OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm looking for a pair of ice grips or cleats that will fit these size 12 insulated pac snow boots.
The standard stretch rubber grips that stretch over the sole won't fit because the boot design is just too large. That typed of grip is more suited for a smaller hiking or work boot design. Any suggestions?

s-l1600.jpg

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I'm looking for a pair of ice grips or cleats that will fit these size 12 insulated pac snow boots.
The standard stretch rubber grips that stretch over the sole won't fit because the boot design is just too large. That typed of grip is more suited for a smaller hiking or work boot design. Any suggestions?

View attachment 781843

Get some small screws and screw them directly into the bottom of the boot.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Itching to pick up my JBL Tune 760NC headphones. Hurrrrrrry up.

Testing out Marvel Unlimited and exploring some comics I'd never have a chance to explore normally. Fun so far.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Itching to pick up my JBL Tune 760NC headphones. Hurrrrrrry up.

Testing out Marvel Unlimited and exploring some comics I'd never have a chance to explore normally. Fun so far.

Just received my Bose Quiet Comforts in Cypress Green a couple days ago.

Lost my last set of Bose on a trip to NOLA in the summer, it’s been brutal using my workout buds for the past 5-6 months as my main headphones.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Just received my Bose Quiet Comforts in Cypress Green a couple days ago.

Lost my last set of Bose on a trip to NOLA in the summer, it’s been brutal using my workout buds for the past 5-6 months as my main headphones.
I can't do earbuds for some reason.. they always, always hurt my ears. Sucks, as I'd prefer them. Granted, I'm priced out from trying really good ones but I've had ones around 200 dollars and they hurt me still.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I can't do earbuds for some reason.. they always, always hurt my ears. Sucks, as I'd prefer them. Granted, I'm priced out from trying really good ones but I've had ones around 200 dollars and they hurt me still.

I can’t do regular buds. Like AirPod style buds. I need them to have that plastic style end that noise cancels.

But they have time constraints for me too. I can wear them for a couple hours; like during a workout I can do it, but not for like a 4 hour flight.

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I used to had a 2.1 set, AV-receiver, nice speakers and smallish subwoofer connected to my TV. I just dont have room anymore for those, and I hate all the cables. So I upgraded that to Samsung q995C (same model is probably q990C in NA) soundbar.

Sounds really good for the movies, and probably just like the delivery guy said "now you can start annoying your neighbours" :laugh:

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I can’t do regular buds. Like AirPod style buds. I need them to have that plastic style end that noise cancels.

But they have time constraints for me too. I can wear them for a couple hours; like during a workout I can do it, but not for like a 4 hour flight.
Totally feel that. I'm a 10-12 hour a day music listening machine, so I definitely understand.

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
Have you tried over the ear headphones?

Something like this:

Amazon.ca

I have a pair without Bluetooth. 4GB of space of music is good enough for a solid 3-4 play lists. Amazing for working out. It's also a huge bonus and treat to be able to shower with the headphones on so that the music isn't interrupted.

I wouldn't swim with them. But showering or hanging out in a high moisture environment with no concerns of the headphones being damaged is a special awesome.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Totally feel that. I'm a 10-12 hour a day music listening machine, so I definitely understand.

I have nice speakers in my home and at my office as well; so I have music playing most of the day as well.

I’m sort of a Bose whore so I have the Bose Smart Ultra soundbar at the house that does the record player/TV and phones for music and then at my office I have a nice little Soundlink Flex that has a lot of life.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
So, I'm moving soon and want to be able to decorate some, so I bought some cheap (unframed, rolled) canvas prints. Does anyone know a cheap way to stretch the canvases?... Or a cheap place to get the frames to stretch the canvases on?

I assume getting canvas pliers will be a must.

@Unlimited Chequing I think you'd like 3 of the prints

Screenshot_20231216-202901.png

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
So, I'm moving soon and want to be able to decorate some, so I bought some cheap (unframed, rolled) canvas prints. Does anyone know a cheap way to stretch the canvases?... Or a cheap place to get the frames to stretch the canvases on?

I assume getting canvas pliers will be a must.

@Unlimited Chequing I think you'd like 3 of the prints

View attachment 784961

I've never done it before, but something like this?

MCS 40003 11 by 14 Black Frame to Mount Finished Canvases Amazon.ca

Not sure what dimensions you're doing though.

Another option might be something like this?

Magnetic Poster Hanger Frame, 32x24 32x48 32x40 Teak Wood Magnet Poster Frame for Posters, Prints, Photos, Pictures, Maps, Scrolls, and Canvas Artwork(32" / 81.3cm Amazon.ca

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I've never done it before, but something like this?

MCS 40003 11 by 14 Black Frame to Mount Finished Canvases Amazon.ca

Not sure what dimensions you're doing though.

Another option might be something like this?

Magnetic Poster Hanger Frame, 32x24 32x48 32x40 Teak Wood Magnet Poster Frame for Posters, Prints, Photos, Pictures, Maps, Scrolls, and Canvas Artwork(32" / 81.3cm Amazon.ca
Thanks Figgy, I actually went the picture frame route instead, but the one size was hard to find as it is poster sized, then I grabbed some other pieces that had the inner frame already

Reactions: Figgy44

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
Thanks Figgy, I actually went the picture frame route instead, but the one size was hard to find as it is poster sized, then I grabbed some other pieces that had the inner frame already

Is love to see the end result. :)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I have to wonder how many of you watch tv on a home theatre set up? I do. I have a 65" tv with a AV receiver and five speakers. Is this a dying configuration or is it still popular?

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I have to wonder how many of you watch tv on a home theatre set up? I do. I have a 65" tv with a AV receiver and five speakers. Is this a dying configuration or is it still popular?
Not in a long time. I miss it. Been since 2011.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Signed the lease for my new place yesterday. Hoping I can get the keys a few days early since Jan 1 is a holiday Monday and it'll probably be a real estate agent handing over the keys and he's not gonna wanna work on the long weekend.

Got my new bidet toilet seat attachment from Amazon, so gonna hook that up first. A clean asshole is a happy asshole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad