Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
What are you talking about? Pedigree is everything, actual outcome means very little, that's why we were able to get such an amazing return on Juolevi

Definitely thinks teams are learning their lessons with high pick pedigree.

don’t want to be Chiarelli and trade barzal for guy who’s value was derived from his draft spot in reinhart and not his actual play.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
I think every contending team will be interested. How the heck could they not be in adding a Point Per Game power forward at 2.2 mil.

However the reported ones are : NYR, Minny, CGY, St Louis,

If the Canucks wait till the off-season then the list of teams will double if not triple and not just be subject to contending teams.

The only reason the Canucks are entertaining trading Miller now is because the extra year on his contract will force teams to pay a bigger premium, However, if they cant get the price they want then they arent going to settle. They will just hold an auction in the off-season.
I think I saw Boston on that list as well.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I think I saw Boston on that list as well.

yes youre right Boston was mentioned.

You'd have to think Tampa and Colorado are in as well.

Like i said , 2.2 mil AAV pro-rated to deadline time. contending teams can add Miller and another piece with that discount!

Feb 19, 2018
I think every contending team will be interested. How the heck could they not be in adding a Point Per Game power forward at 2.2 mil.

However the reported ones are : NYR, Minny, CGY, St Louis,

If the Canucks wait till the off-season then the list of teams will double if not triple and not just be subject to contending teams.

The only reason the Canucks are entertaining trading Miller now is because the extra year on his contract will force teams to pay a bigger premium, However, if they cant get the price they want then they arent going to settle. They will just hold an auction in the off-season.
I just want to correct you. Millers salary is $5.25 million and if teams are getting him at 2.2 at 50% salary that would put Miller at $4.4 million. 50% of Miller is around $2.63 million.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I just want to correct you. Millers salary is $5.25 million and if teams are getting him at 2.2 at 50% salary that would put Miller at $4.4 million. 50% of Miller is around $2.63 million.

Thank you I appreciate it.

I'd also like to correct you. "Millers salary" is incorrect grammar. It should be noted as " Miller's salary" to show ownership of said subject.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
ELC is what 900k for Newhook?

Miller would be at 2.2 mil next year. Since the Canucks can retain 50%

So were talking about 1-ish mil differnce in salary and a massive gap in performance and abilities.

I think Sakic wont be so fast to take Newhook of the table especially if he can get 2 playoff runs with Miller at 2.2 mil AAV and the possibility of being able to -resign him long term.

If Nate is out long term or gets injured again or Kadri gets suspended again which is highly likely, then Sakic would sacrifice Newhook to get a bonafied 1st line center as insurance and put the Avs over the top. Having Mac, Kadri and Miller down the middle is something that wont be matched by any other NHL team. So it will be either a Newhook or Byram returning to Vancouver.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
If Nate is out long term or gets injured again or Kadri gets suspended again which is highly likely, then Sakic would sacrifice Newhook to get a bonafied 1st line center as insurance and put the Avs over the top. Having Mac, Kadri and Miller down the middle is something that wont be matched by any other NHL team. So it will be either a Newhook or Byram returning to Vancouver.

Byram is not someone that Canucks will target. Just too much risk unfortunately.

Canucks would be foolish to gamble their biggest asset in 20 years for someone dealing with major concussion problems.

This can be a franchise altering trade and you dont waste those on big question marks no matter how much potential they had pre injury.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
IF is the biggest word in any language.
Our window is just now starting to open, and assuming we do not screw it up by dealing youth, and do not get hit w/crazy injury, then we are looking at upwards of 8 or so years, not 4.
We see w/LaF it is all about his skating which is continuing to improve. KK is the tortoise here but we see his whole game matures upward. At some pt he gets regular work w/line that has chemistry and he too will bust out. Schneider is real deal. Not concerned at this pt.

We are not worried at this pt, and don't have to be. Biggest worry is Drury's ego dealing youth now which will artificially close that window early, among other consequences.

We good b'c Krav imo should not be on the table.
Strome + Lindgren + Jones + Geo
for

Miller at half + Halak, who we are not keeping next yr and can return to you if you want him.

That is the ONLY offer that works for NY under existing cap circumstances, and it still has probs b'c Lindgren's 3x3 has to be moved to get down payments on Kakko, LaF etc.
So no deal.

OOOooooooooooooooooh! He used an exclamation pt!! I'm trembling...

not.
Pat Benatar says, if you are even capable, which remains in doubt, hit me with your best shot.
Also Ringo, from Back Off Boogaloo, chimes in with: "get yourself together now and give me something tasty". --- assuming you are capable of that.

That proposal is pretty trash honestly as it doesnt address Canucks need which is RHD. Canucks are going to fill other holes with a Miller trade so Schneider is the piece they want back not a bunch of quantity that doesnt address their needs.

Reactions: zcaptain

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Byram is not someone that Canucks will target. Just too much risk unfortunately.

Canucks would be foolish to gamble their biggest asset in 20 years for someone dealing with major concussion problems.

This can be a franchise altering trade and you dont waste those on big question marks no matter how much potential they had pre injury.
*edit: byram is not someone YOU would target. This is based on your opinion not any actual Canuck facts.

So far I don’t see Vegas complaining about getting eichel. Not to say byram is on the same level. Any deal has possible risk involved. Obviously you’d dig and get as much info on byram well before pulling the trigger on a deal.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
The way you said it was dismissive like you knew exactly what’s up. That is all. Have at your opinion though.

back to topic though,

Why would the Canucks risk trading for Byram who is apparently having trouble doing any activities that elevates heart rate without getting a migraine.

I would not gamble around brain injuries

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
back to topic though,

Why would the Canucks risk trading for Byram who is apparently having trouble doing any activities that elevates heart rate without getting a migraine.

Doubt Avs even move him… but he’s is one of the top D prospects in the league. At very least he’s worth a consideration. Obviously would take a deeper dive into health issues before you ever pull the trigger.

Pretty sure Vegas is/was okay taking the “gamble” on eichel. Can be high risk but an even higher reward too.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Our window is just now starting to open, and assuming we do not screw it up by dealing youth, and do not get hit w/crazy injury, then we are looking at upwards of 8 or so years, not 4.
We see w/LaF it is all about his skating which is continuing to improve. KK is the tortoise here but we see his whole game matures upward. At some pt he gets regular work w/line that has chemistry and he too will bust out. Schneider is real deal. Not concerned at this pt.

We are not worried at this pt, and don't have to be. Biggest worry is Drury's ego dealing youth now which will artificially close that window early, among other consequences.

for
Miller at half + Halak
, who we are not keeping next yr and can return to you if you want him.

That is the ONLY offer that works for NY under existing cap circumstances, and it still has probs b'c Lindgren's 3x3 has to be moved to get down payments on Kakko, LaF etc.
So no deal.

not.
Pat Benatar says, if you are even capable, which remains in doubt, hit me with your best shot.
Also Ringo, from Back Off Boogaloo, chimes in with: "get yourself together now and give me something tasty". --- assuming you are capable of that.
No GM in the league would ever be dumb enough to offer this. It is beyond laughable, even for a fan to suggest.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
ELC is what 900k for Newhook?

Miller would be at 2.2 mil next year. Since the Canucks can retain 50%

So were talking about 1-ish mil differnce in salary and a massive gap in performance and abilities.

I think Sakic wont be so fast to take Newhook of the table especially if he can get 2 playoff runs with Miller at 2.2 mil AAV and the possibility of being able to -resign him long term.

Newhook isn’t on the table, that isn’t how Sakic operates. It’s basically just wishful thinking on your part. There’s a reason why the Avs haven’t been linked heavily to Miller, it’s because he isn’t willing to pay the price when there’s other options out there.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

for
Miller at half + Halak, who we are not keeping next yr and can return to you if you want him.

So no deal.

not.
Actually - pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is the longest word in the English language

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
back to topic though,

Well thanks for showing your ignorance when it comes to the Byram situation.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Newhook isn’t on the table, that isn’t how Sakic operates. It’s basically just wishful thinking on your part. There’s a reason why the Avs haven’t been linked heavily to Miller, it’s because he isn’t willing to pay the price when there’s other options out there.

Sakic is a smart man. He can see that the way " he operates" hasnt generated more than a 1st round exit. Why keep operating the same way.

Newhook is a good prospect but he isnt even someone I think the Canucks should be using Miller to get. He would be behind Horvat and Pettersson for us. We have bigger needs.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Honestly if I was Sakic I would do anything to put the Avs over the top just to make sure they have everything they need to win the cup. Its something that should be done when you are in your contending window while Kadri is still signed. In a salary cap world that window will close pretty soon so its a mistake by Sakic to be conservative now. The Avs have the goalie and have the awesome depth in D, so why not upgrade the middle to a cup winning level? Miller, Kadri and Mac down the middle will wreak havoc on any team they face, trust me. Also Miller can be used as a winger, center and is obe of the best faceoff guys in the league, not to mention ability to play on PP and PK too. This guy is similar to a Ryan O'Reilly type of player and he can play a huge role in Avs winning the cup. Swapping Newhook for 2 years of Miller is a huge upgrade.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Sakic is a smart man. He can see that the way " he operates" hasnt generated more than a 1st round exit. Why keep operating the same way.

Newhook is a good prospect but he isnt even someone I think the Canucks should be using Miller to get. He would be behind Horvat and Pettersson for us. We have bigger needs.
Thats why Sakic needs to upgrade Newhook to Miller. I think Canucks would easily trade Miller for Newhook, 1st plus other pieces if NYR doesnt go for Miller. Not sure why Avs fans refuse to give up Newhook for a chance to win cups?

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Thats why Sakic needs to upgrade Newhook to Miller. I think Canucks would easily trade Miller for Newhook, 1st plus other pieces if NYR doesnt go for Miller. Not sure why Avs fans refuse to give up Newhook for a chance to win cups?

No doubt they're hoping they can upgrade their roster as needed without needing to move him, thus theoretically actually *extending* their window (so long as Newhook grows as expected)

Given there are other options out there, I can't say I blame them.

No argument from me that a three headed Mackinnon/Miller/Kadri monster down the middle wouldn't be a force to be reckoned with however

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Thank you I appreciate it.

I'd also like to correct you. "Millers salary" is incorrect grammar. It should be noted as " Miller's salary" to show ownership of said subject.

Nitpicking someone who forgot a ' is WEAK when you kept mention JT Miller and his 4.4m slary when it was nearly 1m more...most Canuck fans know what his cap hit is, your the only one I have ever seen mention sub 5m and 2.2m @ 50% retained.

Canucks are NOT retaining 50% salary unless its a massive overpayment that no team will give them this year. Retain next TDL sure, but not for another entire year would go against wat Grandpa Jim and the new GM have said about being up against the cap while NOT being a playoff team

Reactions: Buresflyingelbow

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019

Fans are usually very short sighted and put too much emphasis on potentials. They often forget the end game is to win the cup.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Honestly if I was Sakic I would do anything to put the Avs over the top just to make sure they have everything they need to win the cup. Its something that should be done when you are in your contending window while Kadri is still signed. In a salary cap world that window will close pretty soon so its a mistake by Sakic to be conservative now. The Avs have the goalie and have the awesome depth in D, so why not upgrade the middle to a cup winning level? Miller, Kadri and Mac down the middle will wreak havoc on any team they face, trust me. Also Miller can be used as a winger, center and is obe of the best faceoff guys in the league, not to mention ability to play on PP and PK too. This guy is similar to a Ryan O'Reilly type of player and he can play a huge role in Avs winning the cup. Swapping Newhook for 2 years of Miller is a huge upgrade.

Mark me down as a Canuck fan that understands that players like Newhook, Laf, etc are off the table and for good reason. I understand the Rags reluctance to trade Schneider as well, but he is in that tier of prospect that makes sense for Miller top 15-20 league wide prospect. I think the deal should include 2 other pieces (a 1st and a 50-75 ranked prospect would be my shoot for the stars ask), but some Canuck fans need to back off the Laf + Schneider + posts - that is only going to evoke a rage response and isn't realistic. If you can't come up with a reasonable comparable there is probably a reason (Coleman getting Foote and a 1st isn't a reasonable comparable - Foote was considered a reach at the end of the 1st round in his draft year - not exactly elite prospect level). Typically elite prospects are not traded unless there is other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad