly a demand. Blowing smoke and drumming up fake interests would make sense if Miller wasnt so highly coveted by multiple teams.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
This thread really shows who actually knows hockey v.s. guys who are obsessed about prospects/futures. I guess this board is called Hockey Futures so maybe that justifies people's obsessions with prospects and picks?

Goodrow for 1st
Coleman for 1st + Foote
Brady Skej for 1st

Foligno for 1st + 4th

JT Miller is by far better than ANY of these players on the list + he has another year left at a very cheap cap hit. If your package doesn't beat any of these offers, don't even bother commenting.

JT Miller should return a 3 1st round package... if your offer doesn't come close... don't bother. Kratsov and a late first? Please stop.

You forgot to mention the potential 50% retention by the Canucks. So JT Miller for 1.5 years at 2.6M.

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Goodrow for 1st
Coleman for 1st + Foote
Brady Skej for 1st

Foligno for 1st + 4th

Someone gets it. Miller is one of the most valuable TDL assets available over the past decade. Especially at 50% retention. He will be very expensive to acquire.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021

Goodrow for 1st
Coleman for 1st + Foote
Brady Skej for 1st

Foligno for 1st + 4th

My gosh it isn't eichel! Three 1st round picks? Haha! Even when those trades happen, reports were those teams overpay. People laughed at Toronto because they bid against themselves. People said Tampa overpaid, media people did. Don't sit here and say it Miller us getting eichel package. What is kaprizov, or connor McDavid get then?

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ

Goodrow for 1st
Coleman for 1st + Foote
Brady Skej for 1st

Foligno for 1st + 4th

Well this is extremely ironic. You mention Miller should return the equivalent of 3 firsts value and if the value doesn't come close dont bother.

Then you mention a package that includes the equivalent of 2 firsts and say please stop... But all that's needed is one more first and you should have a deal according to what you originally said?

I think Nils Lundkvist + 2022 1st + 2022 2nd is fair for Miller. Maybe another small add from NYR.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
I can almost guarantee the Canucks will not trade Miller to the Flames unless if its for a massive over-payment that what the other bidding teams are offering. You dont trade a guy like Miller to a division rival and make it even harder for themselves to make the playoffs in the future.

I also dont think the Flames have a strong prospect pool to choose from.
I still think the front-runners for JT are Minny, Pitt, NYR, LA. Then I think contenders will try and swoop in last minute either to try and get Miller or to at least try and drive up the price.

Something along the lines of :

1st
Lambos
Khusdotinov

I feel that if the Canucks retain 50% the 2.6 salary on Miller next year is the perfect fit for them as they are pinching for cap space.

Khusnutdinov centred Podkolzin with SKA so im sure there is familiarity there from the organization as they tracked Podkolzin's development throughout the recent years.

I doesnt really solve the Canuck's issue on the right side of the D but that can be addressed in other ways or with different assets.

Minnesota will never do this! Jt is being so overvalued big time! Even our gm has made this clear! Again it isn't eichel and won't get this package! If you are looking for this package, it an Hf wish list that doesn't exist

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Minnesota will never do this! Jt is being so overvalued big time! Even our gm has made this clear! Again it isn't eichel and won't get this package! If you are looking for this package, it an Hf wish list that doesn't exist
Whether or not the Wild do it (and I'd agree that they wouldn't) that proposal isn't out of line with what Miller is probably worth.

Eichel was a very different beast: a huge contract, a lot of questions about his health and a bizarre relationship with his old team. Miller's got none of that baggage.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I’m sure you would. That’s a package the Rangers should spend on a better player. I like Miller, but we don’t need him back at that price.

I'm sorry but outside of Schneider, is Kratsov or Chytil supposed to hold significant value?

Chytil and Kratsov haven't done anything to maintain their value since being drafted - in fact, the value has likely dropped.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Ledge And Dairy

I can almost guarantee the Canucks will not trade Miller to the Flames unless if its for a massive over-payment that what the other bidding teams are offering. You dont trade a guy like Miller to a division rival and make it even harder for themselves to make the playoffs in the future.

I also dont think the Flames have a strong prospect pool to choose from.
I still think the front-runners for JT are Minny, Pitt, NYR, LA. Then I think contenders will try and swoop in last minute either to try and get Miller or to at least try and drive up the price.

Something along the lines of :

1st
Lambos
Khusdotinov

I feel that if the Canucks retain 50% the 2.6 salary on Miller next year is the perfect fit for them as they are pinching for cap space.

Khusnutdinov centred Podkolzin with SKA so im sure there is familiarity there from the organization as they tracked Podkolzin's development throughout the recent years.

I doesnt really solve the Canuck's issue on the right side of the D but that can be addressed in other ways or with different assets.
Really? Their pool is probably top 10 and about par with Minny's

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
My gosh it isn't eichel! Three 1st round picks? Haha! Even when those trades happen, reports were those teams overpay. People laughed at Toronto because they bid against themselves. People said Tampa overpaid, media people did. Don't sit here and say it Miller us getting eichel package. What is kaprizov, or connor McDavid get then?

Yeah I'm going to look at historical data from REAL transactions instead of having to try and explain to trolls like you.

Healthy Eichel wouldn't have been traded in the first place.... a package for a healthy Eichel would have been doubled so it's not a fair comparison at all.

Tampa overpaid? You know they won the cup right? Back-t0-back right? You know that right?

Reactions: Ita

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
I'm sorry but outside of Schneider, is Kratsov or Chytil supposed to hold significant value?

Chytil and Kratsov haven't done anything to maintain their value since being drafted - in fact, the value has likely dropped.

Kratsov who demanded a trade and is not reporting to his team, and is now in Russia? His value is nowhere close to when he was drafted. In fact, trading for him is a risky move if he doesn't come back.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Well this is extremely ironic. You mention Miller should return the equivalent of 3 firsts value and if the value doesn't come close dont bother.

Then you mention a package that includes the equivalent of 2 firsts and say please stop... But all that's needed is one more first and you should have a deal according to what you originally said?

I think Nils Lundkvist + 2022 1st + 2022 2nd is fair for Miller. Maybe another small add from NYR.

This is a moronic take.

Kratsov WAS a first round pick. Doesn't mean he holds value of a first round pick.

2 firsts is not close to 3 firsts - yes you got that right. All that needed is one more first? That's putting it so lightly.

Imagine you interviewed for a job seeking for a $90k salary. The company comes back and counteroffers $60k. How do you feel? Exactly. It's just a math man.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Kratsov who demanded a trade and is not reporting to his team, and is now in Russia? His value is nowhere close to when he was drafted. In fact, trading for him is a risky move if he doesn't come back.

Exactly. No team in the NHL would trade a first for Kratsov right now.

His value is closer to a 2nd round pick than a 1st.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Yeah I'm going to look at historical data from REAL transactions instead of having to try and explain to trolls like you.

Healthy Eichel wouldn't have been traded in the first place.... a package for a healthy Eichel would have been doubled so it's not a fair comparison at all.

Tampa overpaid? You know they won the cup right? Back-t0-back right? You know that right?

Media people were all shocked Tampa gave away nolan Foote in that deal. Media people tweeted about it. Tampa win because of their superstars including in G. Yes, it still stands Tampa overpaid. They won because of their G whose had a hall of fame career, because of Superstars like Stamkos, Kuch who are on hall of fame track, etc.. trade was good for them because they had this players

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
This is a moronic take.

Kratsov WAS a first round pick. Doesn't mean he holds value of a first round pick.

2 firsts is not close to 3 firsts - yes you got that right. All that needed is one more first? That's putting it so lightly.

Imagine you interviewed for a job seeking for a $90k salary. The company comes back and counteroffers $60k. How do you feel? Exactly. It's just a math man.

Thank you for calling it moronic. Also your salary example is in no way in good comparison.

You also fail to address the Lundkvist + 1st + 2nd offer, which is essentially right in your ballpark value depending on how one values Lundkvist.

Reactions: bernmeister

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ

Tampa definitely overpaid to get the pieces they desperately coveted.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean Calgary has 3 top 50 player prospects and a top 5 goalie prospect. Not to mention a few others like Valimaki who is still a high potential young player

Like I said, we can agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad