Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Canuck fans giving me Island Boy vibes right about now.

62zn5f.jpg
bro, you're taking these posts way too seriously

Plus who the hell cares, this thread doesn't mean shit. Drury and Rutherford/Allvin are handling trade talks, not us lol

I could offer you Miller at 50% retained for Georgiev right now if that helps you feel better

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
price is now 3 firsts+2 roster players + a young player

Miller should net the Nucks infinite 1sts.

FOREVER.

NYR’s will never possess a 1st again. All of them are permanently included for 1.5 years of JTM. But only if NY includes Schneider, Kakko, Laf, and Shesty @50%.

JTM is obviously the most talented and valued asset to ever hit the market.

200.gif

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
:dunce:
I accept, thank you.
Wait……?!

You would actually accept this? There’s at least, another 12-14 assets that the Rangers should include for 1.5 years of JTM.

You’re obviously a noob here. 1.5 years of JTM is clearly worthy of Crosby or Ovy at 50z% during their prime.

:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Miller has a hat trick, 4 point night, 43 points in 41 games, price has gone up. NYR better pay up for Miller, this is not some crappy player, he is a 1st line player with term and good salary. I now want a 1st, 2nd, Schneider and Lunkvist for Miller. He is our best player and top center and wont be cheap.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Miller >>>>>>> Schneider
Miller >>>>>>>Schneider + 2022 1st (25 to 32 OA)
Miller >>>>>>> Schneider, Othmann and a 2022 1st is close

None of those pieces help the Rangers with a Stanley Cup in the next 2 years

Now, if you want to argue, sure we will help with retention, and maybe Motte
But you will owe us for that too!
That is how good Miller is! And that is how close you guys are to a cup.......damned close!

And no body will get you any closer to the cup before Panarin and Kreider start to decline
Because cap will stall you out!

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Miller >>>>>>> Schneider
Miller >>>>>>>Schneider + 2022 1st (25 to 32 OA)
Miller >>>>>>> Schneider, Othmann and a 2022 1st is close

None of those pieces help the Rangers with a Stanley Cup in the next 2 years

Now, if you want to argue, sure we will help with retention, and maybe Motte
But you will owe us for that too!
That is how good Miller is! And that is how close you guys are to a cup.......damned close!

And no body will get you any closer to the cup before Panarin and Kreider start to decline
Because cap will stall you out!

If you think the Rangers are damn close to a cup then you have no idea about anything about our team.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Colorado:

Newhook

for

Vancouver

Miller @50%

Is this fair? Who adds if it's not?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
See usually, acquiring talent that makes your team better at a significantly excellent price actually helps with things like cap crunches.

Near as I can see you could load up and make a legit run this year, and then have Miller replace Strome next year which means you don't lose out on talent level, and the difference between Strome's cap this year and Miller's cap next year helps cover Zibanejad's raise.

Oh, my friend, if only that were true and it were that easy!

As I have explained prior,
Strome + Geo + Nemeth + Hajek + recovery of Hank 1.5 buyout = 11m+
which covers, with no additional wriggle room, the 11m+ add for Zib + Fox.

Miller thus CAN NOT be an upgrade substitute to Strome, who's only choices for NYR are be stupid and self rent or deal him for picks w'no cap hit.

The only way Miller can otherwise come to NY is we do some kind of package which adds the only body we have which makes sense to move, with value, which does not have nmc/ntc: Lindgren, and in consideration of that, Miller comes at half.

But there is only 1 prob with THAT.
we likely need to deal Lindgren's 3 x 3 to create stopgap funding for Kakko + LaF + other contracts while we wait for Trouba's nmc to expire and in dealing we can recover most of his 8m, replacing him with Schneider.
If we include Lindgren to get Miller, we don't have his salary for this ^ use, which is another set of problems not worth it.

We could do this, but then have to flip Miller at 2.5 or whatev half is after the season. Too much, too crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad