GDT: Official Draft Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlflamesfan

Nov 23, 2010
I'm fairly confident it would be. It scares me, but Seguin is a stud. I'd be cautiously okay with this.

I am still hesitant to be willing to make the deal, but it is very tempting. I would hate to see Gaudreau go though.

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
alright as long as gaudreau is not involved and seguin is still better then the 6th overall pick in 10 years i'm happy

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
If somehow we could do Gudreau + Gio/Glenny + 22nd... I wanna keep 6th.

Not sure if Barkov/Mackinnon > Seguin

I can see Feaster package 6th and Gio for 3rd or 4th.

So Barkov vs Seguin?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I will be pretty upset if we make this deal after Feaster guaranteed that we would be drafting no worse than 6th. I know that Seguin's availability alters the situation, but still... I'm not totally sure that Seguin is better for us than the 6th overall pick.

I'm nervous about this deal. I think I'd be happier just drafting where we are and waiting for this kind of trade until we have a core in place.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Seriously guys.. We can only hope Lindholm or Monohan progress and have the same potential as Seguin.. It's like getting one of them but a couple years down the road and ready to go. Seguin and Sven would be absolutely dynamic.. That could definitely start to match up to Edmontons young guns

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Acquiring Seguin would certainly put an interesting spin on the battle of Alberta. But I don't think the Flames can afford to give up the 6th and Gaudreau, if the speculation is true.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
This is making me nervous. Just take one of Monahan/Lindholm. They have that defensive aspect to their game. Those elite two-way guys are who you win Cups with.

Trae

Calgary
I don't think Seguin gets moved, and I don't think we trade our pick. Stick to the plan, draft Lindholm/Monahan, maybe trade the 28th for a couple second rounders, call it a day.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Guys you do realize the system Boston plays? They are all about playing defence first and generating offence from turnovers. Seguin is a total stud and would do exceptional under Hartley and he's ready to breakout now. Not in the 3-4 seasons that Lindholm or Monahan would. We could only hope those guys would become the player that Seguin is on the cusp of reaching.

I hate to say this, but JG is somewhat expendable in our organization because we have more comparable players to him. We have no one like Seguin. The 6th and JG would sting to give up and I've actually been getting giddy over drafting Lindholm, but I think Seguin is a sure thing and that's a trade you have to make. My only worry is his hip.

Caser

RUSProspects @ gmail. com
May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
Russian sports media rsport.ru reported today that Valentin Zykov had additional interview with Calgary before the draft

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Seriously guys.. We can only hope Lindholm or Monohan progress and have the same potential as Seguin.. It's like getting one of them but a couple years down the road and ready to go. Seguin and Sven would be absolutely dynamic.. That could definitely start to match up to Edmontons young guns
Exactly this.

Acquiring Seguin would certainly put an interesting spin on the battle of Alberta. But I don't think the Flames can afford to give up the 6th and Gaudreau, if the speculation is true.
What? How can the Flames afford not to? My god dude, Seguin is everything we want the #6 pick to be in 3 years and more. I love Gaudreau but he is still a long shot. The Flames would be stupid to pass on such a move if it was available.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
For my friends wondering about TV coverage.

In Canada: TSN will have the entire draft [via Bob MacKenzie' Twitter]
In the USA: NBCSN will have coverage until about 6pm MT then it will switch the NHL Network. US TV will have the TSN feed! [via Bob MacKenzie's Twitter]
In Sweden: there is no TV coverage [via Mikael Backlund's Twitter]

No word on elsewhere yet

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Listened to Conroy on an interview where he discussed Monahan, Nichushkin, and Lindholm.

Not that it means lots, but he had the best things to say about Monahan. He loves that he's a center, his all around game, his size, and his attitude. He said Monahan is a player you win with. And his coach had nothing but great things to say about him.

He acknowledged that Nichushkin has a Rick Nash comparison, but said he doesn't view him as a Malkin caliber prospect. Talked about how skilled he was, but also mentioned that he's a defensive liability currently and the language would be an initial issue and they don't have any current Russians to help with that. He did say he is very exciting.

He said Lindholm is really interesting. He likes his skill, his grit, his playmaking ability. He said in the war room there was one Forsberg comparison that got squashed quick because there's only one Forsberg. He said they view him more of a Backstrom type of player. Conroy admitted how's he gritty and will go into the corners to get the puck, so I don't see the Backstrom comparison other than their skill set.

Based on what he said, I'm not expecting them to pick Nichushkin. I personally think it's between Lindholm and Monahan. I'm hoping, that because he was a little more reserved on Lindholm that means he's their target.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Am I the only one genuinely scared of what Feaster might do today?

Well, we got 2 mid-late 1sts and 4 mid-level prospects/projects for two star players at the deadline, I think everyone is a little scared.

He said they view him more of a Backstrom type of player. Conroy admitted how's he gritty and will go into the corners to get the puck, so I don't see the Backstrom comparison other than their skill set.

I haven't seen Lindholm play, but Backstrom isn't some soft playmaker, he does a lot of work along the boards/in the corner.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Listened to Conroy on an interview where he discussed Monahan, Nichushkin, and Lindholm.

Not that it means lots, but he had the best things to say about Monahan. He loves that he's a center, his all around game, his size, and his attitude. He said Monahan is a player you win with. And his coach had nothing but great things to say about him.

He acknowledged that Nichushkin has a Rick Nash comparison, but said he doesn't view him as a Malkin caliber prospect. Talked about how skilled he was, but also mentioned that he's a defensive liability currently and the language would be an initial issue and they don't have any current Russians to help with that. He did say he is very exciting.

He said Lindholm is really interesting. He likes his skill, his grit, his playmaking ability. He said in the war room there was one Forsberg comparison that got squashed quick because there's only one Forsberg. He said they view him more of a Backstrom type of player. Conroy admitted how's he gritty and will go into the corners to get the puck, so I don't see the Backstrom comparison other than their skill set.

Based on what he said, I'm not expecting them to pick Nichushkin. I personally think it's between Lindholm and Monahan. I'm hoping, that because he was a little more reserved on Lindholm that means he's their target.

What a disrespect don't you agree Volica. :naughty:

All kidding aside I think we try to trade for Seguin, move up to get Barkov, or take Lindholm. But I would love to get my man crush Monahan.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well, we got 2 mid-late 1sts and 4 mid-level prospects/projects for two star players at the deadline, I think everyone is a little scared.
only if you bought into the media when they talked about the possible returns for those players. The returns are nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Especially when the only 4 firsts were moved @ this years deadline, which is a pretty low count. And there was only 1 team that seriously overpaid for anyone IMO and that was the Wild with Pomminville.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What a disrespect don't you agree Volica. :naughty:

All kidding aside I think we try to trade for Seguin, move up to get Barkov, or take Lindholm. But I would love to get my man crush Monahan.

True story :laugh:
Disrespected.

By the way, Conroy only likes Monahan because it probably reminds him, of him. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad