OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode VIII: Daisy Dukes Sharkinis On Top

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
:laugh:

Yeah, I finally managed to carve out a little Bosnian Kingdom that is sandwiched by the larger Ottoman Empire and Hungarian Kingdom. Even though I have an alliance with Austria, Hungary can easily steam roll me because I just don't have the manpower available to take the provinces I have claimed from Hungary. Hungary also has this pesky alliance with France, so...

Edit: Oh, II has it? We should all get in on it together, sometime. I'll likely need protection from you guys though, since starting as Bosnia has led me to being an absolute garbage EU IV player.

May 27, 2012
Earth

Yeah, I finally managed to carve out a little Bosnian Kingdom that is sandwiched by the larger Ottoman Empire and Hungarian Kingdom. Even though I have an alliance with Austria, Hungary can easily steam roll me because I just don't have the manpower available to take the provinces I have claimed from Hungary. Hungary also has this pesky alliance with France, so...

Edit: Oh, II has it? We should all get in on it together, sometime. I'll likely need protection from you guys though, since starting as Bosnia has led me to being an absolute garbage EU IV player.

I would be down. We could all be in one game. We would have to dedicate certain days to play it though, can really be time consuming. I am pretty sure it's all same when playing with other people. I never tried online before.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Oh I know. My friend, his fiance and myself all have a game of Civ 5 together. We started, played for three hours, and haven't been back to it since because our schedules are just so... incompatible.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Oh I know. My friend, his fiance and myself all have a game of Civ 5 together. We started, played for three hours, and haven't been back to it since because our schedules are just so... incompatible.

If we do end up playing some day, like today :naughty: You have El Dorado and Art of War? Were they separate or did they come with the packag?. If not I could just turn off those expansions.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

I'll have to play with you guys sometime. I am still pretty horrible.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I am alright I guess. There is no guarantee I can protect you though. 150+ hours on the game and sometimes I still get crapped on. Here is an example that destroyed me. I decided to change my state religion and my country went to hell, I had 20+ armies pop up rebelling to change back to the original religion. The max army I could muster was 17. I was pretty much destroyed. Some places defected, I had 12 territories and at the end of the rebellion I was left with two. Lmao.

Last edited:

bWo*

i have gotten EU4 through less than legitimate ways and will be buying it pretty soon when i get a new laptop. Hopefully we can get a game going

May 27, 2012
Earth
Yeah, I thought about changing my religion as Bosnia from Orthodox to Catholic, but after reading that, I'm not so sure. :laugh:

It might not be so bad. I guess it was bad for me because in the El Dorado DLC I made a country mostly full of Greek provinces but state religion was South American. My country was good, no one rebelled. Once I tried converting everybody to Orthodox stuff hit the fan. I had Greeks wanting to defect to the Byzantines, Serbians wanting to form their own country again, South American Zealots wanting to revert back to South American. Then I had some faction that I didn't know who the heck they were and wanted to leave my country. It shouldn't be bad for you though. Just be careful not to piss everybody off.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I'm trying to figure what colonial power to do for my next game. Do I go with Spain? Portugal? France? Great Britain? Who?

GB or Portugal. Starting off as Spain or France can be problematic. If you are Spain you will have to deal with France at some point, vice versa Depends if you ally with Burgundy before they ally with France or they start fighting France. Or if you are France you gotta deal with Burgundy, Spain or the British. In one of my games Austria eventually bordered France and it was was ridiculous what was happening in the area lol.

If you are the Brits, you will have to fight France right off the bat. Won't say anymore, as you will find out your self. Just telling you from what I have seen and my experience with Spain.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
It seems like the only historical strategy game that Spain is not completely screwed in is... Medieval II Total War. They're in a rough spot in Empire Total War, and apparently in a worse one in EU IV, haha.

May 27, 2012
Earth
WWD5bgW.png

Ok. So with the nation creator in the El Dorado DLC I created the Kingdom of Lubeck in the Holy Roman Empire, the green at the top of Germany. Anyways, war broke out between Bohemia and my Kingdom. Denmark(Personal unions with Sweden and Norway) decided they wanted to declare war on me as well and it resulted in Lithuania/Poland union joining the war as well. Hungary and Austria joined. Hungary joined as my ally and Austria is protecting me the leader of the HRE. The War spans from the borders of France and way into modern day Russia. All of the Bluish numbers are my allies and red are the enemies. There is barely any enemies because we are crushing them.

My ally that I also created to make more nations in the Baltic, Gudas is also my ally in the war.

edit: Janko, Bosnia and Serbia were conquered by the Ottomans.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Bosnia%20EU4_zpsfwqcqnxn.png

What year are you in right now? I just hit January 1600 in mine. I wasn't kidding when I said Hungary got decimated in mine. This is actually after another war that I had with Hungary, where I annexed another portion of their territory and the Commonwealth (Poland-Lithuania) annexed one of their provinces as well. I think next war with Hungary may result in wiping them off the map.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Better than what I have done with Bosnia. Pretty good. Declare war on the Commonwealth :sarcasm:

I actually saw one time a commonwealth between 3 countries. it was huge. It was the regular commonwealth + Sweden. Good thing I was playing as a nation in Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad