OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Sister hasn't answered her cell or even responded to any text since I was really sick. It's been a concerning amount of time. Feeling pretty shitty as I have no idea what to think. We go periods of time without much meaningful contact but at least there's usually always a trivial response or whatever.

Nothing for too long now. Bah.

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
First autumn living in the north again after so many years, so the cold and snow seems to come earlier than what I was used to in the Helsinki region. I need to get new winter tyres for my car, but the dealership didn't send a confirm my order. They even say that if you dont get confirmation email, just send us an email. Well I did that with the order number, and they ask where did you want the tyres delivered.

Let's see what happens but I'm prepared to drive with the old tyres for few weeks now

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
So, I signed up for SN+ Premium today (my cable contract ends in a couple days)

My one concern with doing this was the fact I PVR so much and it takes me more than 24 hours to watch things (usually WWE because it doesn't get spoiled by people, for instance I didn't finish Monday's Raw until after the game last night)... but I have since learned that I can go back quite a ways. This is a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: deleted user

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Awww yesssss. Spotify is lovely. Lunatik, I'm pretty sure I shocked my housemates when I played the first few songs on your list hehe.
I haven't even gotten to adding some goodies... I've been adding more today, I'm just finishing up the letter L... adding The Lox currently, then some Ludacris... just added some of my faves in Lost Boyz

Then after going through that way... I need to add some Canadian Content, with some Rascalz, Choclair, Kardinal, Swollen Members, Maestro Fresh Wes, Ghetto Concept.... ok rambling now lol

Reactions: deleted user

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Started playing Cyberpunk 2077 again. The patches really did make it such a more enjoyable experience. Too bad it wasn't like this upon release... I feel like it let a lot of ppl down and they didn't give it a chance.

Great game.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Started playing Cyberpunk 2077 again. The patches really did make it such a more enjoyable experience. Too bad it wasn't like this upon release... I feel like it let a lot of ppl down and they didn't give it a chance.

Great game.
Bought the game in 2020 and still haven’t finished. I’ve enjoyed it in spurts but just haven’t gotten the time to finish it.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

Great game.
I haven't played it. Not sure if it's for me. Maybe you can help?

I liked the Uncharted series. As well as GTA V, The Newest Saints Row and the Mafia Series... But wasn't big on Gears of War, Fallout or Far Cry.

im also currently playing the last of us 2.. I feel like I liked the first game better but I'm only on Seattle Day 3 (I say only but in reality I have no idea how far that is :laugh: ), and I'm sucking hard lol

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I haven't played it. Not sure if it's for me. Maybe you can help?

I liked the Uncharted series. As well as GTA V, The Newest Saints Row and the Mafia Series... But wasn't big on Gears of War, Fallout or Far Cry.

im also currently playing the last of us 2.. I feel like I liked the first game better but I'm only on Seattle Day 3 (I say only but in reality I have no idea how far that is :laugh: ), and I'm sucking hard lol
You ever played Deus Ex? That's probably the best comparison I can make regarding Cyberpunk. Maybe sprinkle in a bit of GTA 5 regarding the detail to the world, but even then they aren't that comparable.

Also which Fallout game's have you played? Because I found lots of ppl who love Fallout NV don't necessarily like 3 and 4, and the vice versa is also the case.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
You ever played Deus Ex? That's probably the best comparison I can make regarding Cyberpunk. Maybe sprinkle in a bit of GTA 5 regarding the detail to the world, but even then they aren't that comparable.

Also which Fallout game's have you played? Because I found lots of ppl who love Fallout NV don't necessarily like 3 and 4, and the vice versa is also the case.
I've never even heard of Deus Ex lol.

I played Fallout 4 and it was Far Cry 5

I really didn't hate fallout, it just didn't keep me interested... I got as far as getting the armored suit or whatnot. I think my biggest issue was it being first person rather than 3rd person.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I've never even heard of Deus Ex lol.

I played Fallout 4 and it was Far Cry 5

I really didn't hate fallout, it just didn't keep me interested... I got as far as getting the armored suit or whatnot. I think my biggest issue was it being first person rather than 3rd person.
Oh... well forget what I said then lol. I can't really think of another comparable off the top of my head unfortunately.

Just as a heads up on the bolded, but you can play Fallout in either first or third person. I'd have to double-check, but on Xbox at least you just press one of the two middle buttons to pan between first and third person (and I assume its the same for Playstation). I forgot which key it is on PC, but there is a way to switch on that platform as well.

Fallout 4 is kinda whatever as an RPG though tbh. If you want a Fallout game with a ton of freedom with regards to decision making, I'd recommend Fallout NV. The gunplay is outdated as hell, but you can literally kill everyone if you want lol.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Oh... well forget what I said then lol. I can't really think of another comparable off the top of my head unfortunately.

Just as a heads up on the bolded, but you can play Fallout in either first or third person. I'd have to double-check, but on Xbox at least you just press one of the two middle buttons to pan between first and third person (and I assume its the same for Playstation). I forgot which key it is on PC, but there is a way to switch on that platform as well.

Fallout 4 is kinda whatever as an RPG though tbh. If you want a Fallout game with a ton of freedom with regards to decision making, I'd recommend Fallout NV. The gunplay is outdated as hell, but you can literally kill everyone if you want lol.
Maybe after I finish the Last of Us 2, I will try more Assassins Creed games, I really like Origins while I wait for GTA 6 and MLB 24 lol

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Maybe after I finish the Last of Us 2, I will try more Assassins Creed games, I really like Origins while I wait for GTA 6 and MLB 24 lol
Another game in my backlog that Ive yet to complete. I bought it back in 2017, got into it a bit during the pandemic, and now it’s still sitting there lol.

It’s a good one though.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Another game in my backlog that Ive yet to complete. I bought it back in 2017, got into it a bit during the pandemic, and now it’s still sitting there lol.

It’s a good one though.
I like the historic elements to it. Have you tried some of their others?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I like the historic elements to it. Have you tried some of their others?
I've completed I, II, Brotherhood, IV, Unity, and I think Rogue as well. Also played a bit through III and Origins (and the first mission of Odyssey lol). Still have Revelations, Syndicate, and Valhalla untouched.

Blackflag might be my favourite. The ship combat at the time was like crack, couldn't get enough of it.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
For once Doordash f***ed up in my favor, free chicken sandwich w/ mac 'n cheese! In addition to my own order. I waited to see if they'd come back, they didn't but a free cold chicken sandwich is better than a costly hot one

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Laundry, tidying up, bathroom and kitchen. Plus floors. Getting it all done today. Giddy up.

Edit: I blitzkrieg'd the shit outta it. Just waiting on my blankets to dry. Woooot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad