OT: Official 2014 Patriots/NFL Thread - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Man if Minny can get their QB situation figured out in the next few seasons while AP still has tread left on the tires, look out. Patterson is just awesome to watch, and that D has some potential.

They needed a fresh D mindset.. Frazier was stale...and Turner has a good O system...

We will see, I expect the Vikings to lose it somehow, but nowhere near as afraid of the Pats as I used to be.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Bitter? I'm pumped today... New coach... new attitude... Outdoor football in Minny. Football is here!

Minny is better than Miami on both lines, and at every skill position. Good luck

Then again, how did Brady do against Zimmer defenses?

I'm too lazy to go back too far, but last two outings vs Zimmer in Cincy:

9/12/10 @NE: WIN 38-24, 25/35, 258, 3 TD's 0 INT's, 120.9 QBR

10/6/13 @CIN: LOSS 13-6, 18/38, 197 0 TD's, 1 INT, 52.2 QBR

Mixed bag, but IIRC last year's game was played in heavy rain, which I would guess affected both Brady and Dalton (who had below average numbers as well).

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
They needed a fresh D mindset.. Frazier was stale...and Turner has a good O system...

We will see, I expect the Vikings to lose it somehow, but nowhere near as afraid of the Pats as I used to be.

emperor-palpatine-meme-generator-hi-good-good-36005f.jpg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Bitter? I'm pumped today... New coach... new attitude... Outdoor football in Minny. Football is here!

Minny is better than Miami on both lines, and at every skill position. Good luck

Then again, how did Brady do against Zimmer defenses?

That is the real reason for the Vikings' decline right there. Vikings are supposed to be cold weather warriors!!!! I remember their days at Metropolitan Stadium- they were a team to fear. Bring back the Purple People Eaters!!!:yo:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think this past Sunday was one of the more embarassing games we've played in the past few years, easily. I place the blame 85% on the O-line and D-line.

We barely even came close to their QBs, and let them walk all over Brady all game. Of course he was going to look off. I thought Brady was great until the very end when the game was already over and he was going for some desperation try anything plays when his completion percentage dropped.

There were a few times I was surprised Brady even got back up uninjured... if Brady has to play a whole season like that game, the end of his career will come a lot sooner than it should, I don't think his body can or should take that type of beating persistently. Good thing it's only a penalty when we hit the other team's QB though.

Oh, and 2 blocked punts between Game 1 and preseason is utterly laughable. You can't even do that in the video games on beginner/easy mode. LOL. It literally looked like on replays, our guy would let theirs run right by, and then watch them wreak havok on our punter, QB, running back, whoever, and shrug his shoulders like, whoops, I tried!

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The Ravens are full of ****.

The league is full of ****.

They all saw this video before. The Ravens own website said they saw the video. ****ing pathetic.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Ravens are full of ****.

The league is full of ****.

They all saw this video before. The Ravens own website said they saw the video. ****ing pathetic.

Exactly. Them cutting him is just spin. If he were still the same guy from 5 years ago, there's no chance in hell they cut him.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Rice should be banned from the NFL. Too many thugs in that league. Doesn't even compare to the NBA, if you want to bring the whole race and class issue into the discussion... the NFL is on some crazy level of personal issues with its players.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Adam Schefter (ADAM SCHEFTER!) lost his mind today, basically saying the league is lying and they are full of ****.

He and a lot of other guys reported the league had seen the tape at the time of the suspension.

**** Goodell. **** the Ravens. **** the system that didn't put this piece of **** in jail.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Makes you wonder if, in the future, leagues will shoot first and ask questions later with regards to these situations.

That could be just as dangerous as underreacting.

member 96824

"We decided to do the right thing after you guys had access to the same information we did."

"Oh...and Janay still regrets her role in this. She apologies to all of Ray's fans who cheered him on"

"Also, any of you guys have the address for TMZ...would like to have a quick word with them"

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Haha. NOW the league has suspended him indefinitely.

Roger Goodell is a piece of ****. Amoral *******s that only care about one thing and one thing only.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
didnt the Ravens just terminate his contract? hes done

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Makes you wonder if, in the future, leagues will shoot first and ask questions later with regards to these situations.

That could be just as dangerous as underreacting.

Goodell does that too. He ****ed up the Saints Bounty thing so bad they had to bring in his predecessor to fix his mess. I still think Spygate was handled in all ways by the league horrifically.

Goodell is a horrendous commissioner and I'm fairly certain a horrendous human.

member 96824

"We're saddened to see Ray Rice go, but it was a needed move. We can't condone actions like that. On a side note, come on down for Ray Lewis bobblehead night!"

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Haha. NOW the league has suspended him indefinitely.

Roger Goodell is a piece of ****. Amoral *******s that only care about one thing and one thing only.

So Rice goes from getting off lightly to the most extreme case ever because a tape leaked. How is Gooddell still employed ?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Is there any doubt that this all comes down to money and that the league will do what it has to do to maximize its value?

(this involves doing the right thing when it makes sense economically)

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Adam Schefter (ADAM SCHEFTER!) lost his mind today, basically saying the league is lying and they are full of ****.

He and a lot of other guys reported the league had seen the tape at the time of the suspension.

**** Goodell. **** the Ravens. **** the system that didn't put this piece of **** in jail.

Totally agree with all of this. But honestly Mike, are you surprised? This IS the Ravens we're talking about. The same orginization that did nothing when Ray Lewis ****ing murdered somebody, or was an accessory to it at least. Not only did they not do anything, they paraded him around as a classy, upstanding guy, and it was eaten up by media and fans alike.

Stuff like this really makes you wonder where the NFL's priorities are. A league where someone can be suspended for an entire year because they like to smoke weed, but if you hit your spouse and you get 2 games. The fact is, Ray Rice could have EASILY KILLED his fiance with that incident. But don't worry guys, he's a classy individual and this was completely out of character, so he gets a slap on the wrist!

Makes it really hard to want to continue to support that product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad