Official 2015 tank thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Ron-Swanson-is-excited.gif

KennyFnPowers*

Holy Crap Balls. I just fell out of my chair...

tumblr_inline_n3e0b8jIsn1rmsakh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Yeah, but what I see watching Edmonton is that when a forward has the puck on the boards, especially around the dot, there is exactly one defender (F or D) chasing him, because everyone else is in a dangerous position, so they're covered. When it's the Sabres, two guys immediately crash the boards, because literally no other Sabres are in scoring position. There'll be a guy behind the net, and a defensemen pinning the board at the blue line. Those two guys are effectively out of the play. No one is near the front of the net, and then the other forward comes zooming in to make it 2 on 2, taking his man with him, so really, it's 3 on 2. It's just bad hockey. And though I recognize that the Sabres are somewhat lacking in the skill department, they are also playing really stupidly.
I haven't seen that many Oilers games, as they're usually playing when it's 4-5 AM over here, but what you're saying certainly makes sense. :)

Our lines are structured in a way that promotes that sort of hockey (Girgs doesn't really contribute anything to an East-West game), but at the same time I'm not sure if it's such a stupid thing, considering we clearly lack the talent offensively to outplay the opponents in a more open game.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
PEzU6Yx.png

We are now officially tied in the race for McDavid. :clap:

(Well, at least according to sportsclubstats.com.)

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Oil win and Isles lose in regulation. Carolina wins. Columbus wins. Amazing night for us. Only way it could have been better is if the Avs/jackets game was a 3 pointer. Not complaining though. Lose Isles lose and win Oilers win! At least get down to 29th by the end of the year, we NEED one of the big 3.

Would be incredible if our luck could actually change and we somehow won the lottery making this all moot. Alas, that just isn't our luck. Blues and Isles currently 23rd and 24th in the league standings. Would be awesome if a few wild card teams made the conference finals bumping their 1sts even higher for us. If both 1sts turn into top 20-22 picks we should definitely be able to package them up near #10.

2014-15 OVERALL NHL RANKINGS
GOALS PER GAME
30th
Overall
GOALS AGAINST
30th
Overall
POWER PLAY PCT
30th
Overall
PENALTY KILL PCT
29th