Official 2015 tank thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Not much else to look forward to when you have:

The worst management in the NHL
A defense that would barely make it in the AHL
A pair of goalies who couldn't stop a clock
An overrated forward core who couldn't score at a brothel
An(other) AHL coach who was promoted without even the slightest glance at anyone else
An owner who would just as soon send the team to Seattle than receive playoff revenue, who will never, ever look the problem in the eye and realize that the team is ****ing godawful in every facet...

Well, you get the idea. Basically the Oilers are a mess in every conceivable way and until the twerkers at the top are given pink slips it's going to be this way for a very long time.

That wouldn't happen here. You have guys at ownership who are best friends with the management. It's a recipe for disaster. If no improvement happens with our team in the next 2 years heads will roll and changes will be made. I wouldn't support a team like that to be honest. I'd organize riots, billboards, walkouts, etc...It's been done before with the Bills and it always works once the media gets involved. You guys still support that pathetic management that are making no changes. So what reason do they have to change? They're still making bank.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Just looked at the schedule.

Looking forward to the tankfest later in the month against the oilers. Should be fun to watch.

Also, glad we don't play the Sharks again this season.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That wouldn't happen here. You have guys at ownership who are best friends with the management. It's a recipe for disaster. If no improvement happens with our team in the next 2 years heads will roll and changes will be made. I wouldn't support a team like that to be honest. I'd organize riots, billboards, walkouts, etc...It's been done before with the Bills and it always works once the media gets involved. You guys still support that pathetic management that are making no changes. So what reason do they have to change. They're still making bank.

Believe me, there's been boards put up, ads taken out in the paper, etc etc... Problem is that anything even remotely negative in the arena (or even around it) is censored. You will get thrown out if you start "Fire X" chants, bring signs asking for the heads of management...

It's basically that kid who always has his fingers in his ears when someone is scolding him and shouting "I'm not listening!"

In a word, the Oilers are ****ed. Until Katz fires his little buddies (and he won't) this team will never be successful. Ironic that the Oilers were better when they had a budget.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Oilers have 16 games remaining against the East. They're 7-6-1 currently against the East, so Even if they get slightly worse results than what they have so far, that's still probably another 6-7 wins for them, and while the Oil only have 3 wins against the West so far, they have 8 OT/SO losses, so maybe they'll get around 6-7 wins in their final 21 games against the West. That would give the Oilers around 22-24 wins, so most likely around 57-62 points.

For Buffalo to match that record, they would need to finish the year with around 10 more wins and 8 OT/SO losses. Buffalo has benefited greatly the first half with SO wins. Nearly 50% of our current wins are from the SO.

Edmonton's 7-7-1 against the East after tonight. That said, the whole East vs West thing gets overstated. Certainly the East is not as strong of a conference as the West, but over the sample sizes we're talking about, there's absolutely no guarantee that Edmonton will perform better against the East than against the West over the remainder of the season. In the East, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, the Rangers, Philadelphia, and Carolina all have better records against the West than they do against the East, and in the West Nashville, Chicago, Anaheim (that's the top 3 West teams), San Jose, Los Angeles, and Calgary have all performed better against the West than against the East.

All told Western teams have earned 261 points in non-conference games vs. 248 earned by the Eastern teams in 232 total non-conference games. That's not a significant difference. (Note: Not sure if this counts tonights DET-STL game, and it obviously doesn't count tonight's TOR-SJ game)

There's definitely a lot of hope right now that the Oilers will pass us, and we finish 30th, but there's a lot that could still go wrong. The Oilers could hit a bad stretch again, Arizona could go full tank and have a bad swing, Buffalo could pull a few WTF wins again. I see last place this year having probably around less than 58 points, more likely closer to 50 than 58, and for Buffalo to get to that point, they would need to finish with less than 10 wins in their remaining games. But right now, Buffalo doesn't control their fate fully, still have to count on a few other teams to pull out some more wins.

We have 37 games left, including @EDM, @ARZ, vs ARZ, and vs Carolina. Those 4 games will most likely have huge standings implications. With Buffalo 2 back of EDM right now, than game could be the difference of being tied with EDM for 30th, or going up by 2 games (4pts). It's going to be a tight race to the finish

Actually we do. As we play Edmonton again, a regulation loss in all of the rest of our games clinches last place.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It won't matter who comes in last place since Phoenix will "magically" win the draft lottery. It's really a tank battle for Eichel who I'm assuming would rather be a Sabre then an Oiler.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Believe me, there's been boards put up, ads taken out in the paper, etc etc... Problem is that anything even remotely negative in the arena (or even around it) is censored. You will get thrown out if you start "Fire X" chants, bring signs asking for the heads of management...

It's basically that kid who always has his fingers in his ears when someone is scolding him and shouting "I'm not listening!"

In a word, the Oilers are ****ed. Until Katz fires his little buddies (and he won't) this team will never be successful. Ironic that the Oilers were better when they had a budget.

This is insane. Stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess. Did not know about this stuff. Well sympathy goes out to you guys. At least Eakins is gone, and you guys look better.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This is insane. Stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess. Did not know about this stuff. Well sympathy goes out to you guys. At least Eakins is gone, and you guys look better.

Eakins is honestly a very small problem. Yes he sucked and yes he probably ruined a few of our players (Yakupov and Schultz have been horrendous during his tenure), but the fact that MacT immediately hired him without even so much as talking to any other coaches should tell you enough.

I'm very worried that Nelson will be hired full time regardless of the rest of the season on the grounds that he's better than Eakins (which is like saying a cheetah is faster than a snail).

Should this season finally end the tyranny that plagues us it'll be worthwhile regardless if we get McDavid or not, but I'm extremely skeptical. Lowe has been with the organization through stuff that would get even the most loyal employee fired.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Season Opener. Draft Lottery. Draft.Season Opener. Draft Lottery. Draft.Season Opener. Draft Lottery. Draft.Season Opener. Draft Lottery. Draft.Season Opener. Draft Lottery. Draft.Season Opener. Draft Lottery. Draft.Season Opener. Draft Lottery. Draft.Season Opener. Draft Lottery. Draft.

You're missing one more Season Opener. Draft Lottery. Draft for the 2015 season.

That's right. You have to make fun of the Oilers harder next time. Shame on you!! :sarcasm::sarcasm:

(But seriously, to all of ya'll Buffalo fans - you deserve McEichel far, far more than Lowe and MacT do. McEichel deserve far, far better than what we can offer them anyways.)

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Do you have some more info on it? Like, what arbitration firm specifically? I couldn't really find any in-depth stuff about it on google.

Also, just to clear it up, I'm not saying the lottery is rigged, I'm saying I would probably seriously consider rigging it, if I was the NHL Commissioner and a money-driven psychopath. :)
The Lottery has been observed in the past by the accounting firm Ernst and Young, which is one of the world's "Big Four" auditing firms. The company is older and much bigger than the NHL, so while I'm sure there have been scandals, I don't see them putting their name and reputation behind fraud like a rigged lottery.

I haven't felt so positive about this franchise in 6 years. This season could be worthwhile after all!!
Quoted and bookmarked for posterity! :laugh:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Just saw the game tonight on dvr. Murray made the savviest decision of the tank when he signed commander benoit.

Oops I meant mess. Alcohol is the only way to numb the pain.

Last edited:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
You're missing one more Season Opener. Draft Lottery. Draft for the 2015 season.

That's right. You have to make fun of the Oilers harder next time. Shame on you!! :sarcasm::sarcasm:

(But seriously, to all of ya'll Buffalo fans - you deserve McEichel far, far more than Lowe and MacT do. McEichel deserve far, far better than what we can offer them anyways.)

I think the majority of Buffalo fans appreciate your sentiments and many would agree on both counts. The Oilers FANS may deserve a McEichel but the reality is with the same front office even a player the likes of McEichel may not be able to right the ship. There's truly no excuses for not having a more competitive team after the years of top picks that have been drafted by the Oilers.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

I see what you did

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
We aren't finishing 30th. Say hello to Hanifin or Strome. We have what, One win the last 12-13 games? And yet we are still not in 30th? I hope people realize we are going to go on a few 2-3 game winning streaks. We will be lucky to finish 29th.

Already resigned to the fact we will be picking 3rd at best and most likely 4th or 5th. Thank you franchise crippling useless fluke winning streak a few months back!!!

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
We aren't finishing 30th. Say hello to Hanifin or Strome. We have what, One win the last 12-13 games? And yet we are still not in 30th? I hope people realize we are going to go on a few 2-3 game winning streaks. We will be lucky to finish 29th.

Already resigned to the fact we will be picking 3rd at best and most likely 4th or 5th. Thank you franchise crippling useless fluke winning streak a few months back!!!

Jesus, you make me want to drink more whiskey than I already do. Calm down, you don't know that.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site

WHO is this team beating? WHO? They won't win 5 games the rest of the season. This team gets worse at the trade deadline. Let that set in for a moment. Edmonton and Carolina are playing much better, it is only a amtter of time til the Sabres regain their 30th spot.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

Stop with the waterworks.

Anyone else start associating McEichel like it is an actual person?
Yes.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
WHO is this team beating? WHO? They won't win 5 games the rest of the season. This team gets worse at the trade deadline. Let that set in for a moment. Edmonton and Carolina are playing much better, it is only a amtter of time til the Sabres regain their 30th spot.

Oilers haven't even entered tank mode yet... we're actually trying to win right now. Just wait till we trade Petry and Purcell. Good luck out-tanking that. :sarcasm:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
We aren't finishing 30th. Say hello to Hanifin or Strome.

If Strome is best player available I will pray we trade the pick. Don't need to be drafting anyone that needs remedial skating classes, this team already looks like its skating uphill most nights.

-edit-
I don't have any issue with Strome in general, just with him being the payoff after this season. He reminds me alot of Grigorenko in junior -has size but doesn't use it, has good vision but needs a catalyst to be effective and the lack of speed. Would just prefer we get an impactful, dynamic, jaw dropping prospect after this season of hell. Might be able to trade down a few spots, acquire a good forward prospect and still draft Kylington.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad