Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Giroux would be a fine addition but he wouldnt have the same impact as to what Miller can bring in for the AVS.

If the Avs are going to go In, they might as well go all in, and not mess around for the likes of Olausson, Barron etc.

The core is Mack, Landy, Makar, Ranta, Byram, Toews.

They will be fine for many years to come, they shouldnt miss out on making the best team possible and having deep runs because they were worried about prospects like Barron and Olausson or even Newhook.

Going for a 34 yr old like Giroux vs a 28 yr old Miller should be a no brainer for an All in team on which one they should pursuit

Claude Giroux is twice the player JT Miller is.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Back up this insane claim. Miller is top 20 in points...Claude is..?

Claude has like a 7/8 assists less? Big whop. Claude is consistently one of the best in the league. I also want to see him finally get a cup, he'll be super motivated after moving to a contender. Not that JT Miller is a bad player and obviously twice as good is an exaggeration. But I'm more excited to bring on a flyers legend for a run.

Reactions: hn777

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Claude has like a 7/8 assists less? Big whop. Claude is consistently one of the best in the league. I also want to see him finally get a cup, he'll be super motivated after moving to a contender. Not that JT Miller is a bad player and obviously twice as good is an exaggeration. But I'm more excited to bring on a flyers legend for a run.

Why the shit didn't you just say that at first?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Feel like this thread has become Canucks fans trying to explain millers value and other teams trying to suggest there’s other players they prefer (whether that’s a cheaper trade or character preference).

All players will be good pieces (miller/giroux/ hertl) and most will not come cheap either. Any team would be lucky to have any of them help in their cup pursuit. Curious to actually see what the trades will look like. Listening to each fan base argue back and forth is getting old. Likely it’s something in between what you think and the opposition proposes.

Reactions: deckercky

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Feel like this thread has become Canucks fans trying to explain millers value and other teams trying to suggest there’s other players they prefer (whether that’s a cheaper trade or character preference).

What's the obligation and what's fair? Is it fair that Vancouver fans tell Rangers and Avs fans that they have to surrender players X, Y, and Z all while ignoring other alternatives are available?

What you also omit is the countless times that Rangers fans have stonewalled the possibility of including Schneider. Same with the Avs and Newhook. Yet countless times Vancouver fans have insisted on these players be in the mix? What gives you the right to make Vancouver fans the victims? Why don't you let this thread happen and not assign victimhood? Why not let candid discussion happen without this nonsense?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
What's the obligation and what's fair? Is it fair that Vancouver fans tell Rangers and Avs fans that they have to surrender players X, Y, and Z all while ignoring other alternatives are available?

What you also omit is the countless times that Rangers fans have stonewalled the possibility of including Schneider. Same with the Avs and Newhook. Yet countless times Vancouver fans have insisted on these players be in the mix? What gives you the right to make Vancouver fans the victims? Why don't you let this thread happen and not assign victimhood? Why not let candid discussion happen without this nonsense?
No one’s the victim… settle.

canucks want a prime prospect… rangers/Avs don’t want to deal those players. Ok cool. So instead lets continue several pages of arguing why each other are right. I agree it’s doubtful newhook/Schneider get moved but you can’t blame a team for wanting them.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
No one’s the victim… settle.

canucks want a prime prospect… rangers/Avs don’t want to deal those players. Ok cool. So instead lets continue several pages of arguing why each other are right. I agree it’s doubtful newhook/Schneider get moved but you can’t blame a team for wanting them.

I don't blame Canucks fans for wanting. But no means no.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I think there's a difference between Vancouver not getting a Schneider type prospect and Vancouver getting Schneider. NYR really need Schneider going forward, and although they have a somewhat deep defense prospect list, they value Schneider at the top and specifically went in a tougher direction with the team. Rangers need better 5 on 5 driving players who can put the puck in the net and sustain pressure. They either need a 2c for next season or a RW right now/next season, because the development minutes for Kakko are generating a lot of nothing.

Ranking the potential available players that fit what we need
Hertl
Chychrun
Miller

That doesn't mean Miller isn't as valuable as them, they just fit what we need more.

JT can be sold as a 1c and he's very good on faceoffs, but I think when playing center his responsibilities in his own end can sometimes get left behind. I would love him on the RW with Kreider and Zibanejad, but then the attribute we really need him for (faceoffs) is going to be useless. We're most likely looking at him playing 2c, which should help some of those even strength scoring numbers playing with Panarin. If 2c is the goal for Miller then I think Schenider is too important to the teams need to trade away.
Hertl makes more sense for the Rangers. And imo is a better player than Miller. (but that doesn't necessarily mean he will return more, just that Miller is the type of player that teams overpay for).

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
It’s not really similar.
in what world is Compher/Jost + Barron/Helleson + 23 1st to which you've said the argument a 3rd round pick should be added since the 1st is in 23 is fair not similar to the entire same proposal minus the 3rd and instead add Foudy whom was drafted in the 3rd round 2 years ago by the Avs

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017

Ok I accept your apology for trolling and I see that you can actually be reasonable when you want to. Either way it's clear that if this board were GMs of our teams, the offers for Miller would not come close and he would stay a Canuck which is fine.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Ooh what a burn. Say what ever you please, so long as you keep JT away from the Rangers.

Not my choice really is it?

I see not only are you clueless, you also live in a fantasy world where you think I have any control over where JT ends up....:thumbu:

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Well this has been a great read folks!

I wonder who wins the prize?

Maybe no one! A lot of experts here, LOL (Including myself, lol)

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Not my choice really is it?

I see not only are you clueless, you also live in a fantasy world where you think I have any control over where JT ends up....:thumbu:

Well, your previous comments would make someone think you believe your speaking for the organization.
For the last time, keep JT Miller....

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It looks like there’s certainly a bidding war going on, I can’t blame teams, it’s not every day at top 20 Top line player, Who plays three positions, costs only 5 million for 1.5 years, And can win face-offs like nobody’s business.

This is not a rental, should get a huge haul.

It would be an understatement to say that the haul is extremely important to the Canucks future.

Hopefully it's as good as most Canuck fans are hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad