Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
as I believe I have specified in earlier posts, the issue is not value, but currency, and that NY has excruciating cap crunch beg. next season. Adding Miller can not happen w/o trading someone and there is no one to trade b'c almost everybody besides Lindgren has a nmc/ntc. And then, as I've said, if we deal Lindgren as part of a package to get Miller at half, we have zero $ for Kakko, LaF etc.
be careful with the veiled condescension I give as good as I get
that said, make love, not war ... if you can.

See usually, acquiring talent that makes your team better at a significantly excellent price actually helps with things like cap crunches.

Near as I can see you could load up and make a legit run this year, and then have Miller replace Strome next year which means you don't lose out on talent level, and the difference between Strome's cap this year and Miller's cap next year helps cover Zibanejad's raise.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
as I believe I have specified in earlier posts, the issue is not value, but currency, and that NY has excruciating cap crunch beg. next season. Adding Miller can not happen w/o trading someone and there is no one to trade b'c almost everybody besides Lindgren has a nmc/ntc. And then, as I've said, if we deal Lindgren as part of a package to get Miller at half, we have zero $ for Kakko, LaF etc.
be careful with the veiled condescension I give as good as I get
that said, make love, not war ... if you can.

You don't need to tear the team down to afford Miller at a possible 2.5 million cap hit :laugh:

good cap hit + good player + 2 playoff runs = high value

It's a simple equation did you not pass math?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Miller with another goal tonight, he’s playing absolutely spectacular right now, man

Reactions: David71

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Ffs I don't want to give up Schneider for him but I'm guessing a deal would have to hurt...

Schneider + 1st + another piece would definitely hurt... I wouldn't feel great about that trade if it happened rn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad