GDT: Official Draft Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I don't want us to deal for Seguin since I'm almost certain that would involve us sending Gaudreau, the 6th overall, or both... no go, in my opinion.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Holy **** THE blogger? That guy is never wrong :laugh:

971386_681963368499786_1071042577_n.jpg

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
@ Hud, that would be amazing. Boston may be the one Eastern team I can see him going to as his style of play and system really favours his game. Plus he would have an amazing chance at the Cup there and we are rebuilding. I think Calgary adds something to that, but I'd die if we pulled that off.

Trae

Calgary
Leaning towards Lindholm over Monahan but I'll put this as my official prediction:

Colorado: MacKinnon
Florida: Barkov
Tampa: Jones
Nashville: Drouin
Carolina: Nichushkin
Calgary: Monahan

Edmonton trades their pick

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Leaning towards Lindholm over Monahan but I'll put this as my official prediction:

Colorado: MacKinnon
Florida: Barkov
Tampa: Jones
Nashville: Drouin
Carolina: Nichushkin
Calgary: Monahan

Edmonton trades their pick

I thinkwe take the more offensive Lindholm.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I don't want us to deal for Seguin since I'm almost certain that would involve us sending Gaudreau, the 6th overall, or both... no go, in my opinion.

I agree. It reminds me of Burke trading for Kessle. He said at the time he wasn't interested in a 5 year rebuild, ironically enough

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Looks like we are building a deal around the 6th and Gaudreau.

I would assume it wont be announced until after the 5th pick to see who is still on the board (incase Jones or Barkov or Drouin somehow slip).

So don't be surprised if Gary steps up to the podium for pick #6 and says "we have a trade to announce"

Gulp.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I would assume it wont be announced until after the 5th pick to see who is still on the board (incase Jones or Barkov or Drouin somehow slip).

So don't be surprised if Gary steps up to the podium for pick #6 and says "we have a trade to announce"

Gulp.

Based on what?

stlflamesfan

Nov 23, 2010

Gulp.

Part of me wants to get Seguin, but another part is afraid of what the price will be. I am partially willing to accept a deal around Seguin if it was only the 6th and Gaudreau. I would not want to give more then that, and not sure if this would be enough to even get him.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I could see the 6th straight up for Seguin, plus some other futures. I think Gaudreau is speculated just because he's play in Boston/only prospect of ours that Bruins fans/commentators know of.

I realize Seguin was drafted 2nd a few years ago, but he's now Seguin with a $5.75m cap hit with the cap going down next season. Versus getting a guy at #6 on a cheap ELC. If Boston isn't convinced of Seguin's long-term potential, it might be the best time to move him to maximize value and also allowing them to improve other parts of their team (or retain Horton) with the $$ saved.

BTW, Feaster, this would be a good "use" of our available cap space, not randomly throwing numbers on the wall ala Wideman.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Just twitter chatter, don't think anyone too credible has reported on it yet though.

No its not to do with flameholics thread AH.

Makes sense though.
sometimes people believe those threads, I am glad you didn't fall into the trap :laugh:

I also just realized from reading CP over the last few days that TylerSVT used to be on Calgary puck and was perma banned for overreacting during the draft last year. So tomorrow could get interesting.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
sometimes people believe those threads, I am glad you didn't fall into the trap :laugh:

I also just realized from reading CP over the last few days that TylerSVT used to be on Calgary puck and was perma banned for overreacting during the draft last year. So tomorrow could get interesting.

Lolz.

Depending on what happens tomorrow I might get perma-banned.

Can a mod confirm if I would be banned for swearing 10x more profusely than I usually do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad