Official 2024-25 Utah HC Season Discussion.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I see the same logjam at D as we see at W.
I think Szuber and Duda are likely close to NHL caliber and will be ready soon. I don't see any path for them to get a sustained opportunity, without a path being cleared for them.

It's nice to be loaded! Whatever the need ends up being they've got the currency.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I see the same logjam at D as we see at W.
I think Szuber and Duda are likely close to NHL caliber and will be ready soon. I don't see any path for them to get a sustained opportunity, without a path being cleared for them.
And you add Simashev next season, you don't want to create a problem in the future and GMBA does not want to treat any player as just a commodity, even with signing players in the past for 1 year, everybody knew beforehand that they were going to be traded by the deadline and accepted it and it wouldn't surprise me if the player had a say in it.
Anyways, I don't think there is a team out there who is into selling right now except maybe SJ.

I do question having to use Sergachev so much on the penalty kill when the team has lost their top 2 RHDs.

Wishing we could acquire Bichsel, but that ain't gonna happen!

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
We could find ourselves having a few players that are ready for and deserve to be in the NHL but have no room for them on the roster. No option but to make trades or hurt their careers by holding them back. That's not treating them like a commodity IMO. That's doing then a solid.

BA didn't flinch at trading Geekie or Moser either. Players expect trades throughout their career so that doesn't worry me much.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad