GDT: Official Draft Day Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
you guys need to take your ****ing negativity elsewhere. it is getting old and really ****ing tiring. stop your *****ing about feaster for 1 day and just enjoy the ride

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
you guys need to take your ****ing negativity elsewhere. it is getting old and really ****ing tiring. stop your *****ing about feaster for 1 day and just enjoy the ride

I don't agree with you on a lot of things but I definitely second this! I've been pretty much purposely avoiding this board the last week because it kills my draft excitement lol. Everyone needs to lighten up

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Quick question, why is this years draft not split into 2 days like every other year?

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Gritty is not a word I'd use to describe Backstrom, finesse would be. Lindholm has a good combination of both, hence the Forsberg comparison's. Having said that, if people people expected him to be able to produce with that kind of upside he'd be going #1.

Backstrom was also compared a lot to Forsberg prior to being drafted. It's just the way people always project the prospects, Swedes get compared to past star Swedes, Russians to past star Russians, etc.

Forsberg was an anamoly of a player though. Forsberg was like Crosby on steroids in the corners and along the boards.

I could be wrong but I think Lawless is similar to an Eric Francis.

He's the **** disturber that keeps trying to get Winnipeg to hate Kane, so probably.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Quick question, why is the draft starting so early this year? Doesn't it usually begin at about 5pm?
2 days worth of picks squished into 1.

Usually 1st round is Friday evening. Then 2-7 starting Saturday morning

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Quick question, why is the draft starting so early this year? Doesn't it usually begin at about 5pm?

In most of the past, usually it started on Saturday with just the first 2-3 rounds, and then the draft would finish on Sunday.

In recent years, they've had the 1st round happen on the Friday night, and the rest happen on Saturday.

This (having the draft all on one day + on Sunday) is something completely different than they've done before.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hope you all enjoy your Draught Day as much as I intend to. It's the most exciting day for the Flames in a long time, I just hope the Feast doesn't blow it. I trust he will pick us a couple gems though.

May your beers flow like the Bow.

Into my basement...?

Well, I am drinking in my basement :laugh:

I'm pumped and feeling positive, going to give Feaster the benefit of the doubt for now and see how it all unfolds.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
You know its getting bad when the most negative poster on the board (No offense AH) is telling you to lighten the hell up. :laugh:
I'm closer to the biggest *******. I rarely put down our players, GM and I try to find positives in our trades. :laugh:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I'm going to enjoy a little Blue Jays action before the draft coverage starts :nod:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
That's a pretty bad contract. Granted, Campbell got 7.14 a while back in a smaller cap.

Yea and he got traded for Olsez(who played in the ahl this year) just to get rid of his contract. They could have gotten ransom for him right now, its a terrible move to lock up a defensive liability for that much.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Yea and he got traded for Olsez(who played in the ahl this year) just to get rid of his contract. They could have gotten ransom for him right now, its a terrible move to lock up a defensive liability for that much.
I said it when Gonchar was signed and will again now.

Wideman's deal is looking pretty good right now.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I said it when Gonchar was signed and will again now.

Wideman's deal is looking pretty good right now.

Yea we overpaid a bit but at least we don't expect our offensive defense man to be our #1 defense man. Wideman is a solid #4 defense man(defensively) and a great pp qb. I love that we got him.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I played it all through high school but watching it is just painful. You should check out the Uruguay vs Italy soccer game on cbc its a great game.
Yeah I can't watch soccer, so where is that paint drying channel? :laugh: I can't watch Tennis or Golf either and love playing both

to each their own though right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad