Official Apple Thread (Apple iPhone Event) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Apparently they're packing a 2700mAh battery into the smaller iPhone for this year. That's actually nuts. Imagine what the larger variant(s) will get.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Rumor is Qi charging for next iPhone. Lol.

I'm going to take a wild stab at it:
$99 US for the proprietary Qi stand, available in four different Apple colours. Built-in "always-on" functionality for your iPhone 7S as it charges overnight. Also magnetic, so people can take many stupid videos of themselves shaking their docks around without the iPhone falling off, much like they shake their heads with their AirPods in.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Probably going to sell my 6s+ before May to get as much value as I can before the new phones are announced and the value drops by $100 -- kind of stumped on whether I want to upgrade to the regular 7 or updated (at the next event) SE though.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm going to take a wild stab at it:
$99 US for the proprietary Qi stand, available in four different Apple colours. Built-in "always-on" functionality for your iPhone 7S as it charges overnight. Also magnetic, so people can take many stupid videos of themselves shaking their docks around without the iPhone falling off, much like they shake their heads with their AirPods in.
Speaking of those charging docks do you need to have the Wi-Fi on when charging the phone? Ever since I had an iPhone 5 and now 6s I have used the regular charger that I plug into the wall, along with my car charger that I also plug in. This coming November I'm 99% going to upgrade to the 7s or 8 depending on the name it gets and personally I would like to charge it the way I described. Plus in the past I noticed if I charged my iPhone with the Wi-Fi already on it will automatically start downloading the latest iOS version, so I make sure my Wi-Fi is off when charging it at home or if I'm travelling and staying in hotels.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Speaking of those charging docks do you need to have the Wi-Fi on when charging the phone? Ever since I had an iPhone 5 and now 6s I have used the regular charger that I plug into the wall, along with my car charger that I also plug in. This coming November I'm 99% going to upgrade to the 7s or 8 depending on the name it gets and personally I would like to charge it the way I described. Plus in the past I noticed if I charged my iPhone with the Wi-Fi already on it will automatically start downloading the latest iOS version, so I make sure my Wi-Fi is off when charging it at home or if I'm travelling and staying in hotels.

You don't have to keep the wifi on. The phone shouldn't automatically download the latest updates unless you allow it in Settings. But it will nag you to, relentlessly, every day.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Being a long time android user and now using an Iphone 7s 256gb, I have no qualms about the phone at all. I don't think I will get the 8 either unless the phone is just flat out mind blowing, in which case if I do sell my phone, I am sure I can still get a damn good return on it. Which I am thankful for.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Being a long time android user and now using an Iphone 7s 256gb, I have no qualms about the phone at all. I don't think I will get the 8 either unless the phone is just flat out mind blowing, in which case if I do sell my phone, I am sure I can still get a damn good return on it. Which I am thankful for.
My bro has the iPhone 6 Plus

It works great, it's super smooth, and its battery is much better than my Galaxy S6's, but holy **** I can't get back into iOS

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
bought an ipad mini 2 from apple education store yesterday for my dad

he uses it for pretty basic stuff. felt like it was worth 100$ more to get a mini 2 than a samsung tab a or e from bestbuy.

i know they are upgrading soon, but not sure if mini 2 will get an update anyway.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Down/upgraded from a 64 GB iPhone 6s Plus to a 128 GB iPhone 6s... I forgot how nice it was to text one handed without having to tilt the phone in certain directions.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Down/upgraded from a 64 GB iPhone 6s Plus to a 128 GB iPhone 6s... I forgot how nice it was to text one handed without having to tilt the phone in certain directions.

Good move. I want to downsize as well, but I'm just not jazzed at the 750p screen at the moment. I was hoping that the Android industry's move toward eliminating bezels would result in smaller phones, but they're simply keeping the same pixel density and going towards a wider aspect ratio, which sucks. Hoping Apple ups the pixel density of the regular iPhone 7S this fall. I wouldn't mind if they kept the front Touch ID "button" either, just bump it up to 1080p.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The screen on this phone doesn't bother me at all tbh. Initially it was one of the reasons I went with the plus, but I don't really notice the difference compared to the plus.

Plus, I can type one handed again!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Nobody mentions the Product Red iPhone being released... interesting.

Already seen quite a few with it. I'm content with my matte black 7 Plus... :darth:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Nobody mentions the Product Red iPhone being released... interesting.

Already seen quite a few with it. I'm content with my matte black 7 Plus... :darth:

Smart people on here. It's just a color. Apple really doesn't have any tricks up their sleeve. The iPad and iPhone SE refreshes were also not noteworthy. I expect an iPhone 7S in the fall, and an expensive-as-hell iPhone Anniversary Edition too. But nothing great. An OLED screen? Wireless charging? VR headset? Yawn.

I caved and ordered AirPods, haha. Don't need a new phone, don't want an iPad, but I've been thinking that the AirPods are so incredibly practical that I'll be using them all the time. Corded earbuds are just a nuisance, the charging case is a great borrow from other products, and the lightning charge port on the case sold it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I want the Beats X or Powerbeats 3.

Also, the new Galaxy S8 is looking like an absolute beast so Apple better not skip out on something big in September and opt to do a smaller 7s release instead of the big 10-year anniversary phone.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I want the Beats X or Powerbeats 3.

Also, the new Galaxy S8 is looking like an absolute beast so Apple better not skip out on something big in September and opt to do a smaller 7s release instead of the big 10-year anniversary phone.

I tried the Bluetooth neckband thing with a pair of Monster iSport buds, and the only way to get comfortable was to dangle the cord in front of my neck. Trying to wear them as suggested behind my head resulted in the buds being tugged out of my ears. Maybe the Beats products you mention are engineered better.

I've grown up jogging with a cassette Walkman, CD discman with skipping, iPod Classic with skipping, iPod in a pocket, iPhone on an arm sleeve with corded buds, Apple Watch with Bluetooth buds...Apple Watch with AirPods seems like the final evolution. Sounds like the same tech is in the pairs you're looking at, though.

I don't think Apple can compete on features. I bet they simply win again based on customers' investment in their ecosystem. I'm locked in to iTunes Match, Find My iPhone (family), iMessage, and app/in-app purchases that won't transfer across to Android. I know most other Apple customers are too. Frustrating that Apple's R&D has gotten lazy lately.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Smart people on here. It's just a color. Apple really doesn't have any tricks up their sleeve. The iPad and iPhone SE refreshes were also not noteworthy. I expect an iPhone 7S in the fall, and an expensive-as-hell iPhone Anniversary Edition too. But nothing great. An OLED screen? Wireless charging? VR headset? Yawn.

I caved and ordered AirPods, haha. Don't need a new phone, don't want an iPad, but I've been thinking that the AirPods are so incredibly practical that I'll be using them all the time. Corded earbuds are just a nuisance, the charging case is a great borrow from other products, and the lightning charge port on the case sold it.

That's the reason I didn't buy them. I'm waiting fir the USB-C model.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I tried the Bluetooth neckband thing with a pair of Monster iSport buds, and the only way to get comfortable was to dangle the cord in front of my neck. Trying to wear them as suggested behind my head resulted in the buds being tugged out of my ears. Maybe the Beats products you mention are engineered better.

I've grown up jogging with a cassette Walkman, CD discman with skipping, iPod Classic with skipping, iPod in a pocket, iPhone on an arm sleeve with corded buds, Apple Watch with Bluetooth buds...Apple Watch with AirPods seems like the final evolution. Sounds like the same tech is in the pairs you're looking at, though.

I don't think Apple can compete on features. I bet they simply win again based on customers' investment in their ecosystem. I'm locked in to iTunes Match, Find My iPhone (family), iMessage, and app/in-app purchases that won't transfer across to Android. I know most other Apple customers are too. Frustrating that Apple's R&D has gotten lazy lately.

I think if people see this awesome Samsung phone and Apple only gives us the iPhone 7s in September it'll make a lot of people consider, and eventually switch.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
That's interesting. Is it because you want everything using the USB-C standard in the future? I heard the next iPhone might still have the lightning port, just with a lightning-to-USB-C cord in the box.

Yes. If Apple puts USB-C in the next iPhone, I'll go out and get one (and the next refreshed MacBook Pro).

I'll still get the iPhone if it has lightning, but I won't be happy about it.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I think if people see this awesome Samsung phone and Apple only gives us the iPhone 7s in September it'll make a lot of people consider, and eventually switch.

I'm not totally impressed with the S8. Scanner on the back and I believe I saw that the battery is not good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad