Official 2015 tank thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Oilers haven't even entered tank mode yet... we're actually trying to win right now. Just wait till we trade Petry and Purcell. Good luck out-tanking that. :sarcasm:

Buffalo has a -75 goal differential (and that's inflated due to shootout wins)

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
WHO is this team beating? WHO? They won't win 5 games the rest of the season. This team gets worse at the trade deadline. Let that set in for a moment. Edmonton and Carolina are playing much better, it is only a amtter of time til the Sabres regain their 30th spot.

:laugh:

This is the NHL. The worst team can beat the best team at any time. The Sabres will go on 2 if not 3 win streaks. We just lost 9 straight games in regulation and we aren't even in last. WE ARENT FINISHING 30th. Very very soon we will win a few games while Edmonton will keep losing like the ECHL caliber franchise they are.

ZeroPT*

This is the NHL. The worst team can beat the best team at any time. The Sabres will go on 2 if not 3 win streaks. We just lost 9 straight games in regulation and we aren't even in last. WE ARENT FINISHING 30th. Very very soon we will win a few games while Edmonton will keep losing like the ECHL caliber franchise they are.

You seem sure about it. Can you gaze into the crystal ball and tell me this weeks lottery numbers?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
We aren't finishing 30th. Say hello to Hanifin or Strome. We have what, One win the last 12-13 games? And yet we are still not in 30th? I hope people realize we are going to go on a few 2-3 game winning streaks. We will be lucky to finish 29th.

Already resigned to the fact we will be picking 3rd at best and most likely 4th or 5th. Thank you franchise crippling useless fluke winning streak a few months back!!!

The flip side of this is that Edmonton won one time in 24 games and yet is only two points behind us. And they actually look like an actual NHL team right now.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I hope people who said the "but the kids are developing" argument realize how stupid that was. A season like this has to result in McEichel. I am sorry but Hanifin, Marner or Strome are not worth this.

It isn't. The season was nowhere near as bleak as it is now. When yu have two guys playing like legitimate top 4 D-men and can't even buy a drink, it's positive. Same with Girgensons.

And again, seeing the positives and recognizing what it could mean is not being against the tank.
Not only is it not stupid, it's not mutually exclusive. Kids can develop, and the team can still happily finish last.

Dearest Arizona,

Suck on this suck.

Suckers.
I HATE the word "suck", as it nearly universally exposes the poor vocabulary of the user when there are ALWAYS more descriptive words which can be used.

But I lol'd at this because of the 3 distinct usages!!!! Bravo!!!!

Technically speaking i believe we have gone from suck to blow
Although watching the Sabres performance this year has been tough to swallow, it will be difficult to stomach not finishing last.

You feel positive emotions?
Gold!!!

The Lottery has been observed in the past by the accounting firm Ernst and Young, which is one of the world's "Big Four" auditing firms. The company is older and much bigger than the NHL, so while I'm sure there have been scandals, I don't see them putting their name and reputation behind fraud like a rigged lottery.

Quoted and bookmarked for posterity! :laugh:
~25 years ago, there were 8, not 4. More competition is always good.

Indeed, they've all had their share of scandals and have endured. And yes, I can easily see the possibility of one of them involved in a rigged lottery. It would be executed by a VERY small group of people total (among all hands involved between firm, league, lottery equipment makers), probably on the order of a dozen or less, with not more than a handful of people knowing the full scheme, and likely no-one knowing all the exact details. The firm gets caught, they simply move out the CEO and a couple others, like Janus did with Tom Bailey.

We aren't finishing 30th. Say hello to Hanifin or Strome. We have what, One win the last 12-13 games? And yet we are still not in 30th? I hope people realize we are going to go on a few 2-3 game winning streaks. We will be lucky to finish 29th.

Already resigned to the fact we will be picking 3rd at best and most likely 4th or 5th. Thank you franchise crippling useless fluke winning streak a few months back!!!
And there's the daily drama, right on cue, like a morning coffee.

Oilers haven't even entered tank mode yet... we're actually trying to win right now. Just wait till we trade Petry and Purcell. Good luck out-tanking that. :sarcasm:
Who is your avatar?

Refill. 2nd cup.

You seem sure about it. Can you gaze into the crystal ball and tell me this weeks lottery numbers?
I have enough money. Tell me something more important - like when is my weiner gonna go limp for good?

Last edited:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Sabres should walk a few hundred yards from the FNC for the annual team photo this year, and not do it on the ice. Here's a perfect setting:

buffalo_naval_park_tank.jpg

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
The world war two drama starring Brad Pitt is truly the inspirational and true telling of the two year trek of the Buffalo Sabres. Enjoy tank infested battles, countless of piling bodies, and other off uses.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
And you watch the Sabres.

You sir are what we call a masochist :laugh:

I certainly knew what I was signing up for. ;)

Doesn't matter too much if you lose by 7 or by 2. It still counts as the same number of points in the standings.

If the Oilers keep gassing third period leads we won't pass the Sabres.

Maybe, but if you keep playing competitive games you'll win some, even if accidentally. Edmonton was impressive last night. They really controlled the play vs one of the top teams in the East.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Indeed, they've all had their share of scandals and have endured. And yes, I can easily see the possibility of one of them involved in a rigged lottery. It would be executed by a VERY small group of people total (among all hands involved between firm, league, lottery equipment makers), probably on the order of a dozen or less, with not more than a handful of people knowing the full scheme, and likely no-one knowing all the exact details. The firm gets caught, they simply move out the CEO and a couple others, like Janus did with Tom Bailey.
Plausible, but I guess I have some doe-eye naivety yet. Epic multiquote, b_g.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Maybe, but are you that naive to think that the rest of the bottom teams won't go on Winning streaks? If Buffalo can go on winning streaks so can any other team. We're currently 2 points....2 freakin' points from 30th place. Edmonton hasn't exactly done well, and they are only 2 points behind after that 10-3 streak of ours. There is a whole lot of hockey left and we haven't even started to make moves to influence the standings. Others have.

Watching the Sabres play, we're the worst team by a mile. Statistics indicate we're the worst team by a mile. We will be in last place by the end of the year. When it comes to the Lottery, and who wins it, well that's a different story.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Running that simulator really shows how awful the lottery is for Buffalo this year. Only having a ~5% greater chance at winning over some teams who are still in playoff contention right now is disheartening. I'm with 1972 on this... anything less than finishing 30th overall is not acceptable for the way the team is playing. Hanifin and Marner are not special enough to justify being twice as bad possession wise as the second worst corsi team in the league. People can say that Hanifin will be our Doughty and we're following the Kings model but wake me up when two players like Richards and Carter will be available in the same season and with no trade clauses for either player.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Maybe, but are you that naive to think that the rest of the bottom teams won't go on Winning streaks? If Buffalo can go on winning streaks so can any other team. We're currently 2 points....2 freakin' points from 30th place. Edmonton hasn't exactly done well, and they are only 2 points behind after that 10-3 streak of ours. There is a whole lot of hockey left and we haven't even started to make moves to influence the standings. Others have.

Watching the Sabres play, we're the worst team by a mile. Statistics indicate we're the worst team by a mile. We will be in last place by the end of the year. When it comes to the Lottery, and who wins it, well that's a different story.

Wrong!!! Bad things only happen to buffalo, so despite all evidence to the contrary, buffalo will go on at least two big winning streaks, while Edmonton will end the season with 50 points.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia

I'm squarely in this camp. We will finish in 30th.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

First time I ran this thing last year, Florida won. Then Florida went to win the real lottery. Who won it the first time I ran it this year? Carolina. ****.

I had to run it 31 times before Buffalo won for the first time! During that period, the Panthers (1.0%) won twice and Ottawa (5.0%) won four times. We are screwed if we don't pick 30th, because we aren't winning the lottery. :laugh:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.thescore.com/news/674393

The Sabres have 31 points through 43 games, and are heading south. Over/Under on 56.5 total?

Justin Cuthbert

Under. Slam dunk. The Sabres finished with a league-worst 52 points last season with a better roster and without the incentive of one Connor McDavid. With the Coyotes selling and the Oilers Oilersing, the Sabres understand they need to up their tank game to make it all worth while. Alas, winning 13 of their final 38 games, or losing enough in extra time to accrue the equivalent (they only have three all season), isn't happening.

The Sabres stink worse than their record. And as we've learned, these thing tend to even themselves out.

Thomas Drance

Under.

The Sabres are the worst team in decades, certainly since the expansion Atlanta Thrashers.

I think they'll fall short of 56.5 and by a wide margin. Hopefully their momentary streak of decent play stands as a reminder to all of us: even literally the worst team ever can reel off respectable results over a small sample of games.

Justin Bourne

Yeah I should've set that bar lower, hey? We're all on the same page here. The Sabres are so bad I can't help but wonder if Tim Murray doesn't watch, do the awkward collar tug, and mutter stuff under his breath like "You may have made this 'trying to lose' thing a bit too obvious here, Timmy."

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
First time I ran this thing last year, Florida won. Then Florida went to win the real lottery. Who won it the first time I ran it this year? Carolina. ****.

I had to run it 31 times before Buffalo won for the first time! During that period, the Panthers (1.0%) won twice and Ottawa (5.0%) won four times. We are screwed if we don't pick 30th, because we aren't winning the lottery. :laugh:
I got ****ing Toronto. I closed the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad