Official Apple Thread (Apple iPhone Event) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Nobody mentions the Product Red iPhone being released... interesting.

Already seen quite a few with it. I'm content with my matte black 7 Plus... :darth:

Most folks like to protect their $800 investment with a case. For the most part, phone color doesn't matter.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Most folks like to protect their $800 investment with a case. For the most part, phone color doesn't matter.

I think you'd be surprised how much it matters to 'most folks' --- for example visit iMore and there's threads upon threads of people who will only go for one certain color. There's also a lot of threads about not putting a case on it.

Another reason why certain colors sell up 10x faster than others.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I think you'd be surprised how much it matters to 'most folks' --- for example visit iMore and there's threads upon threads of people who will only go for one certain color. There's also a lot of threads about not putting a case on it.

Another reason why certain colors sell up 10x faster than others.

iMore is weird - Rene Ritchie and his followers are the embodiment of everything that is ****ed up about North American culture. They literally worship Apple. He did an actual review of a color of an iPhone. Apple will always bring out one new color every year, just so that these weirdos can show everyone they know that they do in fact have the newest iPhone. It was gloss black, now it's red, next release it will be blue.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
iMore is weird - Rene Ritchie and his followers are the embodiment of everything that is ****ed up about North American culture. They literally worship Apple. He did an actual review of a color of an iPhone. Apple will always bring out one new color every year, just so that these weirdos can show everyone they know that they do in fact have the newest iPhone. It was gloss black, now it's red, next release it will be blue.

Lol... I don't even know what to say to this. People are weird because they have a preference in one color over the next? C'mon man..

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Lol... I don't even know what to say to this. People are weird because they have a preference in one color over the next? C'mon man..

No, my point is that these devotees only want the new colour because it shows everyone that they have the newest iPhone. They get all giddy about a new colour the way Android owners get giddy about new actual features. It's hilarious.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If I wasn't so entrenched into the Apple Ecosystem, I probably would switch. Apple feels really limited.

I stick around mostly because of iMessage and knowing when I don't have "Android system" wakelock issues draining my battery on idle.

It also helps that there are Apple stores for quick service if there's any issues compared to needing support from other Android OEMs.

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
It depends on if they can do them without phone issues. Minimal bezel isn't always great. I am not sure I'd want a zero-bezel phone, frankly.

i agree that there may be problems with accidental touches from holding the phone. But the phone doesnt have to be bezel less. I think they've proven with the last several phones that they dont need a home button. The rumors of having the fingerprint sensor as part of the screen is interesting

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The s8 is the s8. The iPhone just needs to improve and it will do fine. To me, the messaging and ecosystem are the most important and I see zero need to switch from those things.
Agreed. Apple does what it does better than anyone else. I'm sure they'll continue to innovate in ways others never thought to. That's the fun in following Apple's product rumours and launches.
Plus, older phones like my 6 Plus still feel remarkably current. There's no real penalty for not owning the newest devices.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I was kind of missing my iPhone 6s Plus this week until I was on the bus Tuesday and saw someone struggle to reach the corner of their screen.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Got rid of my fitbit and I picked up the Apple Watch 2. I had some gift cards for what you can spend on a watch a pretty good deal.

If you are interesting in complimenting your Phone and fitness tracking it's a good buy. If you are not in to fitness I don't see the point as much.

I find both the fitbit and Apple watch to be inconsistent and high intensity workouts with HR. The fitbit won't read at all sometimes.

I love the built in GPS on the watch. Tracking full runs and music without your phone. Apple's proprietary fitness software could be better but 3rd party Aps synch with the health ap.

I do like the alerts and I find myself leaving my phone away from me now at home.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
i agree that there may be problems with accidental touches from holding the phone. But the phone doesnt have to be bezel less. I think they've proven with the last several phones that they dont need a home button. The rumors of having the fingerprint sensor as part of the screen is interesting

I actually like the current side bezels. I just would prefer ditching the top and bottom bezels as much as they can.

If they can do that, I'd love it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I love the design. The reason I sold my 6s+ was because of the 6.2" (maybe more) body to hold the 5.5" screen, but if Apple could release a 5.5" screen in a 5.7" or 5.8" body I'd jump right back to the plus models.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I was kind of missing my iPhone 6s Plus this week until I was on the bus Tuesday and saw someone struggle to reach the corner of their screen.

I love the design. The reason I sold my 6s+ was because of the 6.2" (maybe more) body to hold the 5.5" screen, but if Apple could release a 5.5" screen in a 5.7" or 5.8" body I'd jump right back to the plus models.

You're still going to have this issue with the larger screen, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad