Official 2015 tank thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyFnPowers*

I see Yandle as more of a draft-day/July 1st trade.

that'd be smart, but it might hurt their chances for McEichnutz by that point... not sure if they're going for top-2, or just want to start this year with a Hanifin/Crouse/Marner stud moving into their rebuild...? Lottery, I know..

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Well, in some cases it would be rational on their part to rig the lottery purely from a business perspective. Is that a fair assumption?

Sure..but the whole rigged lottery in all the sports is a little absurd considering the lotteries are conducted by an independent 3rd party..... the conspiracy would have to be of epic proportions. You just can't have shenanigans like that with nothing spilling in a tell all book. The fact that nobody has even come out and hinted at a rigged lottery should tell you something.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Sure..but the whole rigged lottery in all the sports is a little absurd considering the lotteries are conducted by an independent 3rd party..... the conspiracy would have to be of epic proportions. You just can't have shenanigans like that with nothing spilling in a tell all book. The fact that nobody has even come out and hinted at a rigged lottery should tell you something.

the NBA blatantly rigs the draft lottery all the time

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Is that true? Or do you mean no one like an ex-commissioner has come out and said this happened?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Is that true? Or do you mean no one like an ex-commissioner has come out and said this happened?

To my knowledge .. nobody involved in the NBA, MLB,NFL,NHL or any of the 3rd parties that conduct their lotteries have come out with a charge of the lotteries being rigged. I just hear a lot of speculating from pundits, media and fans.

Edit: .. NFL doesn't have a lottery so that makes sense.

I don't think MLB has lottery either.

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
i'll believe billion dollar businesses leave things to chance when that chance is laid out in plain site right in front of me.

You would think the Lakers or Celtics would of won the NBA lottery last year then.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

Come on lets not be silly...you believe everything you read or see on TV too?

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Do you believe everything you read or see, like claims that a draft lottery was rigged with nothing but a tenuous supposed motive to back it up?

I choose to believe like occam's razor the most simple answer is usually the right one but over time we all know that is not always the case but to say just because a 3rd party does the lottery means there is no possibility of the outcomes being manipulated to me us just silly.

And no, I don't believe everything I read and see so I am not brainwashed by propaganda but that is a different thread.

Last edited:

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
What's silly is assuming a conspiracy exists just because you imagine it could.

but you can also say is it is silly to assume that conspiracys don't exist because they are silly. If you don't think the NHL flavors teams then you don't watch very closely. Wouldn't that be a conspiracy?

I read posts about how the refs favor the leafs when the sabres play them...well that is also a conspiracy.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I choose to believe like occam's razor the most simple answer is usually the right one but over time we all know that is not always the case but to say just because a 3rd party does the lottery means there is no possibility of the outcomes being manipulated to me us just silly.

Who said there isn't a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad