Official 2015 tank thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
First time I ran this thing last year, Florida won. Then Florida went to win the real lottery. Who won it the first time I ran it this year? Carolina. ****.

I had to run it 31 times before Buffalo won for the first time! During that period, the Panthers (1.0%) won twice and Ottawa (5.0%) won four times. We are screwed if we don't pick 30th, because we aren't winning the lottery. :laugh:

I got Buffalo first try!!....I'll let Gary know the outcome:naughty:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
First time I ran this thing last year, Florida won. Then Florida went to win the real lottery. Who won it the first time I ran it this year? Carolina. ****.

I had to run it 31 times before Buffalo won for the first time! During that period, the Panthers (1.0%) won twice and Ottawa (5.0%) won four times. We are screwed if we don't pick 30th, because we aren't winning the lottery. :laugh:

If we finish 29th, there is a 33.5% chance we draft top 2 as well.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Regarding yesterday's conversation, I just saw a thread on the prospects board that says the auditing firm that oversees the lottery is Ernst and Young. That rang a bell as I read it.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
:laugh:

This is the NHL. The worst team can beat the best team at any time. The Sabres will go on 2 if not 3 win streaks. We just lost 9 straight games in regulation and we aren't even in last. WE ARENT FINISHING 30th. Very very soon we will win a few games while Edmonton will keep losing like the ECHL caliber franchise they are.
You are completely oblivious.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17hn4UYpEQ8YNg7nnXu57yiNL21ezJMKehag6FfX--fg/edit?usp=sharing

75%+ chance of drafting one of McDavid or Eichel.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
You are completely oblivious.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17hn4UYpEQ8YNg7nnXu57yiNL21ezJMKehag6FfX--fg/edit?usp=sharing

75%+ chance of drafting one of McDavid or Eichel.

Why? Because some site projects us to lose enough to finish last? As of now we have a 33% chance of drafting one of the two. But keep counting your chickens before they hatch. When the Sabres are in 30th and the games played column says 82 then I'll start celebrating and penciling them in. Until then you are simply just wishful thinking that we get one.

Maybe, but are you that naive to think that the rest of the bottom teams won't go on Winning streaks? If Buffalo can go on winning streaks so can any other team. We're currently 2 points....2 freakin' points from 30th place. Edmonton hasn't exactly done well, and they are only 2 points behind after that 10-3 streak of ours. There is a whole lot of hockey left and we haven't even started to make moves to influence the standings. Others have.

Watching the Sabres play, we're the worst team by a mile. Statistics indicate we're the worst team by a mile. We will be in last place by the end of the year. When it comes to the Lottery, and who wins it, well that's a different story.

Yes other teams will go on winning streaks. But we haven't won a game in 2015. We have lost 9 straight in regulation. AND WE ARENT EVEN IN LAST!!!! The losses aren't going to keep piling up. The Oil need to start winning end of story. And they simply aren't.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo

I ran it 8 and the Canes won twice.

Vomit.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Why? Because some site projects us to lose enough to finish last? As of now we have a 33% chance of drafting one of the two. But keep counting your chickens before they hatch. When the Sabres are in 30th and the games played column says 82 then I'll start celebrating and penciling them in. Until then you are simply just wishful thinking that we get one.

Yes other teams will go on winning streaks. But we haven't won a game in 2015. We have lost 9 straight in regulation. AND WE ARENT EVEN IN LAST!!!! The losses aren't going to keep piling up. The Oil need to start winning end of story. And they simply aren't.

There's this thing called "mathematics," maybe you've heard of it. And it says that you're wrong with your percentage.

You're the one assuming we aren't going to finish at the bottom of the league. So why are the people who think we are so in the wrong? You're main argument for us not finishing last is that we dont win often. You're just spewing stuff out of your mouth.

Oh, and Edmonton has been playing way WAY better than us too. They just beat Chicago and the isles for Christ sake. And then lost at the last second to Tampa. Really not bad.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Layne will be the first person to tell us that he knew we were drafting 30th all along. I mean this is the guy who told St. Louis fans they would win nothing without overpaying for Ryan Miller and then turning around and telling their fans they were stupid for their GM to pay such a price for Miller and that Miller was a loser. So.. yeah.

KennyFnPowers*

Layne will be the first person to tell us that he knew we were drafting 30th all along. I mean this is the guy who told St. Louis fans they would win nothing without overpaying for Ryan Miller and then turning around and telling their fans they were stupid for their GM to pay such a price for Miller and that Miller was a loser. So.. yeah.

so classy...

KennyFnPowers*

F-IT! going out on a limb here, EDM wins 3 of their next 6.

If we can just keep losing... that's the KEY - Unless they beat Philly and start to turn it around... we could easily turn this 9 game streak into 14 or 15.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
:laugh:

This is the NHL. The worst team can beat the best team at any time. The Sabres will go on 2 if not 3 win streaks. We just lost 9 straight games in regulation and we aren't even in last. WE ARENT FINISHING 30th. Very very soon we will win a few games while Edmonton will keep losing like the ECHL caliber franchise they are.

Self aware level zero

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Since talking about how bad the Sabres played isn't accurate because I've stopped viewing their dismal performances as a bad thing, I'm going to instead rate the play on a 1-10 scale of how many times they deserve to be struck with a comically large fish until they've earned that games pay. With 1 of course being 1 strike to the face with the large fish and 10 being after 9 strikes with the fish as security is dragging me away screaming I break free for one last mighty tomahawk swing before being tazed until I soil myself.

For reference, the 4 min mark:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Believe me, there's been boards put up, ads taken out in the paper, etc etc... Problem is that anything even remotely negative in the arena (or even around it) is censored. You will get thrown out if you start "Fire X" chants, bring signs asking for the heads of management...

It's basically that kid who always has his fingers in his ears when someone is scolding him and shouting "I'm not listening!"

In a word, the Oilers are ****ed. Until Katz fires his little buddies (and he won't) this team will never be successful. Ironic that the Oilers were better when they had a budget.

When the Oilers are asked about our crappy attendance, they blame it on the weather. Being an Oiler fan has broken me.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
There's this thing called "mathematics," maybe you've heard of it. And it says that you're wrong with your percentage.

You're the one assuming we aren't going to finish at the bottom of the league. So why are the people who think we are so in the wrong? You're main argument for us not finishing last is that we dont win often. You're just spewing stuff out of your mouth.

Oh, and Edmonton has been playing way WAY better than us too. They just beat Chicago and the isles for Christ sake. And then lost at the last second to Tampa. Really not bad.

Seriously, there needs to be some Probability 101 taught here. Even if we win at a .500 clip for the rest of they year we're pretty much a lock for bottom 3 already.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Don't you realize though that when the Sabres win, they are the only team that wins? All the other tankers will lose every game they play! They'll never have a small winning streak of their own!

Bps21*

So certain posters have already gone from "They blew the tank they're too good...we can't win without McEichel" to "Well...we are still going to blow it and draft 3rd anyway". Next stop "Even with McEichel the rebuild will fail".

Always gotta stay ahead with the negativity. Always the same people.

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014
change.jpg

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Come on Mike! :doh:

@BNHarrington

Tank talk is hugely the NHL's fault. Should have put in 2016 rules -- top 3 via lottery -- in 2015 and thus no auto benefit to 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad