Official 2024-25 Utah HC Season Discussion.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I see the same logjam at D as we see at W.
I think Szuber and Duda are likely close to NHL caliber and will be ready soon. I don't see any path for them to get a sustained opportunity, without a path being cleared for them.
And you add Simashev next season, you don't want to create a problem in the future and GMBA does not want to treat any player as just a commodity, even with signing players in the past for 1 year, everybody knew beforehand that they were going to be traded by the deadline and accepted it and it wouldn't surprise me if the player had a say in it.
Anyways, I don't think there is a team out there who is into selling right now except maybe SJ.

I do question having to use Sergachev so much on the penalty kill when the team has lost their top 2 RHDs.

Wishing we could acquire Bichsel, but that ain't gonna happen!

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
We could find ourselves having a few players that are ready for and deserve to be in the NHL but have no room for them on the roster. No option but to make trades or hurt their careers by holding them back. That's not treating them like a commodity IMO. That's doing then a solid.

BA didn't flinch at trading Geekie or Moser either. Players expect trades throughout their career so that doesn't worry me much.

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Doan plays very well defensively.

I thought you didn't like guys who get knocked on their ass a bunch.

Just kidding, but I have noticed him losing battles by the net and boards and can struggle with puck control in open ice when he has defenders draped on him. Growing pains for a young kid that is still filling out his frame.

Doan being waiver exempt is a luxury. We should absolutely let him bake down there and be the first call up when needed.

Reactions: Schemp

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
i don't want to send doan to roadrunners, there is a chance he would be too comfortable. grew up there, went to school there, would be easy to get complacent. no issues with his being sent to ahl, just unique circumstance and would prefer him being loaned to another ahl team, in a miserable place that he couldn't wait to leave.

can't imagine any rhd that could take pressure off serge on top pair being waived, may be better to get someone like deangelo to help on the powerplay or a shot blocker like harmonic in a cheap trade. just need a couple role players until durzi returns. marino having back surgery is a bigger concern, need a plan. showcasing ahl guys to other gm's could be helpful in that sense.

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
i don't want to send doan to roadrunners, there is a chance he would be too comfortable. grew up there, went to school there, would be easy to get complacent. no issues with his being sent to ahl, just unique circumstance and would prefer him being loaned to another ahl team, in a miserable place that he couldn't wait to leave.

can't imagine any rhd that could take pressure off serge on top pair being waived, may be better to get someone like deangelo to help on the powerplay or a shot blocker like harmonic in a cheap trade. just need a couple role players until durzi returns. marino having back surgery is a bigger concern, need a plan. showcasing ahl guys to other gm's could be helpful in that sense.

DeAngelo went to Russia. He's also locker room kryptonite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad