GDT: Official Draft Day Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Well, we got 2 mid-late 1sts and 4 mid-level prospects/projects for two star players at the deadline, I think everyone is a little scared.

I haven't seen Lindholm play, but Backstrom isn't some soft playmaker, he does a lot of work along the boards/in the corner.

Gritty is not a word I'd use to describe Backstrom, finesse would be. Lindholm has a good combination of both, hence the Forsberg comparison's. Having said that, if people people expected him to be able to produce with that kind of upside he'd be going #1.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Gritty is not a word I'd use to describe Backstrom, finesse would be. Lindholm has a good combination of both, hence the Forsberg comparison's. Having said that, if people people expected him to be able to produce with that kind of upside he'd be going #1.
yeah its kind of a catch 22. They expect him to play like (in style) Forsberg but closer to the level of Backstrom

Maybe a prime Mikael Renberg would be a better comparison?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
some draft changes this year

- Teams must make their trades prior to being on the clock. Once the 5 minute clock has started they cannot trade the pick.
- Prospects in attendance are only allowed 3 guests with them in the seats during the selection process, this will seriously reduce the hugging and thus make the draft quicker.

As per Millions on twitter.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
yeah its kind of a catch 22. They expect him to play like (in style) Forsberg but closer to the level of Backstrom

Maybe a prime Mikael Renberg would be a better comparison?

Yes I'd say that's definitely an accurate one. I'd be super happy with Monahan too. They both offer a lot and would be a huge addition to our team. I'd just slighty prefer Lindholm because I think his offensive ceiling is a little higher, he's a good playmaker and I like the fact he'll throw a big hit.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That is probably true :laugh:

Sorry I gave you that shot I just couldn't resist.

Anyway I am extremely hopeful for Lindholm,Gauthier/Pulock,Hartman

Np, I like our back and forths.

Personally I've gone to:
Lindholm, Hagg and Morrissey
or
Lindholm, Morrissey and Zykov
or
Lindholm, Hartman, Hagg/Morrissey.

There are a few guys I really want.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The day is finally here! By far the most significant draft from a flames POV I've ever watched.. Looks like works slow too so I might not have to avoid HF an watch the recording!, catch er live!

GO Flames GO

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Np, I like our back and forths.

Personally I've gone to:
Lindholm, Hagg and Morrissey
or
Lindholm, Morrissey and Zykov
or
Lindholm, Hartman, Hagg/Morrissey.

There are a few guys I really want.

I really love Hagg but I think he need a top offensive defenseman and I think Poluock is the right guy.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
There are a few D-men out in the 17-40 range that I'd be happy with. Can't wait for one today lol.

Pulock is another man crush of mine, he was amazing last year and tied for his teams lead in points this year. He also had 14 goals the team lead was 18 :laugh:

He is just such a great offensive defenseman and would be a great pp qb for years for us.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
gary lawless ‏@garylawless 5m
Been told to keep an eye on #nhljets and flames. Cheveldayoff and Feaster have lots of picks and could do some spot swapping #bn

Dunno who this guy is but still interesting to note.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Been told to keep an eye on #nhljets and flames. Cheveldayoff and Feaster have lots of picks and could do some spot swapping #bn

He has like 11 followers, I don't think he is a legit source :laugh:

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Well wont post much today unless of course we somehow hit a home run.

Here's to: Lindholm, Erne and Morrissy.

Have a great draft day Flames fans!

Trae

Calgary
Please please let Barkov slip to 6th. That's all.

I think he goes top 3 ahead of Drouin and possibly Jones. Just have a feeling Tampa/Florida would rather a Center and all these guys are close in skill. And since Jones is highly unlikely to drop out of the top 3, Drouin goes 4th or 5th.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

Probably not involving our 6th pick. Feaster probably trying to move up to 13.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
You missed a few 0s there my friend. 11000 followers, and I think he writes for some newspaper in Winnipeg.
someone with the same name was linked to the flames nation twitter and it had 11 followers :laugh:

J Murda

Oct 1, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Hope you all enjoy your Draught Day as much as I intend to. It's the most exciting day for the Flames in a long time, I just hope the Feast doesn't blow it. I trust he will pick us a couple gems though.

May your beers flow like the Bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad