Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Are the Canucks really trading Miller if they are trending towards the playoffs??
They're not actually trending towards playoffs though, when you look at points percentage. They need to leapfrog 3 teams to be top 4 in the division, and there's a decent game (4+ point gap or more when you factor in games played).

COVID during the already killer road trip really hurt.

Reactions: Reparlana

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Sorry to be thick but can someone decipher this? I don't understand what any of these three tweets mean?

I'll do my best:

1)Rutherford is noncommittal to saying he's keeping Miller or trading him. Wants his GM and last assistant GMs in place before they drum down on decision making.

2) Teams are calling on Miller a lot. Both the previous regime and current got/are getting calls.

What is his value in a trade vs keeping him if they're in the race for the playoffs.

They know his market/who's interested if they go the route of trade.

3) Friedman has been told that teams league wide are hearing from the Canucks they're going to be willing to be somewhat flexible on what they'll take offers on. Doesn't know if that includes Miller or not.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
No, it's not just a thought. It's people acting like they know other team and the way that they're set up better than the people who watch them on a nightly basis.

It's an age-old issue on here. People just can't admit that they don't know everything on here. Instead, they would rather make fools of themselves and speak in absolutes about things they're not familiar with.

So if someone is going to do that, they should get called out on it.
I would argue you yourself have done the same in multiple threads. Some of your takes on Miller and Chychrun in particular.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Nucks better be adding then

I dont think Vancouver has to add anything major at all. Miller Retained for Lafrenniere is pretty fair value and probably more importantly to solves some of the Rangers cap problems going forward as Lafreniere is going to comand a pretty big number on his second contract and hasnt proven anything yet

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
As an outsider who has seen a fair share of threads being derailed... this one is something.

I don't get why the Rangers wouldnt entertain trading Schneider and a 1st for Miller. On a hockey specific standpoint, this is no a brainer.

Exactly. They’d be cup favourites

I think that the rumor about Chychrun to the Panthers may kickstart a "war of attrition" style addition.

While it may currently be unpalatable a thought to let go of Schneider and a first, it is only because the odds of making a run for NYR are pretty good. If the Panthers pick up Chychrun that chance gets rockier, and Miller would be an A+ answer to that

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

deathb4disco

Oct 19, 2010
Duluth GA
I dont think Vancouver has to add anything major at all. Miller Retained for Lafrenniere is pretty fair value and probably more importantly to solves some of the Rangers cap problems going forward as Lafreniere is going to comand a pretty big number on his second contract and hasnt proven anything yet
You think JT Miller with few years on his contract is worth the former #1 pick overall?
This is not Mark Messier in his prime we are talking about. This is JT Miller who is a very good borderline All Star player who teams seem to want to get rid of.
I don't see how this helps the cap in anyway if that was the problem NYR would trade for Hertl who's contract is up at the end of the year.
JT will get you a nice haul but it's not going to be top grade 1A prospects. No GM wants on his resume that he traded a superstar away

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
You think JT Miller with few years on his contract is worth the former #1 pick overall?
This is not Mark Messier in his prime we are talking about. This is JT Miller who is a very good borderline All Star player who teams seem to want to get rid of.
I don't see how this helps the cap in anyway if that was the problem NYR would trade for Hertl who's contract is up at the end of the year.
JT will get you a nice haul but it's not going to be top grade 1A prospects. No GM wants on his resume that he traded a superstar away

Miller is worth the equilivant to 3 1st round assets as many people here have offered/stated. What do you think Lafreniere who hasnt produced so far but still has the predigree of being a 1st overall pick is worth? I would think it would be 3 1st round assets. Eichel got 3 first round assets and he is a proven top 10 player in the NHL. Now Eichel had questions about his health but you can say the same questions about Lafreinieres lack of production so far in his career.

Thats how I see it you can agree or disagree but people saying that the value is way off are just wrong. Its probably a lot closer than a lot of Rangers fans would like to admit

deathb4disco

Oct 19, 2010
Duluth GA
Miller is worth the equilivant to 3 1st round assets as many people here have offered/stated. What do you think Lafreniere who hasnt produced so far but still has the predigree of being a 1st overall pick is worth? I would think it would be 3 1st round assets. Eichel got 3 first round assets and he is a proven top 10 player in the NHL. Now Eichel had questions about his health but you can say the same questions about Lafreinieres lack of production so far in his career.

Thats how I see it you can agree or disagree but people saying that the value is way off are just wrong. Its probably a lot closer then a lot of Rangers fans would like to admit
Kappo maybe Rangers haven't had the #1 overall in 50 years if the guys busts he busts but it will be in blue.
I don't think JT Miller is the key piece for this team. Would I love to have him yes! We have a number 1 center and if we are going to pay for a number 1 price I think Drury would want a younger cost controlled asset.
I could be wrong. I just don't see it. I think the Rangers make some moves but they are not going all in.
IMO they do not need a top six center they need a good 3C, a cheap winger like Debrusk, or Kessel and a D man for the bottom 6.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
This legit might be top 5 worst offers I’ve ever seen on here.
And I have been apart of HF Boards for over a decade

It is a bad return for what the Canucks need are but to say its 1 of the worst proposals on here is wrong. Yamamoto was a 1st round pick and seems like a regular top 9 NHLer, the 1st unprotected could be a lottery pick with how the Coilers are trending albeit very unlikely considering the trade of getting Miller and Halak. Koskinen is for salary reason and would be gone this summer so no big deal really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad