Official 2015 tank thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
They can dump some real good players.

We can move Drew Stafford.
Stafford means quite a bit to our team though. Not Vermette oe Yandle levels but he's basically our only productive winger. Hell if you factor in games played he's possibly our most productive forward period.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
They can dump some real good players.

We can move Drew Stafford.

If we want to really screw ourselves, the guys we move are Mitchell, Stewart and Stafford.

Then call up plugs like Ellis and Dalpe. Leave the kids to simmer in Rochester (even though they're no better off playoff-wise).

A lineup like:
Ennis-Girgensons-Moulson
Flynn-Varone-Gionta
Des-Hodgson-Dalpe
Kaleta-Ellis-Foligno (when healthy)

Yeah....that lineup is probably worse than even if Arizona sells off everything.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Send Ristolainen to the AHL, bam the D corps explodes into flames. :laugh:

Not really, though. Ristolainen is coming across nicely in the NHL. Arizona is a legitimate threat since they're in the west. That said, I still think we're worse, and at least some players currently on the team won't be by the end of the season.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
The main board thinks the yotes deserve to win the lottery to get mcdavid. Some have even suggested bettman will rig the lottery to have them win!

No one, and I mean no one, will out-tank us!

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Just seems stupid for him to wallow around in AZ right now

This is the first time Maloney has spoken about a true rebuild..don't see Doan staying

wallow around as in stay home with his family in a community that loves him that he and his wife are both fixtures in

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
And telling teammates they need to spend more time with god if you believe some of the stories.

I think this board should pray to the hockey gods every night to grant us one of the McEichels.

Our founders, who art in the HHoF, hallowed be thy names, our cup win come, if thy will be done across the NHL to make Buffalo hockey heaven. Gives us this loss, our daily need; and forgive us our tank as we forgive those who tanked against us; lead us not into the temptation of over priced UFAs, but deliver us from finishing 29th.
Morenz

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Those are some sexy tank stats.
They are eye popping sexy stats!!!

nah... it's just the first block falling...
I prefer to think of it as sighting in their 120mm main gun...

wallow around as in stay home with his family in a community that loves him that he and his wife are both fixtures in
Doan's not going anywhere for the family / community reasons cited above. If he was going to leave, he would have done it a few years ago.

I just realized your avatar...:laugh:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
We'll see what happens in Arizona. Doan turned down stupid money from Pegula to stay in Phoenix. I don't think he requests a trade unless its clear the team is relocating.

Yandle.....I'm not sure. Vermette and Michalek will be gone for sure. I'd love to know how much salary they can realistically move and stay above the year end floor.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
We'll see what happens in Arizona. Doan turned down stupid money from Pegula to stay in Phoenix. I don't think he requests a trade unless its clear the team is relocating.

Yandle.....I'm not sure. Vermette and Michalek will be gone for sure. I'd love to know how much salary they can realistically move and stay above the year end floor.

Disaster averted.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Understated point: ARI is 7th on the PP this season. Was watching their last game against the Sharks and before not converting in that game they were 4th. OEL and Yandle really do an amazing job with puck movement and getting shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad