Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Boeser had his career derailed by that Clutterbuck hit into the open door.

Look up highlights from his rookie season. Dude was a future perennial 40-50 goal scorer.

Look up his highlights from last year. He was never going to be a 40-50G guy, but he is not far off of a 30-35 guy for a few years. This year has been a down year but he's been much better under BB and much better defensively.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Are the Canucks really trading Miller if they are trending towards the playoffs??

I think if that were the case, it would depend on the deal. If it has the potential to still make them a “better” or equivalent team this year, then sure. Otherwise we can push it to the off-season.

Reactions: Reparlana

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
No, it didn't. The return expected by many here is that of a cornerstone player. If he was ever, which he has never been, Vancouver would do what ever they could to resign him.

So, my point is simply that I wouldn't want to pay anywhere near the asking price. Some may and live to regret it. I hope my team isn't the one.
Some may/will live to reap the benefits too. He’s clearly a cornerstone player. We’re just nowhere near contending so why not yet young assets?

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Boeser had his career derailed by that Clutterbuck hit into the open door.

Look up highlights from his rookie season. Dude was a future perennial 40-50 goal scorer.

I was 4-5 beers deep in the stands that night.
“Oh @&$! is that Brock laying on the ice?!”

Horrible moment, and I unfortunately agree that he has not been the same since.

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
As an outsider who has seen a fair share of threads being derailed... this one is something.

I don't get why the Rangers wouldnt entertain trading Schneider and a 1st for Miller. On a hockey specific standpoint, this is no a brainer.

Because most fans make really really bad GM, and also when it’s time to push all the chips to the middle, most of them is all talk.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'm not saying the Rangers will be, or even should trade for Miller, just trying to point out that you telling people to get lost for the mere thought that Miller may provide a boost to that unbroken powerplay is a bit much

No, it's not just a thought. It's people acting like they know other team and the way that they're set up better than the people who watch them on a nightly basis.

It's an age-old issue on here. People just can't admit that they don't know everything on here. Instead, they would rather make fools of themselves and speak in absolutes about things they're not familiar with.

So if someone is going to do that, they should get called out on it.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Look up his highlights from last year. He was never going to be a 40-50G guy, but he is not far off of a 30-35 guy for a few years. This year has been a down year but he's been much better under BB and much better defensively.

was our best player last year. No issues with brock , although the bossy comparison’s were over
Blowing it.

Are the Canucks really trading Miller if they are trending towards the playoffs??

we’re looking at more long term. In my perspective jt miller seems like a guy that will test free agency while asking Vancouver to compete for his service when his ufa time comes.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
No, it's not just a thought. It's people acting like they know other team and the way that they're set up better than the people who watch them on a nightly basis.

It's an age-old issue on here. People just can't admit that they don't know everything on here. Instead, they would rather make fools of themselves and speak in absolutes about things they're not familiar with.

So if someone is going to do that, they should get called out on it.
:laugh: Yeah only you can know how your PP is set up. I forgot only Rangers fans can watch rangers games. I’ve see 20+ rangers games this year don’t act like you know everything and everyone else is stupid

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
He is absolutely gone, I was deny there at all, fun!

i pretty much agree with this take below.

I do not think "we would love to re-sign him" applies to a player not yet eligible to negotiate an extension deal. Not going to argue one way or the other on Miller's fate, but I would look elsewhere for clues.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
its pretty clear they need help on the PK, plus scoring depth, in addition to the right-side D issues. ALso JR has said speed overall is needed... so dunno how big the changes needed are, or how deep they go with shipping people out.
Based on BB usage, I wonder if Motte stays, but he will cost $2.5M+, tough to justify for 4th liner.
I also wonder how they feel about Boeser -- other than scoring in a bunch in the first Bruce stream pre-Xmas, he has been pretty average, and not too noticeable when he's not scoring. I think Horvat stays, Miller goes, maybe also Boeser, certainly Halak and maybe also Motte. Hope not Hoglander or Podkolzin... Hughes and Demko are the core of this team, to noones surprise

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Canuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad