OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I am buying a ceramic light up Mini Xmas tree. I fondly remember my grandma having some of these. It's my first Christmas relatively alone in my own space. So I don't wanna go all out for just me. So this will suffice.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
What in the sweet hell is the upstairs tenant doing. It's only started recently. I hear a double knock or thud. Never same exact area... It's always a different spot. About 15 or 20 of those. Time between them is maybe 5-8 seconds.

What are you doing up there, bruh.
Sounds like you need a headset for gaming and other things for a more enjoyable experience and to tune those funny sounds out. Do you have one?

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I started using herbal (cocoa bean) cigarettes yesterday. They're tobacco free and nicotine free. The reason I got them is because of the crazy ritualistic desire still bothering me. I haven't had a pack of cigs on me since mid July. In that time frame I've consumed 2 real cigarettes. Yes, 2! So I definitely feel I'm done with "actual" cigarettes.

I did, however, miss nicotine.. badly. I don't want to vape though. I find myself way more impulsive on vape. I use it way more often than if I were to smoke.

Taking a nicotine spray product and trying to be satisfied is annoying. I can't help but think about the whole ritual of pulling out a cigarette from the pack. Lighting it. Flicking ash.

So this is the best of a bad situation. Harm reduction. These herbal cigarettes aren't as dangerous, at all, compared to real smokes. No radioactive fertiliser used on the crop, no companies adding 2000 chemicals to them, etc.

And I can limit my use to 5-7 nicotine sprays along with 5-7 herbal smokes.

I'm trying lol. I knew I was struggling not having some sorta vice. No drugs, no drink. I was going nuts. So this is a tiny, but safer, sliver of the past.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Wow. Vivid dreaming always gets me freaked out. Not only was it very vivid but it was extremely strange. It always has common themes when I experience it. I wish dream interpretation was more rock solid and I could figure out perfectly why I always dream the same things.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Canada playing tomorrow in the finals for the Billy Jean Cup. Leylah Fernandez is an amazing tennis player.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Got my Shaw Ignite all configured and customised now. I'll praise the landlord for throwing it in. Very happy to be able to watch so much and have the recording options.

*slurps coffee* Tonight should be a great game!

Reactions: Figgy44

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Folks, any advice on a good Calgary Flames book? Perhaps around the 1989 era? Could be an autobiography too, read the one about Theo.

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
I am really looking forward to getting more time these holidays and really cleaning out my home of unnecessary things. I feel like seeing a lot of it taking up space and messy is bogging down my mood. It represents chaos, a chaos I'd love to eliminate and replace with a less energy sapping structure.

Once much of the business and chaos is all addressed, it'll be nice to just sit back and relax and have the energy and be in a better mental state to enjoy hobbies again without a care in the world.

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I've been at my cottage for over a week now. It was something like +3 outside and raining when I came here. And few degrees below zero for the past week, and because electricity prices have been high, I've only used the fireplace. After a week, +13 indoors is enough in the bedroom in the morning, doesnt feel cold at all.

I wish I could live here, not just visit. Completely silent, not a single person anywhere near

Last edited:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I've been at my cottage for over a week now. It was something like +3 outside and raining when I came here. And few degrees below zero for the past week, and because electricity prices have been high, I've only used the fireplace. After a week, +13 indoors is enough in the bedroom in the morning, doesnt feel cold at all.

I wish I could live here, not just visit. Completely silent, not a single person anywhere near
No people? That is the dream.

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
Sometimes I wonder if the future will be everyone with VR helmets and 90% of people with them will have them permanently on mute.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Still waiting for the doomsday asteroid event. Eagerly. Lol. XD

Seriously though, I expect when it gets announced (likely by amateur skywatchers) that it'll be refuted and denied. No point in admitting that the end is right there.. societal breakdown and all that jazz..

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I hate cats. Never owned one and never wanted to either. I used to live with a girlfriend who had one. I generally tried to ignore it. It mostly ignored me so we got along ok. Never could see the attraction of owning a cat.
Dogs, on the other other hand, are a man's best friend.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Today has been a good day. Best day I've had in months.

I have been fighting with my insurance company regarding my long-term disability and a few weeks ago they denied me coverage dating back to the end of August.... this afternoon I learned I won my appeal and I am now approved moving forwards.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Bought a Colorado Avalanche ultimate trivia book for my buddy. Hopefully he loves it. He's a huge Avs guy, so he should enjoy. He better. I feel dirty. Lmao.

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
Bought a Colorado Avalanche ultimate trivia book for my buddy. Hopefully he loves it. He's a huge Avs guy, so he should enjoy. He better. I feel dirty. Lmao.

When you get mad, do you call your buddy a "Nord dicks"?

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
When you get mad, do you call your buddy a "Nord dicks"?
Lmfao. Xddd

I've never had a single fight, squabble, argument, or kerfuffle with this friend. Known him since rehab in 2019. Just never get annoyed with him.

Reactions: Figgy44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
this c-train closure is going to suck this weekend. Going to the Flames game tomorrow and Teddy Bear toss Sunday

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Server migration (Xenforo Cloud) is scheduled for Monday, December 4th at 12 pm GMT/UTC. We will experience up to 5 hours of downtime. The board will be active as soon as the process is complete. Thanks for the patience.
I had to Google what time 12 pm GMT is in Calgary. Apparently its 5 am Dec 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad