Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Kappo maybe Rangers haven't had the #1 overall in 50 years if the guys busts he busts but it will be in blue.
I don't think JT Miller is the key piece for this team. Would I love to have him yes! We have a number 1 center and if we are going to pay for a number 1 price I think Drury would want a younger cost controlled asset.
I could be wrong. I just don't see it. I think the Rangers make some moves but they are not going all in.
IMO they do not need a top six center they need a good 3C, a cheap winger like Debrusk, or Kessel and a D man for the bottom 6.
Debrusk has a $3.675m cap hit, he is only $1.575m lower than Miller, but a fraction of a player. He is also RFA after this season whereas Miller has another year left.
Kessel has a $6.8m cap hit, I would argue that Miller is a better player overall.
If you are trading assets for these guys (Debrusk/Kessel) that doesn't move the needle, why not just save the assets and not do anything at all?
If you want to give your team the best chance to make a run, I think Miller is the way to go. You can play Miller as a top 6 winger, or in case of an injury to Zibby/Strome, Miller is more than capable of filling in.
I would totally understand if Drury doesn't think its time to "go all in" and end up passing on Miller, that is definitely reasonable. I would be disappointed if he waste valuable assets and/or cap space for fringe guys that doesn't help much in Debrusk/Kessel though.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I dont see Calgary being a landing spot unless we can get a uncontional 2022/2023 first from them.

Boston the only player i would really look at is Carlo

Minny has an interesting prospect pool and could give us a pretty good return

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What do the pens have left to trade? Pittsburgh has been trading futures for over a decade and it's worked they have 3 cups.

But it does mean the cupboard has to be pretty bare

Prospects and players that Rutherford really likes :laugh: I doubt we can put together the best offer fans here will like, but it might be our guys are still players Rutherford really values.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Do you go to every thread and confront people who might say something you dont agree with?
This is the first response you've seen of mine like this but its not the first time you've stated this exact thing. So with a basic level of intelligence you could answer your own question.

Confront??

Reactions: jd22

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
This is the first response you've seen of mine like this but its not the first time you've stated this exact thing. So with a basic level of intelligence you could answer your own question.

Confront??

A basic level of intelligence? I'll leave that to you.

Proceed with your various pillow fights.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
If Boston, Minnesota and Calgary are wanting Miller, I'm looking at prospects/picks coming back because there isn't much that interests me off their rosters that they would be willing to move that is a fit for the Canucks.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
If the ask is Schneider + I hope Rangers move on and aim for Chychrun for that price.

Not that I blame Nucks for asking that

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm curious to know if Minnesota's rumored interest is recent or just a rehash of what was talked about earlier in the year. Guerin trying to do something around Miller and Fiala didn't surprise me; Guerin paying the Canucks' price in futures would surprise me a lot. Never know, though.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I have no idea how the Flames would work JT's cap for next season, we're going to have to get rid of someone to just keep our guys already. But we're also going to need some cheap rookies, so I can't imagine we're dealing Pelletier. Zary? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad