Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
The Rangers don’t need JT Miller.
No, but this thread was created because a hockey insider - Frank Seravelli made the statement that “the Rangers are all over JT Miller”. And I was responding to a post that was commenting on the Canucks taking what was offered because the Canucks NEED to trade Miller.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
No, but this thread was created because a hockey insider - Frank Seravelli made the statement that “the Rangers are all over JT Miller”. And I was responding to a post that was commenting on the Canucks taking what was offered because the Canucks NEED to trade Miller.

It’s funny because not one Ranger writer has said anything about it.

Sounds like someone from Vancouver might be trying to stir something up.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
If you think Pavelski or Kessel are more effective than JT Miller at this stage in their games you’re off your rocker man

JT Miller isn’t a fit here and isn’t getting PP TOI over anyone and that’s where the majority of his offense comes from.

Pavelski literally plays both positions the team needs and can go on either PP or PK unit. He would also compliment both lines in the top-6 better.

Stop talking about the Rangers as if you actually watch them, because it’s clear as day that you don’t.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
JT Miller isn’t a fit here and isn’t getting PP TOI over anyone and that’s where the majority of his offense comes from.

Pavelski literally plays both positions the team needs and can go on either PP or PK unit. He would also compliment both lines in the top-6 better.

Stop talking about the Rangers as if you actually watch them, because it’s clear as day that you don’t.

This post is satire right? Miller does not get his majority of points from the powerplay, can also play all three positions very well, and is usually the first guy over the boards on the PP and PK.

But then to follow up all that with "Stop talking about the Rangers as if you actually watch them, because it’s clear as day that you don’t".

A+ irony.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
:laugh: Joe Pavelski absolutely is. You obviously haven't been watching him this year. He is the Dallas Stars offense.
I mean he’s basically the stars only scoring this season. So sure, he’s played well, there’s no debating that. You could probably get him cheaper than miller too. But to say he’s more affective than miller is a bit of a leap. Going to be interesting to see how the chips fall with miller/giroux/pavelski/hertl…

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
That one article mentions Kakko or Lafreniere being potentially in play for Miller i think that would be the best case scenario for the Canucks getting one of those two plus maybe a mid round pick or a low end prospect.

i would prefer one of those two over schneider/lundqvist and a 1st

I'd honestly do Lafreniere straight up for Miller. I feel like he's been short changed and rushed into the NHL. With proper development he should blossom into a star player.

Kakko I would need something extra. I think he has a decent future (i.e. Puljujarvi) but he's never going to become a star.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Well, your previous comments would make someone think you believe your speaking for the organization.
For the last time, keep JT Miller....

Nope just speaking out on the fact that you are clueless, not sure how that means I'm speaking for the entire organization?

For the last time I don't control the team, maybe you should tell yours to lose interest since, you know, the rumour is that they phoned the canucks checking on JT

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
irrelevant
what he can actually bring back is established by several factors
one of which is supply and demand
so the first ?, before we consider who actually is available, is to look at who can potentially be made available.
He will NOT actually be made available, but theoretically since Rangers have Schneider he could be put on the table, even if only in theory not practice.
My point then is what clubs have a Schneider calibre guy. That is the first ?, then can they be considered available for trade, at all.
Rangers not making Schneider available Trouba's heir, etc etc.
Sens have Sanderson on the way, he is apparently not on the table even for a decent profit.

My pt remains: high quality D prospects can be found. Better still guys are likely not.
'nucks can look for such a guy, but are not likely to find, and still even less likely to find one available.

Instead of unrealistic Schneider, consider a Jones + type

Of course he is the Sens are rebuilding not in win now mode, what an absolutely awful example.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I'd honestly do Lafreniere straight up for Miller. I feel like he's been short changed and rushed into the NHL. With proper development he should blossom into a star player.

Kakko I would need something extra. I think he has a decent future (i.e. Puljujarvi) but he's never going to become a star.

Neither will be on the table for Miller, let's not get delusional here Canucks fans.

Reactions: Canuck Luck

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I'm not trading JT Miller for a late 1st + B tier prospect.

If the deal doesn't have a sure fire piece I see zero reason to do it, especially this season. Next season, establish if he wants to move on or not, if he does, sure that's the kind of deal he should fetch.

This isn't no B tier rental especially at that contract, not to mention possible retention.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I like Button's take on the situation. You keep Jt. Miller... and you ask for a massive overpayment when the calls come in. Trading him is like saying "F- the season"
1st round pick and a A tier prospect. NYR, maybe Lafren and Schneider. I recognize that Schneider is top notch and Lafren, while he's lost value, he's still a dynamic piece. It is an over-payment but that is what i'd ask for and i'd understand and respect of NYR declines.
However, if i imagine NYR with Jt. Miller, that is freakin scary.
I don't think NYR fans in this thread quite understand how good he is. Imagine a guy who can Center a top line, play any forward position, pk, pp and 5on5 production, PPG player. He hits hard and plays in all 3 zones. You could plug him into any of their top 3 lines. Their depth would be scary

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Can’t believe Tampa gave up on this guy.

Well he was earning his current contract while playing 3rd line minutes, and they also had a stacked roster (Kuch/ Stamkos/ Point all above 90 points, Gourde/ Johnson/ Killorn/ Miller all at or challenging for 40-50 points) and I if I recall correctly they needed to do some asset management and see who they would sell on. They do still have a matured Palat, Cirelli and the rest of the championship core, so I don't think they did all that poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad