OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Meh. I watched the Fury/Ngannou fight. I don't think I'll ever tune into those type of fights again. It left me feeling as though a prearranged agreement had been in place.

What a disappointment.
I haven't watched boxing when Lennox Lewis got screwed by the one judge against Holyfield.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I haven't watched boxing when Lennox Lewis got screwed by the one judge against Holyfield.
I know the names but wasn't into boxing. Still not really sure I could say I am. I do love MMA, especially the UFC... Warts and all. So Ngannou boxing interested me. I was a fool to think I'd see something real.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I know the names but wasn't into boxing. Still not really sure I could say I am. I do love MMA, especially the UFC... Warts and all. So Ngannou boxing interested me. I was a fool to think I'd see something real.
Lennox Lewis won the Olympic Gold for Canada in the Super Heavyweight division in 1988, our first gold in over 50 years in boxing. He was fighting Holyfield (the guy Tyson bit) in 1999 to unify the the WBC, IBF and WBA titles. Lewis dominated Holyfield, the punch stats were ridiculously one sided. Of the 3 judges, one called it a draw, and one gave it to Holyfield. The HBO commentators outright called the the decision a travesty and a shame. It was also so egregious that the boxing commission called for a rematch, not Lewis and his camp.

Reactions: deleted user

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
UFC has had controversy, without a doubt, but boxing has always been so.. "off".

Protecting perfect records. Dodging opponents. Shifty scorecards.

I dunno. I see crap happening with the UFC and pray it doesn't devolve into a worse state. Boxing seems to be fully in that worse state already and I couldn't see myself ever supporting that.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
UFC has had controversy, without a doubt, but boxing has always been so.. "off".

Protecting perfect records. Dodging opponents. Shifty scorecards.

I dunno. I see crap happening with the UFC and pray it doesn't devolve into a worse state. Boxing seems to be fully in that worse state already and I couldn't see myself ever supporting that.
UFC and WWE are teh same company now, so if they want to get nutty.....

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
WWE is something I really enjoyed from age 4 till about 14ish. Then again from 35 till 37ish.

Yep. I had a roommate who kinda got me back into it. But as he moved out I found myself not willing to watch it alone.

I really would like to chill and watch Iyo Sky and Ricochet. Those are my favourite current performers. But I just can't sit through the entire show. I hate LA Knight. Yeeeaaaah.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
WWE is something I really enjoyed from age 4 till about 14ish. Then again from 35 till 37ish.

Yep. I had a roommate who kinda got me back into it. But as he moved out I found myself not willing to watch it alone.

I really would like to chill and watch Iyo Sky and Ricochet. Those are my favourite current performers. But I just can't sit through the entire show. I hate LA Knight. Yeeeaaaah.
Iyo is the champ now.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I love her.

My favorite is Kevin Owens. I think he's hilarious.

This was a segment last night. It starts about 30 seconds in.

and then him talking about it after

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I'll agree, I never had any gripes with Owens. I always liked his soundbites and thought he gave the fans good performances.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I really did enjoy watching NXT the most out of the shows. Damnit. I may have to at least watch that and see if I can put it back into my weekly routine. God I loved the development.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I really did enjoy watching NXT the most out of the shows. Damnit. I may have to at least watch that and see if I can put it back into my weekly routine. God I loved the development.
Well now that Triple H is running creative, the main shows are more like NXT used to be and NXT is great too, their Women's division is f***ing stacked, so many ladies that could be stars

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Shit. Well, I tend to do this odd thing. Basically when I'm stressed or my personal life is in shambles... Instead of shying away from activities I love and understanding that it's normal to lose interest during depression. I always somehow go,

Whoa. f*** me. Cops here for roommate? Sorry. I'm not sure what is happening.

Reactions: Figgy44

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Hopefully.
It's f***ed up, tbh. He's also part of the Alpha House scatter site housing stuff. Like I am. We share an area in this basement, but honestly don't see eachother a lot. He stays in his rental space and I in mine. I have heard him open the door to his area a few times. But I think I told you privately that no worker has been around in a long time.

It's disconcerting, man.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
It's f***ed up, tbh. He's also part of the Alpha House scatter site housing stuff. Like I am. We share an area in this basement, but honestly don't see eachother a lot. He stays in his rental space and I in mine. I have heard him open the door to his area a few times. But I think I told you privately that no worker has been around in a long time.

It's disconcerting, man.
You did yeah, I wasn't sure what you wanted to say publicly, so I was keeping my answers short so I didn't accidentally reveal something you weren't comfortable with.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Eh, I don't think I've ever said my full name on here or anything that could reveal too much. I appreciate it though. I say what I'm okay with on this board. I've dealt with homeless issues, addiction nonsense, and I've come outta it thankfully.

Just can't help but feel for the guy. I've railed against him in my head because of some annoyances he's caused me but I'm a hypocrite to judge him harshly.. as he's still in active addiction. I feel bad. I just hope he'll get support. Alpha house sucks.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Picking up a few games for my Xbox One X that are on sale in the Xbox Microsoft store app:

Chorus. (Criminally underrated from what I've heard, the ppl who've played it are almost in complete unison saying that about it)

Scarlet Nexus Ultimate Edition. (Another case of the ppl who gave it more than a glance saying it's really solid and fun)

Bayonetta. (Personally never seen anyone say anything negative, it's heralded as an awesome game)

Tekken 7 Originals Edition. (Y'know, I was a Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat kinda guy growing up.. and I experienced Soul Calibur late in life, but loved it. So I'm hoping my first dip into the Tekken world is similar to that)

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus. (I'm a sucker for dialogue heavy / choose your own type of adventures.. and I love anime, so I'm hoping this goes well)

Alice: Madness Returns. (Buddy showed me American McGee's Alice back in the day and the creepy, darker take on the classic story pulled me in. This game has crappy graphics. But it's so good)

Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Primogen Edition. (Loved VtM Bloodlines back in my young years and I've been waiting for the sequel forever. That sequel remains in developmental hell. This is kinda plan B for my insatiable appetite for the series)

Everreach: Project Eden. (It's 3 dollars and the main character chick was reminding me of Nova. StarCraft Ghost was never released, bah... But this kinda in a small way reminded me of that. So, yeah, rated badly but I'll give 'er a go)

Taking advantage of some really discounted prices. It'll be a fun ending to 2023. Hurray!

Last edited:

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
What in the sweet hell is the upstairs tenant doing. It's only started recently. I hear a double knock or thud. Never same exact area... It's always a different spot. About 15 or 20 of those. Time between them is maybe 5-8 seconds.

What are you doing up there, bruh.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
What in the sweet hell is the upstairs tenant doing. It's only started recently. I hear a double knock or thud. Never same exact area... It's always a different spot. About 15 or 20 of those. Time between them is maybe 5-8 seconds.

What are you doing up there, bruh.
Building furniture?

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad